Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

freya

And her rationale for the spending-'if you begrudge me nice things you're just not a very nice person'. This is why she's never got into debates on twitter. Cleverer people would lacerate her 8 year old level of reasoning.
Erm, excuse you tenderpotato, my 8 year old’s level of reasoning is far superior! 🥔

• Haha
Reactions: 12

griftalo

VIP Member
Not the answer to your question, but I think that cute little bot would pop up if you'd been searching/browsing "air" & "compressor" 🙂
No, it was just here, with many mentions of slopbot. I have no need of a compressor. It is cute though!

• Haha

L3moning

VIP Member
What’s the opposite of a grunk? Where you just skip a few pages, hope for the best, and just dive on in (ir)regardless(ly) with your mithering (pronounced ‘mithering’)?

I feel it needs a name.
No idea, but I skip whole threads sometimes, so 🤷

• Haha

TheMiceInTheShed

VIP Member
BIRD’S TRIFLE
View attachment 2437452Or SPITE trifle in the MonroeverseView attachment 2437448View attachment 2437449View attachment 2437450but I still make rank trifles and in dirty old light fittings that look like the dregs of ashtrays soaked in Guinness and beer runoff from the drip trays on the bar of a 1970s workingman’s club.View attachment 2437451 “The family trifle” 🤮 why does she make everything sound so utterly fucking rank.
View attachment 2437455View attachment 2437456
Oh! and
Butterscotch Angel Delight
Instant mash
And
Pale green breadcrumbs
View attachment 2437462
Double
View attachment 2437467
I wish I was talented enough to change the "Y" in Peppa's expletive into an "F".

• Haha

griftalo

VIP Member
All good points @ForgettyBetty

In my personal budget, I've had to give up salmon and have massively reduced the amount of cheese I eat. And I no longer buy wine (which makes me immensely sad because I rarely eat out and never drink wine in the pub).

I used to post on Twitter quite a bit 🍉 about the challenges of living on benefits. Once, I complained about the astronomical price of cheese and a sympathetic person reached out to me and sent me a voucher for a fancy cheesemonger. That was quite a day! And my one and only accidental social media grift.
Have you looked at food redistribution projects in your area? Sometimes we will get no cheese but at others, three huge blocks or bags of grated cheese. Recently some non dairy camembert iirc. Not tried it yet.

Not just the purchasing of items either. I can see her spending a lot in other ways, taxis, takeaways, meals out etc. All for her of course. She'd be the type to be dropping £35 a month on a 'self care' subscription box and the like. Could even be a gambler, who knows.
How much did that veg box or whatever it was, that she subscribed to cost? Out of interest. Little things like that add up quickly.

View attachment 2434672
This was one of the ads on here for a while and I always thought of him as a slopbot. Do we all see the same ads? Is based on discussion topic, as slopbot was a big mention around the time this one was the ad all the time, or is it on personal browsing history? Does anyone know?
The ad are contextual from what I can summarise. It looks like they are served on topics in the content. It can seem a bit behind as UGC is harder to contextualise because it is ever changing.

There are a lot of very odd people on both sides of Jack Monroe Twitter. I genuinely don’t get the vibe it’s her at all, she has a lot of socks over there for sure and she does get snippy on them but it’s never normally just random attacks like this and the tone is all wrong for Jack.

I reckon it’s a Stan going bonkers defending her or it’s one of the other side trolling trying to make people think it’s her, I can think of candidates who’d do this on both sides.
You are absolutely right. It’s a very weird corner of Twitter. I don’t know where people get the time!

mchops

VIP Member
It's bypassing the electric meter. Electricity current will always take the shortest route via a conductible material (metal being a highly conductible material).

So, the left hand side brown cable (live) is supplying electricity but first it goes up into the meter, which does one or two things, either reads the amount of electric being used or is also a pre-payment meter than needs to be topped up in order for the supply to be active. The supply loops up into the meter box and comes back out. The right hand brown cable (live) is the one that's coming out to supply electricity to the household.

In order to bypass the meter entirely someone has screwed a metal screw into the live cable on the left, attached a metal spoon, screwed it with a metal screw into the right hand cable. Therefore, the electricity will simply go in a direct line from left to right and bypass the meter.

This is a deadly lethal thing to do and could easily cause death or certainly start a fire.

I think it's supposed to be a joke but all the same the theory is sound. It's not worth it.
Oh yeah it's a joke, you'd just stick the load cable in the supply side . Just a bit of Jack hack x engineer lulz

• Haha

mchops

VIP Member
I think good old usa was the only country to not sign that water is a human right

• Sad
  • Angry

griftalo

VIP Member
The ad are contextual from what I can summarise. It looks like they are served on topics in the content. It can seem a bit behind as UGC is harder to contextualise because it is ever changing.
Thanks, I’d pondered it for ages. UGC ugly guest chat? Sorry I haven’t come across the term before!

• Haha

Foxvint

VIP Member
What about her private adhd meds she buys every month, though?
Theres no way she wouldn’t breadcrumb her basal temp stats or summat, show a pineapple with clear blues and pink sticks in it, ask “for a friend” about hormone injections. Nah. And she’d let people believe it’s on the NHS.
Ivf is heavy dough compared with private prescriptions though. I don't know if it's different rules for different health authorities but my mate had successful ivf on NHS so she wasn't entitled to any further rounds- she'd have had to pay. So I don't know if she'd even get it on the NHS with already having had a child.

Copacapybara

VIP Member
The value ranges are almost all still there, Jack's claim they weren't was based on Shoeburyness Asda not having the cheapest rice on one of her visits and Tesco and Sainsburys having recently rebranded their essentials ranges entirely so when she searched for the former name on their websites, she got nothing.
Ah that makes a lot of sense! I was curious myself too as I really need to dial down the spending and get confused when labels change (#ADHD gormlessness)

• Heart

MurielSnark

VIP Member
I don't think we ever triangulated the poor sod beyond someone she was pretending was acting in some sort of security capacity for her to encourage the rage nans to dig deep.
Ahhhh, thanks, that makes sense. I mean, it makes no sense at all, but in the Monroeverse, it's clear now.

• Haha
I had free broadband for a year, not sure what happened but they thought I'd cancelled my contract, I told them I hadn't. Next thing I knew we no longer had any account with the provider, but the broadband carried on working 🤷.

I know of some people locally that get free water too, it being easier to tap into than the leccy meter...
There's basically nothing they can do about water. They're not allowed to cut off a property that people live in and while they can take legal action, it's very rare that they bother because in most cases it would cost them more than the standard rates to do so (so they'd only do it if you were spunking thousands of litres per day, not for normal domestic use). Please note this is not advice just anecdotally based on my experience.

Last edited: