Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Nah that’s not possible. I do know the town, very well, and there were no school buses during our (Jack and my) time at secondary. And the council didn’t provide bus passes except in limited or exceptional circumstances - Jack definitely wouldn’t have qualified for one. But there’s no fucking way she walked daily to and from school. I spent some time in school holidays one year walking from the bit of Southend where her school was back to main Southend (cos of a boy, nothing to do with Jack ahaha) and it’s far too far for even a keen and very fit teenager to have been walking daily.
I mean, this is really the least of it. But there are things she hasn’t lied about, and having a long journey to school and not meeting bus pass eligibility thresholds is one of those.
---

The boys’ grammar in that bit of town is located directly next to the girls’ grammar, they next-door neighbours x
Ah ours wasn’t an official school bus either - I just meant the bus that stopped near the school hence everyone who had to travel got that bus. For many of us it meant we had to get one into town, then one out to the school. I didn’t know if Jack’s 7 mile journey might require something similar to that on public transport.
---
Apologies if the Pokémon has been discussed already but they arrived in the UK in 1999, how popular were they with kids right away? I have a sibling her age and they didn’t have any, and I don’t remember anyone mentioning them around then either. They’re super popular now, but is this one of those writing what she thinks kids do rather than she actually did - things?
I’m a couple of years younger than her and the stickers were a big thing when I was at primary school and cards followed pretty quickly from my recollection. Both were promptly banned because of the fall out from swaps!

Reactions: 14

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Christ Almighty, can you imagine being 24 years old and being like this.

Love a good traffic warden me, if we had more of them, we might not have so many Chelsea tractors parking on pavements so that parents with prams and people in wheelchairs/on scooters wouldn't have to risk their lives walking in the road.

Dogs on beaches should be enforced by snipers, but shoplifting's fine.
But she didn’t have a dog then, now……..

YerDa

VIP Member
I was wondering which she meant. For around five people I just throw in the whole 500g bag and have a bit leftover though 🤣
---

Ah well that clears up my query then!
This is the portion size goal guest should aspire to!

• Haha
It's not a competition to elevenerife poverty. I'm having it tough for reasons. You're having it tough for reasons. A lot of us here are having it tough. I'd rather we just practised solidarity rather than the old Monty Python Four Yorkshiremen approach of trying to outdo each other with our woes.
I was richer for not paying any utility bills!!! Not poorer. Utility companies are as fkn useless as universities who hand out degrees to the unworthy, the media who platform crap and mendacious writers etc etc etc. In that opinion, I hope, we are united.

• Heart
I want to say something. I feel so strongly about this.

I don't have a degree as I unfortunately dropped out of university but I know how hard it is to a) get there in the first place; b) navigate all the academic systems and institutional rigmarole; c) cope with the social aspect, being away from home, managing budgets etc; d) doing the actual coursework and submitting work to deadlines with the all the correct research, references, quotes etc. Not to mention the costs and the vast student loans youngsters and mature students are being landed with.

Anyway I'm outraged that in any civilised country a liar and scammer should have been awarded an honourary qualification, not even one but two. It is now clear that her 'work' has been nothing but a grift. And for what? For thin air! I believe she should be stripped of these awards and I would like us to lobby the universities. How do we go about this? Maybe we can all plan a letter together that we can cut and paste and email from our own personal names and addresses. Honestly, it's a scandal.

She's a disgrace to the middle class that she comes from and she's undermined and mocked the working classes (that I come from). Shouldn't all those fuzzy lefty guardian readers knitting yoghurt and helping the poor people actually be as outraged as I am!?!
I'm actually with you as long as by saying we plan to do so we wouldn't be booted off Tattle.

• Heart
  • Haha

griftalo

VIP Member
  • Haha

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I'm not a qualified electrician but what I know is this, UK electricity is supplied via the mains at averagely 230 volts. It runs around your house through the mains fuse box and goes in all fancy loops and supplies all your light fittings and power sockets. I'm not sure how you could 'buy' half voltage from your supplier and furthermore not sure how that would affect all the appliances that we have designed in this country to run off that level mains voltage.

I am very confused.
---

What I want to know - seriously - is:

a) what was in all the filing cabinets she presumably emptied when sold when she was lying about moving home?
b) why did she need 16 or however many three drawer filing cabinets as well as all her other boxes cupboards bookshelves and sideboards?
c) has she unpacked all her clobber again after spending weeks / months boxing it up?
d) are her 'family' still living separately on the advice of MI6?
e) is she in fact hiding upstairs in the attic avoiding some kind of debt collectors and going in and out via climbing the back fence (as a friend of mine once did) so she can't get 'served'?
different countries run different voltages, thus they make appliances to run on different voltages, if you look at an electric shaver for instance, it may have a switch to switch voltage, thus allow them to make a single product for worldwide use. If you plug a product with the incorrect voltage in, first you blow the product and then trip if not fry your wiring.

Copacapybara

VIP Member
Frauen might be cautiously intrigued by DIY Jamboree Abomination ice cream (not by guest, it’s a retro biscuit ice-cream project by some dude who probably now spends most of his time at Endocrinology attending interminable diabetes clinics.)

Last edited:
  • Haha

Nonah

VIP Member
Yeah, the whole food system is so unbelievably complicated when you look at things like agricultural costs and prices, increases or decreases in govt (or EU) subsidies, the massive issues around logistics and supply chains and transporting fresh and shelf-life produce from all over the country and the world just so that every consumer at, say, Tesco has the same access to the same fresh bananas or tinned fish, all available at every branch and online, and at the same price. It's fascinating but much too complex for my brain, let alone smol pixie brains.
And then access to fuel and cooking know-how and utensils… it’s a monster of a subject.

MooBelle

VIP Member
@Valiofthedolls dear tenderleek, I feel I saw a renewal vow pic and she looked a bit like Ma Ev, but I might be having a fever dream. It was “in the background” of a picture once I think.
Meanwhile, I’m heading to Dec 20 to find Jacks’ “working class food” fever dream for all you jung frauen.
There was one in one of her staged 'this is my happy place' pictured. On the wall with the David Cameron picture iirc.

StewPots

VIP Member
You never see Delia Smith tweeting about sad bastards crywanking into her DMs, do you?
There’s a thread title in there somewhere 🤣

Delia never has saddos crying into her DMs. Jack has them in buckets.
Not very good sorry Canal, but at this time of day it’s the best I can do *crywanks*

• Haha

Five hundred dogs

VIP Member
It probably wasn’t even on a corner anyway! I was thinking it was probably a Waitrose or Booths perhaps?
Probably not Booths, I don’t think we have them in the SE. To be fair it was probably one of those shops that are halfway between a supermarket and a corner shop that have sweets and cigarettes and magazines but also a few chillers with food in from brands you’ve never heard of.

Bugger13

VIP Member
Hang on a minute. Jack COULD get her own pot of coronation chicken from the corner shop for the long (long) walk home.

View attachment 2439070

But her BROTHER had to buy her Chomp bars from the corner shop because she was PAINFULLY SHY?
View attachment 2439074 View attachment 2439075

FFS “I wear sunglasses on the tube”. Chill the fuck out, Norma Desmond.
Could this explain the prick falling under a train (to be saved by a flat ‘Mediterranean arse’?)

• Haha

YerDa

VIP Member
That sock is saying the exact same vile things the last (banned) one did.

Jack Monroe, sad, coked-up, lonely old hag loitering on TwiXXer dripping poison to the same five people. Lol
I’m guessing she thinks that if those five are discredited she gets to relaunch shouting about the trolls and everyone else will clap and cheer.

• Haha

rage naan

VIP Member
Not been in a good place last few days so a lot of catching up to do.
One of my cats got hit by a car and we had to make the difficult decision to have him put to sleep. He was just a baby. The whole situation was just terrible and while I know we did the right thing, letting him go being loved and cuddled and talked to. I'm just an awful mess.

Just how Jack could watch that poor kitten suffer and then monetize it? Makes me livid.

Sorry for the depressing post.
All my sympathies. I'm so so sorry for your loss.

• Heart
Reactions: 13