Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Just a mid grunk thought, I wonder if there has been a day in the past 10 years when Jack hasn't offended/enraged at least one person?
Sorry if this lands inappropriately, just dodging the JWs and rage nans
at the train station and needed to get it out before I forget.
#traineeragenan

Reactions: 12
Still thinking about supermarket prices 😅 if there is a diagnosed gifted Frau who knows about this I’d love to know more. Is it inevitable that price increases will affect those on lowest incomes the most? Because anyone who is currently making more expensive retail choices has the option to trade down to basics and cut things out, but those who have already done that have no choice left but to bear price increases. If that’s the case what is the VBI meant to do? What policy could change that situation?
Grunking, but.... It would probably need to involve pitchforks. Either so everybody has an allotment and we reduce food miles (suspect some of the uplift in prices involves diesel for deliveries and farming), or we all go a bit Guy Fawkes in Westminster and Whitehall. There may be other options.... Obvs.
---
Basically yes, the lowest income people will always be disproportionately affected but I think the VBI is built on the idea that if you take an item eg pasta, Jack claims the essential range has risen by whatever but there's not been the same price increase on Barilla thus the poor are being targeted/double disadvantaged.

And that's the bit that fundamentally isn't true in many cases. All the ranges are rising and across ranges and supermarkets the rises seem broadly equal for similar products. There may be one or two outlier products that it's true for, but basically the headline really is "Everything is going up".
How would she even know if the expensive ranges are going up if she never buys them and hasn't asked/researched those who do?

• Haha
I'm still struggling with why you would mix the marmite and butter and leave it put all day in a boiling hot house. It'd be rancid... Ahhhh, of course. Silly me.

Racking through the back of my brain for the toddler times, she didn't. It was creamed together (and was still cold, just cold with the ability to spread it), put on bread and then taken with the other foods to a park picnic party in the TV show.

• Sick

L3moning

VIP Member
I have been known to manage 6000 steps in a day just from wandering round my flat, because I have a tendency to not sit still.

• Heart

TheMiceInTheShed

VIP Member
It’s strange that she has such a massive chip on her shoulder about that school and her substandard qualifications that didn’t live up to her “early promise” AND the evil teachers who oppressed her yet she supports grammar schools because she errr…went to one?

24 year old Brigadier General Sir Insufferable Pompous-OldPrick (retired) reporting to “THE NEWSPAPER” for duty, sir!
PSJack wants everyone to know that she knows MATHS. Specifically, measures of central tendency.
View attachment 2437207

And that despite her median mean average standard of grammar school education, she still can’t fucking punctuate.
View attachment 2437212Or make any sort of coherent argument whatsoever. Stupid Nobber.
Has she/he/it/tw@tself got ANY IDEA about statistics?

(Rhetorical question - I think we all know the answer)
---
As I sit pondering on guset's current situation while nursing a Solero 🍉 I'm frankly amazed she's managed to resist treating her followers to a tits-out heatwave selfie. It used to be something of an annual tradition. She really must be in hiding if she won't even give the DDs a social media airing.
A Solero you say?

What flavour?

• Haha
Reactions: 11

griftalo

VIP Member
Case closed number 2.
View attachment 2439692View attachment 2439693The time last year exercise expert fuckwit here told everyone an indoor rowing machine “can be as high or low impact as you want”. High impact rowing machine exercise presumably being when you stand on the seat and do jumping jacks and burpees on it?

She’s thick, arrogant and too fucking lazy to do a five second internet search to stop her looking like a total twat.
View attachment 2439706View attachment 2439707View attachment 2439710
Twitter ss @Silver Linings
Good work! What an idiot!

Anyone also think she’s referring maybe to a peloton? How are the povs meant to afford a peloton? I’m guessing we can add £1000s for one of those to the spendy list!

YerDa

VIP Member
Your mum was a wise woman.
I worked in an Asda whilst at college and all of the above is spot on. Fwiw, the end of aisle is called a 'gondola' and never, ever buy anything on it.
I learned some stuff at my year and a bit at Asda, mostly it was shop at any other supermarket because Asda is just shit. Not good value and not good standard of products.
However, unlike Jack I didn't learn to fold towels in the non existent 'towel department ' and I never fingered cheap wet ham nor learned about curing meat on the deli.
I did have some good times, which Jack doesn't seem to have had. The fish counter got a delivery of crabs once and didn't realise they were live until they opened the box and the crabs made a bid for freedom.I can still hear the screams and the laughing. The Christmas party was amazing. The girls in the office were lovely and I loved sneaking off up to their office above the warehouse for a cheeky fag and a brew.
Jack never talks about memories like this. I'm guessing it was because no one liked her.
What is there to like?

ahkrin

Has anyone seen the "girl math" videos on TikTok - I feel like Jack math would be even more impressively convoluted.

Not a warning, but to all: best not to discuss who you have on ignore or have speculations about. It only makes others worried they’ve missed something. Report any concerns, thanks
Nodding along in agreement about the suspicious new users. Ive ignored and reported one (about to ignore/report another) for the same things (incessant misery-me postings). It just feels a bit unusual and I can’t put my finger on it.

anyway I’m leaving it here because it isn’t fair to speculate and detail the whole thread with speculations.
Yep. Two on ignore, and the Great Scrollarooni Manoeuvre applied for a few others. We are nice, not dim.

griftalo

VIP Member
Why did she need bus fare if she lived that far away from school? Is Southend council exempt from providing a means of getting there when a student lives further than a few miles (whether it's a school bus or a travel pass or a ticket)?
Generally the rule certainly used to be you got help if your NEAREST school was over 3miles away. So was it that far, different rules or what?! And where was the old landy? Did it go out of action in the mornings?
---
One would hope it is and not some euphemism or utterly awful rendition like the ****e s**** lasagne

• Haha

TheMiceInTheShed

VIP Member
LJC why would anyone buy a rower made of walnut wood. You can easily work up a good sweat on one of those machines, and it's a lot simpler to clean and sanitize metal than it is to clean and sanitize expensive wood. If she's ever actually used it, I bet it's as filthy as that horrible shag rug in the bungakitchen.
Almost as bad as her fingernails, then? :sick:

• Sick