Jack Monroe #541 First do no honk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just awoke from a dream about guset. She had her teeth on and I was trying to instruct her as to a recipe. I used the word “extrapolate”. I don’t know what the recipe was, hopefully no pumble.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I just awoke from a dream about guset. She had her teeth on and I was trying to instruct her as to a recipe. I used the word “extrapolate”. I don’t know what the recipe was, hopefully no pumble.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
[ATTACH type="full" alt="Screenshot_20230909-223440_Chrome.jpg" said:
2438048[/ATTACH]
Dr Dr Monroe. So utterly thick that she thinks a singular work by Peter Paul Rubens is known as a Ruben. See also: a singular tweet by OJ (not a murderer) is a Jone, a much loved Victorian work of fiction is a Dicken and a solitary Oh Yeah (with deer) by a much loved Welsh singer is a Tom Jone.
---
"instead of having £500, which is 6 months worth of food shopping for me and whoever lives with me this week in savings in account I never use, perhaps with a passbook to make it more complex to access to prevent me wasting it, I've bought a bag that I've ruined".

Did anyone order a slow hand clap? Hello? One smol, slow hand clap?
57 and a half weeks’ worth of food shopping, tenderstem. Over a year’s worth of food. But with the whisky stains, biro doodling and broken strap, it’s going to be worth much, much more than she paid for it. Investment, you see.
8244730F-FE70-4504-BED2-F9AFD8F5998C.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Plus I remember Nigella doing marmite butter on her TV show aaaaages ago.
Yeah, it’s being mentioned as a Nigella thing waaaay back in 2012, a mere 8 years before the smol one attempted to pass it off as a ‘Maverick pixie recipe’. twit.

IMG_0732.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
A large jar of decanted butterscotch Angel Delight. Nope, I have no bleeping clue why, either 🤷‍♂️
It really makes no sense whatsoever. My mum brought some back from her holidays, and it's staying in it's nice, bug free, hygienically sealed, moisture resistant packaging until we want some. Opening the packets and putting them in a jar would just instantly ruin it where we live. I only put things in containers or whatever once it's been opened, like rice or pasta.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
It really makes no sense whatsoever. My mum brought some back from her holidays, and it's staying in it's nice, bug free, hygienically sealed, moisture resistant packaging until we want some. Opening the packets and putting them in a jar would just instantly ruin it where we live. I only put things in containers or whatever once it's been opened, like rice or pasta.
Thinking about how cluttered and dusty the bungamansion must be makes me itch.

• Sick
Reactions: 21
Imagine Jack strutting around Mindl Beach or Nightcliff with her longboard and man-clothes? Hehe.

Isn't Angel Delight like one serving in a packet? I don't get why you'd put it in a jar in the first place. I'm not a busy and important literal food expert so what would I know.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I'm still waiting for lab grown meat to take off so we can try all kinds of mad tit that wouldn't otherwise be ethical. Panda burgers, anyone?
Won't be long now at the rate they are closing down farmers in Europe. Spoke to a good friend the other week and all his goats and all the others of surrounding farmers have been butchered because there is absolutely no money in it and the EU don't want small farmers any longer, so have made it impossible for them. As for what is going on in the Netherlands, it's an absolute scandal. All for their big fatcat corporate pals with their insects and fake meat. Our kids will be lucky to get real meat soon. No wonder kids are starting puberty at 4 with all the crap in food nowadays.

There is something to campaign about, Jack.
---
Just like Father Ralph DeBricassart being confronted by Meggie (wearing a dress the same color as a plate of pink jamborees)
View attachment 2437909View attachment 2437919
#I’mOLDER
The thorn birds, bloody hell. The book was better though, unlike Jack's.
---
In her original blatherings, there's some tit about it being spicy. I suspect that means 'there was a bit of salt in it'.

She'd have conniptions about the standard level of heat in foods round here. Every time a new takeaway opens up, they last about ten minutes of asking why is everybody complaining their food is bland before shrugging, saying 'duck it' in their home language and upending all of the chillis into things.

ETA: to give you an idea, the Co-op round the corner sells 4 types of fresh chilli, an entire rack of chilli and hot sauces, hot mango chutney, chilli ketchup, chilli mayonnaise and when they had a special delivery of 1l bottles of chilli oil, they sold out within an hour.

And that's with three independents with their own walls of chilli, pickled garlic, lumps of ginger the size of your arm and more spicy stuff within 20 yards and then entire supermarkets floor to ceiling with spices another quarter of a mile away.
Got a spare room to rent?!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I think it’s the boasting about wrecking something so massively expensive while claiming poverty is so frustrating to me 😭
---

I missed a lot of interesting abominations it seems, I was in today but just wombling around in distress as unable to find ready-salted Hula Hoops (there was a scandal with a policeman putting glass in them in the 80s when I was a kiddo, and I’m just feeling ready to recommit to them again 😂

(At this distance the glass just adds a bit of a thrilling frisson to the whole experience.)
I had a bag of out of date Maltesers once. They were absolutely vile. Never managed to return to them. I blame guset. She would have ploughed ahead with them even though they were off, and used them to make an authentic chili con no carne, made with rinsed hoops and a smidgen of smoked parsley picked from a roundabout she couldn't go round for heat.
---
That’s a really good point. Mine did, but in fairness it did come from the side of a beach somewhere near Malaga so the quality may have been compromised
Did it come with a very cheap pirate CD and an authentic tribal mask from sub-Saharan Africa China, perchance?
---
It’s so cringey isn’t it. I did wonder if she was trying to quote Fill My Little World by The Feeling (not Courtney Love’s band) but I googled and it came out nine years before this interview so it wasn’t exactly a contemporary reference.

Which I guess is kind of on brand for her 🙄
9? Was it a cover version?!!
---
Either that or

lying naked on the sofa dipping cheese slices in melted butter :sick:

View attachment 2438047View attachment 2438048

SS originally by @Nottonightbabe and @People-huv-tae-know

Just realised that this was the first time she compared herself to a Ruben painting AND she yet again called herself butch. Not an original thought in her head. She's such an attention-seeking tedious twit.
When did she acquire bollocks? Must have missed that, what thread was it in?!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
She actually has, at least once. When Ma and Pa redid their vows. View attachment 2437278
Reposting: So in her own words- she sulked and acted like a spoiled twit all the way through her parents’ vow renewal (and no doubt had multiple histrionics in the lead up to it)View attachment 2437279
and sulked and acted like a spoiled twit and no doubt had histrionics multiple times in the run up to her brother’s wedding.

Oh, and then behaved like a petulant, smug insufferable bleep during and after her brother’s wedding about how she was “right all along”.

It’s ok though because as always, these special occasions are ALL ABOUT HER.
I stand corrected re: Bridesmaiding - but bye the bye, Jack - gritting your teeth when you have more than the average mean median crocodile isn't a good look. Just sayin'.

Strange how "nobody noticed or cared"* at her brother's wedding, but at other weddings she can't go alone** because she would "take attention away from the bride"?

*Nobody noticed, eh? Despite you making every attempt to draw attention by wearing your asshole suit. My word - that must have BURNED! 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 😂 (Course, you're used to that, being a firefighter an' all . . . aren't you Jack?)

**I'd put money on her being alone at her brother's wedding, too - even if she'd dragged some random Burgerboi or Butch Lezza along with her, the odds are that they'd have got fed up with her histrionics and joined some interesting people for a conversation.
---
Why didn’t she wear a wig?
Or one of her many butcher-boy caps that's she's managed to afford by only eating half an ounce of smart price spaghetti a day for 20 years?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Imagine Jack strutting around Mindl Beach or Nightcliff with her longboard and man-clothes? Hehe.

Isn't Angel Delight like one serving in a packet? I don't get why you'd put it in a jar in the first place. I'm not a busy and important literal food expert so what would I know.
Oh gods, we've enough weirdos up here without adding Jack to the mix. Fortunately, she'd be too terrified to go anywhere outside her hotel, thanks to the locals, who can be rather too much sometimes. Thinking of the Missionaries being chased around the bus depot being called balanda cunts, and imagining her reaction 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 20
BIRD’S TRIFLE
View attachment 2437452Or SPITE trifle in the MonroeverseView attachment 2437448View attachment 2437449View attachment 2437450but I still make rank trifles and in dirty old light fittings that look like the dregs of ashtrays soaked in Guinness and beer runoff from the drip trays on the bar of a 1970s workingman’s club.View attachment 2437451 “The family trifle” 🤮 why does she make everything sound so utterly bleeping rank.
View attachment 2437455View attachment 2437456
Oh! and
Butterscotch Angel Delight
Instant mash
And
Pale green breadcrumbs
View attachment 2437462
Double
View attachment 2437467
I wish I was talented enough to change the "Y" in Peppa's expletive into an "F".

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.