Jack Monroe #541 First do no honk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm one who'd never seen it. OMG. View attachment 2436708

Yeah. You tell us just how well your plan to have your šŸ¤¢šŸ¤®"Ridiculous ThingsšŸ¤®šŸ¤¢* hold their value is going. You toxic prune-addled simpleton.

*One, or, maybe, say, 27 things bought with each advance eh?
I thought exactly this too and I donā€™t know why but itā€™s really wound me up.

Jack: I invest in expensive items as a safety net
Also Jack: I completely trash (and render worthless) expensive items I invest in as a safety net

Sheā€™s really boiling my bleeping onions tonight and sheā€™s doing it from the past.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Found it. Dearer now, but still not hugely so, considering how much things have gone up in the years since I was last wielding a pricetag gun

View attachment 2437859

Just looked up the ASDA one. The only chilli is in the chutney, it's the last thing in the ingredients for that - unlike salt - and even combining all the salt in the entire tub, that means there's significantly less than 1.95g of chilli. Like 'we made the BSL sign for the word chilli from inside a clothes recycling bin at the far end of the car park at it' levels of 'spicy heat'.
Did you mean curry powder? Itā€™s not usually a dish with heat so much as spices for flavour.

I do love the description of the signing in the car park šŸ¤£ Iā€™ve joked before to my partner that food has only been told garlic exists.
---
Just like Father Ralph DeBricassart being confronted by Meggie (wearing a dress the same color as a plate of pink jamborees)
View attachment 2437909View attachment 2437919
#Iā€™mOLDER
Erm who stole the strips of jam down the middle?? Own up now!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
'I rebelled as a teenager, but in a quiet bookish way'. Didn't she say on another more recent occasion she kept bunking off school to smoke in the park with boyz?
And surely in this essay about school, where she blames her quiet rebelling as the reason she got 4 and a half gcses, it would be the perfect opportunity to raise the topic of the evil trio of teachers including Borbora who kept putting her down :unsure:
Sounds like she was just a lazy unremarkable student. But of course this has since been changed to rebellious Jack endlessly singled out and bullied by teachers as she was so special and unusual.
She did her rebelling softly, gently, behind the scenes

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Did you mean curry powder? Itā€™s not usually a dish with heat so much as spices for flavour.

I do love the description of the signing in the car park šŸ¤£ Iā€™ve joked before to my partner that food has only been told garlic exists.
---

Erm who stole the strips of jam down the middle?? Own up now!

In her original blatherings, there's some tit about it being spicy. I suspect that means 'there was a bit of salt in it'.

She'd have conniptions about the standard level of heat in foods round here. Every time a new takeaway opens up, they last about ten minutes of asking why is everybody complaining their food is bland before shrugging, saying 'duck it' in their home language and upending all of the chillis into things.

ETA: to give you an idea, the Co-op round the corner sells 4 types of fresh chilli, an entire rack of chilli and hot sauces, hot mango chutney, chilli ketchup, chilli mayonnaise and when they had a special delivery of 1l bottles of chilli oil, they sold out within an hour.

And that's with three independents with their own walls of chilli, pickled garlic, lumps of ginger the size of your arm and more spicy stuff within 20 yards and then entire supermarkets floor to ceiling with spices another quarter of a mile away.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
View attachment 2436574

Poor Jack. The dating profile ā€œher friendsā€ wrote to find her some rich cock a new ā€œMr Jackā€ must not have been very successful. I canā€™t for the life of me think why
View attachment 2436577View attachment 2436578
Literally, whaddacunt.
View attachment 2436579Although to be fair to her for demonstrating some self awareness, because this does sound suitably bleeping horrendous
View attachment 2436580
Six wedding invitations <Sure, Jan>, taking my best friend whoā€™s a TALL LADY. View attachment 2436581View attachment 2436582
Five months later: Boo hoo I am OPPRESSED and UpStAgE BrIdEs!!! View attachment 2436583View attachment 2436584Fantasist attention seeking twit.
Sizing myself up against any other woman in a barā€¦

what? Is this normal? Do other people do this?? Where does that come from?

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
I thought exactly this too and I donā€™t know why but itā€™s really wound me up.

Also Jack: I completely trash (and render worthless) expensive items I invest in as a safety net

Sheā€™s really boiling my bleeping onions tonight and sheā€™s doing it from the past.
You see it on those posh pawn shop programmes all the time. The slightest hint of damage to the goods wipes hundreds of pounds off the value.
As Gene Wilder said in Blazing Saddles "....... you know, morons".

• Haha
Reactions: 20
So how povvo was she claiming to be at this point because one OU degree seemed expensive to me when I looked the other day, never mind two at once. Most ordinary people likely arenā€™t going to easily afford it.
I started an OU degree in 2004, as a single parent. At the time, and now as well I think, course fees were paid if you were on benefits. Jack was not on benefits at the time, so would have had to pay the course fees. The OU is cheaper than bricks and mortar unis, but still in the thousands per course.

The OU don't discriminate against people who have been failed by the system, so you don't need A-Levels or even GCSE's to take a degree with them, but if you've been out of education for a while, or if you need to touch up your studying skills, or if you've only got 4 and a half GCSEs, it is very much recommended that you start with the courses that are equivalent to access level. There's absolutely no way she would have been able to take 2 consecutive degrees without paying the course fees for both of them. Also, OU degrees work on a points system - you earn 30, 60, 90, or 120 points per course towards your degree. You can take a break and "save" your points if you need to, but after a few years they drop off, and you would have to start again.

Anyway - she's never mentioned it again, so we know she's chatting tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
BIRDā€™S TRIFLE
View attachment 2437452Or SPITE trifle in the MonroeverseView attachment 2437448View attachment 2437449View attachment 2437450but I still make rank trifles and in dirty old light fittings that look like the dregs of ashtrays soaked in Guinness and beer runoff from the drip trays on the bar of a 1970s workingmanā€™s club.View attachment 2437451 ā€œThe family trifleā€ šŸ¤® why does she make everything sound so utterly bleeping rank.
View attachment 2437455View attachment 2437456
Oh! and
Butterscotch Angel Delight
Instant mash
And
Pale green breadcrumbs
View attachment 2437462
Double
View attachment 2437467
My eyes šŸ«£

the sichuan peppercorn and mushroom trifle has ended me

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I started an OU degree in 2004, as a single parent. At the time, and now as well I think, course fees were paid if you were on benefits. Jack was not on benefits at the time, so would have had to pay the course fees. The OU is cheaper than bricks and mortar unis, but still in the thousands per course.

The OU don't discriminate against people who have been failed by the system, so you don't need A-Levels or even GCSE's to take a degree with them, but if you've been out of education for a while, or if you need to touch up your studying skills, or if you've only got 4 and a half GCSEs, it is very much recommended that you start with the courses that are equivalent to access level. There's absolutely no way she would have been able to take 2 consecutive degrees without paying the course fees for both of them. Also, OU degrees work on a points system - you earn 30, 60, 90, or 120 points per course towards your degree. You can take a break and "save" your points if you need to, but after a few years they drop off, and you would have to start again.

Anyway - she's never mentioned it again, so we know she's chatting tit.
Iā€™ll check but it didnā€™t seem to mention anyone getting it free now, you get a loan if I understood it correctly.

Reactions: 15
Apologies if already noted but she says ā€œgo fill your little worlds up with love and kindnessā€. How condescending! She really does think she is above everyone.
Itā€™s so cringey isnā€™t it. I did wonder if she was trying to quote Fill My Little World by The Feeling (not Courtney Loveā€™s band) but I googled and it came out nine years before this interview so it wasnā€™t exactly a contemporary reference.

Which I guess is kind of on brand for her šŸ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 25
@Valiofthedolls dear tenderleek, I feel I saw a renewal vow pic and she looked a bit like Ma Ev, but I might be having a fever dream. It was ā€œin the backgroundā€ of a picture once I think.
Meanwhile, Iā€™m heading to Dec 20 to find Jacksā€™ ā€œworking class foodā€ fever dream for all you jung frauen.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

I think itā€™s the boasting about wrecking something so massively expensive while claiming poverty is so frustrating to me šŸ˜­
---
In her original blatherings, there's some tit about it being spicy. I suspect that means 'there was a bit of salt in it'.

She'd have conniptions about the standard level of heat in foods round here. Every time a new takeaway opens up, they last about ten minutes of asking why is everybody complaining their food is bland before shrugging, saying 'duck it' in their home language and upending all of the chillis into things.

ETA: to give you an idea, the Co-op round the corner sells 4 types of fresh chilli, an entire rack of chilli and hot sauces, hot mango chutney, chilli ketchup, chilli mayonnaise and when they had a special delivery of 1l bottles of chilli oil, they sold out within an hour.

And that's with three independents with their own walls of chilli, pickled garlic, lumps of ginger the size of your arm and more spicy stuff within 20 yards and then entire supermarkets floor to ceiling with spices another quarter of a mile away.
I missed a lot of interesting abominations it seems, I was in today but just wombling around in distress as unable to find ready-salted Hula Hoops (there was a scandal with a policeman putting glass in them in the 80s when I was a kiddo, and Iā€™m just feeling ready to recommit to them again šŸ˜‚

(At this distance the glass just adds a bit of a thrilling frisson to the whole experience.)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

Mulberry straps do not ware out to the point of near snapping!!!!!

Reactions: 21
She must have been confused about crocodile skin handbags and kept a live one in it- those teeth are pretty abrasive when theyā€™re riled up.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
So, if you werenā€™t around in Classic Jack times, this is a great thread to grunk. TurnedUpInTpip makes the godawful lard gravy just a page or two earlier, Jack has a temperature of 107f allegedly, and is having a pyrexia-fuelled tweetathon about foods she wants to eat. Who remembers Raleigh Choppers? Jumpers for goalposts.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Thatā€™s a really good point. Mine did, but in fairness it did come from the side of a beach somewhere near Malaga so the quality may have been compromised

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Frauen might be cautiously intrigued by DIY Jamboree Abomination ice cream (not by guest, itā€™s a retro biscuit ice-cream project by some dude who probably now spends most of his time at Endocrinology attending interminable diabetes clinics.)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
It's so hot Jack will be down to her sorts bra rubbing frozen spinach over her face
Either that or

lying naked on the sofa dipping cheese slices in melted butter :sick:

Screenshot_20230909-223511_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230909-223440_Chrome.jpg

SS originally by @Nottonightbabe and @People-huv-tae-know

Just realised that this was the first time she compared herself to a Ruben painting AND she yet again called herself butch. Not an original thought in her head. She's such an attention-seeking tedious twit.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.