Jack Monroe #54 Thank you so Matt much, Matt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jesus christ, that essay is absolutely ludicrous. She has no self awareness at all, and how/why are people still lapping up her recycled tales of her "poverty"?! What does rehashing her own tales of woe bring to the table today?

Did she sleep at all last night? Why aren't her followers/blue tickers concerned about someone who is clearly not quite stable tweeting relentlessly like this?! I keep thinking, if it was my friend or family member, I'd be taking them to the side and checking on them, not fawning.

So many questions, so much confusion, and I've not had my coffee yet. I'm putting a bet on now, we'll see her sometime around lunchtime, when she's had a few hours sleep and needs to see how much attention she's getting. Pitiful.

Reactions: 19
She didnt get the grades for A Levels so she was 'thrust' into a minimum wage job. I left with 2 GCSEs (stopped going to school due to bullying/depression) and went to work, and absolutely loved it. I worked my way up and got on with my life

Reactions: 42
Oh my god she also had a cameo in my dream!! Highly disturbing! She was teaching at the school I work at (think it was all that, I'M ON THE GCSE SYLLABUS DON'T YOU KNOW, as IF any self respecting English teacher would choose to teach whichever section her work appears in ) Anyway, luckily it morphed into some other randomness and she only made the briefest of appearances.

Reactions: 9
That particular phrase stood straight out to me too, she knows exactly what she's referring to there and it's gross and bloody unnecessary. Fucking thoughtless woman.

Reactions: 21
Im the same age as Jack. I dont remember anything about 'half' GCSEs!?
I'm the same age as you and Jack and have a half GCSE in IT and, I think, history (they were called short courses, they only differed in that they covered half the syllabus of a full GCSE).

I don't bother to distinguish between them because... I'm an adult with a job and I don't imagine employers care about the exact content of my GCSEs. I also don't think it's cute to say I have 9.5, with the vague implication that I failed half of one rather than the less thrilling reality that it was compressed content!

Reactions: 24
Genius, just superb.

Reactions: 13
I'm going to be snarky now, but do you think her missing half GCSE is why she cannot get it into her head that THANK YOU is two words?!

I'm joking, obv. But I do think that her overly flowery prose is used because she thinks that people will be so amazed at this poor little, no A level having, "untrained" writer, using a wider vocab than they'd expect. (Even if it isn't always right.)

Reactions: 25
Id never heard of half GCSEs! My school didnt do them, we only had double awards as an extra.

Its weird to be hung up on GCSEs as an adult in their 30s. Like you say, employers wont care!

Reactions: 23
As a side not, but not OT...check out the Gourmet Gays Twitter. They hate Jack. She tried to cosy up to them a while back but they saw through her bullshit and called her out on it. She had a tantrum and blocked them. Then she unblocked them and started sniping back they called out her bullshit again then she blocked them again.
Rinse (beans) and repeat....
Anyway, there is a funny tweet just gone out. I can't post as my phone is rubbish. Basically it is saying 'by what standard would you consider someone to be living in poverty?'

Made me giggle a bit as it is almost certainly a response to Madam's tantrum last night

Reactions: 27
Re this comment she makes in the article: “Poverty has been proven to change the very makeup of a persons brain”. As far as I’m aware, this argument relates to the effects of chronic poverty on brain development i.e. children, rather than adults. It’s an important distinction, not that she even considers relating it to her child. It’s still only about her.

Reactions: 41
Whoever said that she has been living the high life for longer than she was poor, therefore should now write about being a sugar baby was SPOT ON (Sorry, I forgot who it was)! Her short time on benefits/being a food bank user has no relevance in 2020. She's never even experienced universal credit, it was THAT long ago.

I was a single parent while at uni (I still am and have actually seen the absolute bollocks that is UC). I had a few times ten years ago when I had to ask my family for money for food and bills due to late loan payments (and to be honest, crap money management skills of a 21 year old).

BUT.... it was sooooooo long ago! I couldn't tell you any details! I couldn't tell you how much a tub of ice cream was. All I know is that a long time ago in my life I had a few short periods of having no money. As do most people. Her constant embellishment of situations just makes it so obvious it's all a story in her head, constantly rehearsed until she has every detail set in stone (e.g. the pink hat!). Unless it's her maverick brain, of course.

Reactions: 37
Also if I was her friend I would be changing her passwords and making her recovery password email my own to you know( help her with her work) keep the f off twitter until she sorts her head.

Reactions: 6
Well. Honestly. How is she looking after her child if she has to sleep today?

That glossary is brilliant.

Reactions: 11
What's all this about "years of helping families" that she claims, is there any evidence of this? Did she ever give cooking lessons in schools or community centres in areas of food poverty? I remember Jamie got flak for his school dinners and Ministry of Food campaigns and some people thought he could be a bit tone deaf and heavy handed at times, but he was genuinely trying to get people to eat more healthily on a budget. He loves and cares about food. All Jack seems to produce is self absorbed written rants and awkward inept TV appearances, her food knowledge and cooking skills are poor and she hasn't a clue how to live on a budget. Cringing at the latest nonsense.

I simply CBA to read it, its going to be the usual self indulgent virtue signalling, verbal slop. Grammar school teaches a wide vocabulary but if you want people to take note Jackie, keep it clear, concise and objective.

Reactions: 20
Well. Honestly. How is she looking after her child if she has to sleep today?

That glossary is brilliant.
Ive said so many times and I stand by it - I think SB is with his Dad more than her. She has shown she is manic and unstable, not a chance can she be the primary carer. (Just my opinion and speculation jackie)

Reactions: 28
Never has a truer paragraph been written.

Reactions: 8
Id never heard of half GCSEs! My school didnt do them, we only had double awards as an extra.

Its weird to be hung up on GCSEs as an adult in their 30s. Like you say, employers wont care!
I did half GCSEs in ICT and Welsh in the late 00s. But absolutely, school isn't for everyone but you can still carve your own niche if you get your head down and work from 16 onwards. Not to sound bootstrapy, I know it's not easy at all to work your way up without qualifications but it's frustrating that she's almost putting that a key part of her sob story, when despite her 4.5 GCSEs she was on 27K at 22 in the fire service - a brilliant accomplishment! It clearly didn't stop her getting that job...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.