Jack Monroe #54 Thank you so Matt much, Matt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No, no, no, no, no

I love Paul Heaton I almost feel the need to DM him the truth!

I read the utter self indulgent embellished exaggerated shite. Heard it all before, will hear it all again. Always about R Jackie, eh? The more she writes, surely the more people realise she’s a one trick pony?

Her son’s trousers just looked like my son’s at that age. They grow, but the trousers still fit so you put them on? So much unnecessary flowery language to cover up the truth that she had self inflicted poverty for 6 moths. Other people have it for life, Jack!

Last edited:
Reactions: 27
This is the best thing I’ve ever read.

Reactions: 20
I’ve got to catch up this morning. Cannot being myself to read that blog. It’s one thing after another with her. She thrives on attention. It’s all attention seeking behaviour. You know when you’re on the phone & it’s an important call, and that’s when your little kids play up. That’s what she’s like.
Right I’m off to Grunka the thread.

Reactions: 22
You make some bloody good points here. And you’re quite right about Jack - she shows no interest in nutrition, and likely knows nothing about it (based on her general level of food knowledge).

Reactions: 21
I thought her next book was going to be written for her by black writers? (But with Jack’s name on the front of course) She’s forgotten that bandwagon already.
Maybe she's doing two at once, if she basically getting other people to do the work then all she needs to do his proof read and a forward surely?? Maybe I am wrong?? I think her and the Rees moggs family would make a lovely trio. They seem to only adore themselves. They can all sit together and tell eachother how much they think of themselves, storm parliament and pretended to fall asleep during serious discussions because they are so hilarious.

Reactions: 17
Jack Monroe #55 The Price of Potatoes. Disclaimer: This is a work of fiction. Any similarity to actual events or persons is purely coincidental.

Reactions: 36
Exactly. It will be unbelievably depressing.
Books, especially memoirs/biographies are supposed to be uplifting.
The whole point of a rags to riches story is that is inspirational. Jack's story is, well a rags to rags story.
According to her own narrative she had a shit childhood, got pregnant, got unemployed, starved, lived in squalor, was a sex worker, sexually assaulted, self harmed, single mum, urchin child, wrote a book, still poor, got bullied, shitty bungalow, fiance LEFT, still poor, cat died.

Oh yes, people will be queuing round the block to read that book....

Attempting to read her blog post but can’t promise I’ll make it to the end. Funny that in the subject of schooling she didn’t fancy dropping in her own grammar school education which she fucked up. View attachment 196463
The stuff about housing benefit is bullshit. At that time she would have been entitled to Income Support and would not have had to have signed on as available for work, so in turn she would have also been entitled to housing benefit. I know this because I was a welfare rights adviser at the time and knew the system backwards. It's possible, even likely, her housing benefit was suspended due to incomplete info/misunderstanding/admin fuck up etc but that could have been rectified and backdating paid. There was no benefit rule at that time that would class someone as intentionally unemployed for having a small child and as far as I am aware there still isn't.

I cannot tell you how many people I've encountered who have not claimed something they should have because they "heard" from someone that they wouldn't be entitled. Spreading made up bollocks about benefits is dangerous and causes real harm to people who can ill afford to miss out on a single penny.

I would have thought someone as committed to fighting poverty would have had an understanding of how important getting the right information to poor people about benefits is and perhaps even used their platform to highlight sources of advice, support and information CABx/Turn2Us/Local agencies and law centres etc.

I'm actually raging about this. She's total poison.

Reactions: 68
I'm still hooting that oor wee lassie used the word 'compassion' in her essay, never mind the utter bunkum it contains.

Reactions: 18
That article has proper fucked me off. She is a fucking liar and a fantasist.

I was hoping someone with proper knowledge would highlight this. Shes so full of shit.

And the pity party because she wasnt accepted to rent that flat. That shit is still going on now, but worse with rising rents and frozen LHAs that dont even cover the rent. We have to stay in our tiny shitty run down house because we wont be accepted with HB anywhere else. Omg she rages me.

Reactions: 38
Oh, forgot to say thank you (not thankyou) to @Elliebob82 for the book recommendation, I've just added Once, in a House on Fire by Andrea Ashworth on my Kindle wishlist x

Reactions: 7
No way, you’re the queeeeen of recaps - I relied on them heavily to write this! And it took me all evening - my boyfriend kept asking what I was doing and I was all *foot nonchalantly up on chair* ‘just churning out another bestseller.’

Reactions: 35
If she does write her memoir, I don't see how her career will survive. Too many holes in the narrative when laid out on paper. How can she have simultaneously had a childhood where she didn't learn anything about food AND a warm Greek upbringing full of endless hospitality and freshly picked lemons? How was she a starving single mother whose son had a very supportive father? Will we get a timeline of her jobs?

Reactions: 43
I am easily confused at the best of times, but all the conflicting stories she comes up with, the smoke and mirrors are enough to bamboozle the best of us until we get the lightbulb moment. The moment something doesn't tie in with what she;s previously said. She rewrites her story for each new audience, for the latest bandwagon that rolls up. She's good at it, a master deflector who dog whistles her followers when she needs 'to bring in the heavies' to protect her from any innocent soul that disagrees with her, and she cares not a jot how her actions affect others., I hope shes got lists of what version shes told on each occasion or it will blow up in her sad little face one day I think.

It honestly was amazing and hilarious. You MUST be a writer in real life. Far better than Jack, who has, literally, written books. I read it again this morning.
Haha, ok (just let me know if you want to do a recap - and anyone else for that matter )

Reactions: 17
Now she only wears Russell and Bromley shoes because apparently they’re the only brand that fit.

I honestly can not get over the plan to Crowdfund a house. Beggars belief.
Her pathological victimising of herself honestly knows no bounds that she can even make something as innocent as her *preference* in shoe manufacturer a drama? If this was true that'd mean that loads of people would find R&B shoes unwearable, because they'd only cater for 'non-standard' feet shapes/sizes? She doesn't think these lies all the way through does she.

They're incredibly comfortable & well made shoes (their loafers are better quality than Gucci's tbh) but at £200 a pop are a disservice to poverty queen x cOmMoN aS mUcK urchin personal branding. Let's hope she doesn't wear them with those jeans or H&M athleisure wear.

Lmaooo Trevor. I think it smells a bit of internalised misogyny tbh and her eternal campaign to be the ultimate edge lord. My name has 3 potential abbreviations 2 female / 1 male and I've always used the male one despite being totally feminine presenting / gender conforming. I'll have to get a piece commissioned by the guardian on it x

Im the same age as Jack. I dont remember anything about 'half' GCSEs!?
Think I’m a year or two older than Jack and we did a half GCSE in RE....but, alongside all the other bullshit in that article, I really don’t get why she is at pains to explain little nuances like the half GCSE - does anyone actually care?

Also the ads on Tattle this morning have made me chuckle - wonder whether R Jackie will see them when she catches up here?

Reactions: 20
This is what I mean, she doesn't actually give out anything useful, just cheap recipie ideas, why doesnt she link the benefit that people are entitled to on her Twitter, research eligibility so that her followers can see for themselves what they are/ aren't entitied too. There is money out there and no one is just going to give it to you, you need to ask for it and ask again.

Also in regards to her GCSEs and a levels, I didn't get what I wanted and had to go the longway round in order to get my degree, but guess what I did it.

The more I read on her the more I see that she doesn't seem to want to have to put any effort in. She just wants to do a bit but reep in big rewards ( show me someone who doesn't. Lol) guess what life doesn't work like that, you take out what you put in. I think she be better doing a basic nutrition course to help her understand the basics of nutrition, I thought all cooks and chefs at least needed to know the basics.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.