Jack Monroe #54 Thank you so Matt much, Matt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On a different subject, I was in Sainsburys and say that Leon's had their own range of sauces. I did some sniggering at the thought of a JM line of ready meals.

Courgette smoothie with fat cloves of garlic
Fishpaste pasta with soggy lettuce pesto
Grated corned beef surprise
Mashed oven chips with rinsed bean and tinned peach sauce

And plenty of black pepper.
They would be £4 a portion and branded to duck...

• Haha
Reactions: 10
So here it is. I honestly don’t know where to start.
It’s incredibly long, very self-indulgent, and basically she’s recycling her poverty story yet again. I’m not sure what it is trying to say about the wider issue of poverty.
I also think she might delete it.

It’s incredibly long, very self-indulgent, and basically she’s recycling her poverty story yet again. I’m not sure what it is trying to say about the wider issue of poverty.
I also think she might delete it.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
So here it is. I honestly don’t know where to start.
I wanted to give the article a chance I read a long way though it, I checked, it was still much, much longer, pure self indulgent, boring repetition of facts long no longer relevant. I will keep my sympathies for others trapped in poverty or desperately trying to claw their way out.
peoplefake.png

Reactions: 32
That article comes across as angry, bitter, envious. Then sb in too small trousers and freezing cold☹
FA252F61-1635-4762-9119-73EC298EA881.jpeg
5458A607-7D5F-48F9-96D4-CDB577C44A33.jpeg
4153AF4E-9FF7-44FD-9952-9D33DF4FEC01.jpeg

The Jackolites turned on this person who corrected Jack. Really pathetic.
95576FC4-8A40-4F9E-86E9-37E849A7BCCA.jpeg
5735AA4C-23D3-4AFB-A42E-543E178BB5CC.jpeg
F6429D8B-5EBD-4976-ADCD-94C304D47C67.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
I wanted to give the article a chance I read a long way though it, I checked, it was still much, much longer, pure self indulgent, boring repetition of facts long no longer relevant. I will keep my sympathies for others trapped in poverty or desperately trying to claw their way out.
View attachment 196293
Babe, same. Read some and couldn't be bothered with the rest. Long, self indulgent love letter to herself. Same old trope rolled out again and again. Regret even giving her the click.
And sorry but not buying the photo of her child sitting with the red cheeks and the shirt/jumper getup, this is a standard pic of a child coming in out of the cold in the UK. Sorry but putting the too-small trousers on him just makes her a crappy and uninterested parent. Don't believe his dad and grandparents would never have had him go cold like that, and hungry. And if he was and she didn't tell them, still a crappy parent, soz Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Christ she's still up replying to tweets. I've got a good dose of insomnia tonight too.
18EAA1B5-617F-4E00-9D99-57A1D11DE276.jpeg
E6D026F0-6BAE-4404-88AC-0AAFF9524D7B.jpeg

This is reply to her singing in the Ivy
4FCF4FB4-20F2-4EC8-9E72-FAB3152F3C87.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
It’s terrible. A complete wallow. Even by her own standards.
And I think she will be deleting bits of it once her people get to read it. They won’t like what she says about the publisher dispute, for a start.
I wonder as well whether she knows that Annunziata’s (late) father was given a life peerage and so his baronetcy wasn’t hereditary (her emphasis on “you’re the daughter of a literal Baron and I’m the daughter of a fireman” made me wonder).

Reactions: 23
Another response to the Ivy story.
32EB935C-6246-4107-BBB3-51E436AF4642.jpeg
16244697-88C8-40E7-AD10-8D180EDDE7E8.jpeg

Shut the duck up Jack its 2.45am
51E7DC0F-4200-4C33-8286-10BD117F36B0.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
Screenshot_20200730-022145.png

Maybe I'm just tired and ovetly-sensitive but why the duck is Jack drawing comparisons between the couple of months that she was skint (because she arrogantly assumed that she could quit one well paid job and walk straight into another) and childhood sexual assault?

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
I love Paul Heaton (Beautiful South, The Housemartins) No hate on him, wish he could see through her. She's so effing smug!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Quick, some archive her latest self-love story before she deletes!

I just tried on the wayback machine and archive.is and it doesn’t work for me.

Ah never been mind, I’ve done it. The internet will never forget you waxing lyrical about your voluntary few months in poverty:

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Please can we add to the intro thread that her record for staying off Twitter since these threads started is 114 hours and 47 minutes.

I think I’ve calculated that correctly. Here’s the start and end of her hiatus.

Like in AA Jackie, your Twitter clock is back at zero days not tweeting.

Of course, if you can beat this record, we will update accordingly.
You threw down the gauntlet and she responded, wanting to break her record. Jackie loves a challenge. Shall we take bets?
Screenshot_20200730-041142_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Angry
I believe her tale about getting kicked out the Ivy for singing.

After all this is the girl who thinks she can sing Celine Dion perfectly. I bet she was caterwauling and showing off and thinking everyone loved it, then got the boot for making everyone’s ears bleed.

In her mind though, she got the boot for being too working class.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
morning guys. Well. What to say. She’s so bolshy! It’s half 4 in the morning, A R-M is still blissfully unaware of your existence, not resisting your childish challenge.
17556FD0-3B08-4F41-ACFD-ABE2476C1778.jpeg

I am honestly surprised by how bad it was. Her writing is way too flowery and dramatic anyway but this was a whole other level of rehashed indulgence, none of it relevant to the actual point A R-M flippantly made when she replied to a tweet, just like J has done over 100 times since yesterday afternoon!

ETA - more flippancy, about a Richard Osman photo of a studio ceiling. God, her arrogance. It’s quarter past 5! Fame is the goal, at all costs.
4AC13AF3-AFE3-4065-BC43-EBA6ADA5D03E.jpeg

4 deletions in a minute, grabbed these.
B24E6330-D38A-418C-9570-566C6B5F47EF.jpeg

(About James Wong and growing potatoes, I think she misunderstood what the previous reply was, twitter is ‘hellish’ again.)
D9051EFA-4BDB-4E1F-A2F3-26BBCA25BC87.jpeg

About McDonalds. I don’t get what she means but i’m knackered so it’s prob me! About spreading CV in Maccy Ds. 🤷🏻‍♀️ She’s deleting too fast for me.

Last edited:
  • Wow
So she’s been up all night on Twitter? I can’t bring myself to read her article.

She’s absolutely manic and an utter hole and conman.

Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.