Jack Monroe #54 Thank you so Matt much, Matt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She can write till she blue in the face about poverty, like so many people, but why doesn't she actually get out there and do something and by that I mean, do workshops and food kitchens, demonstrate her cooking ideas to the masses of hungry poverty stricken people( leave the tip jar at home) help that young fellow in his quest for free school meals ( by working behind the scenes as it is his gig) write your cook books to educate but actually get out there with the people, show them theirs life on the other side of poverty, do events/ tours. There's so much untapped stuff that she could be doing yet here she is sitting behind her screen tapping away her angst. Words are meaningless to the hungry. Help, education, and kindness through giving and working with them will mean so much more.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I’m wondering if this “angry” thing she says she’s writing will ever actually emerge. Maybe she’s hoping that regurgitating all the old stuff will be a distraction?

A Frau (apologies for not remembering who) suggested a JM glossary. I undertook this Herculean task this evening, quickly realising that it is far beyond the means of one lone Frau. I now understand how Dr Johnson felt writing the dictionary. This attempt only scrapes the surface....

View attachment 196216
Bloody superb! 😂👏🏻

Ugh I can't...but I so want to......but know this lovely Fraus you are all on the right track...very small snippets of the poverty story are true...she was once a kind and considerate being...she MASSIVELY lost herself along the way and became a horrible egotistical wanker who hasn't told the truth since forever but has invented a whole new narrative and ripped people off since circa 2017 I guess...if I am being objective....also her parents are actually quite nice people...her siblings are decent folk! She is a beggar and a liar and please keep exposing the truth because the narrative is so easily churned out and still has so many sucked in and she is not a voice for the poor...SB has always had a good dad...even when his new fiance fell pregnant way back when etc.......I felt sorry for her due to certain connections even though it never really rang true.. but you are all for the most part "on the money" and fighting the good fight in a better way than she ever has... you are Mary Berry and she is ....err..... trying to think of a UK terrible cook....er....oh she's Jack 😡
Very intriguing. Can we tease any more out of you? 😇

• Haha
Reactions: 20
She can write till she blue in the face about poverty, like so many people, but why doesn't she actually get out there and do something and by that I mean, do workshops and food kitchens, demonstrate her cooking ideas to the masses of hungry poverty stricken people( leave the tip jar at home) help that young fellow in his quest for free school meals ( by working behind the scenes as it is his gig) write your cook books to educate but actually get out there with the people, show them theirs life on the other side of poverty, do events/ tours. There's so much untapped stuff that she could be doing yet here she is sitting behind her screen tapping away her angst. Words are meaningless to the hungry. Help, education, and kindness through giving and working with them will mean so much more.
Gee, what MORE can she be expected to DO ? She’s BUSY.
BUSY
Doing what ?
Being BUSY
That’s what.
BUSY being BUSY.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I’m sure they’re watching. It’s clear they’ve picked up a few stories from tattle lately.
Oh they're (yes) absolutely watching. The press have people with eyes on all social media but here is a goldmine as a lot of content and evidence finding is done for them!

• Wow
Reactions: 28
Ugh I can't...but I so want to......but know this lovely Fraus you are all on the right track...very small snippets of the poverty story are true...she was once a kind and considerate being...she MASSIVELY lost herself along the way and became a horrible egotistical wanker who hasn't told the truth since forever but has invented a whole new narrative and ripped people off since circa 2017 I guess...if I am being objective....also her parents are actually quite nice people...her siblings are decent folk! She is a beggar and a liar and please keep exposing the truth because the narrative is so easily churned out and still has so many sucked in and she is not a voice for the poor...SB has always had a good dad...even when his new fiance fell pregnant way back when etc.......I felt sorry for her due to certain connections even though it never really rang true.. but you are all for the most part "on the money" and fighting the good fight in a better way than she ever has... you are Mary Berry and she is ....err..... trying to think of a UK terrible cook....er....oh she's Jack 😡
It’s....................Louisa’s account.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
A Frau (apologies for not remembering who) suggested a JM glossary. I undertook this Herculean task this evening, quickly realising that it is far beyond the means of one lone Frau. I now understand how Dr Johnson felt writing the dictionary. This attempt only scrapes the surface....

View attachment 196216
This is superb!
My particular favourite was The Groucho: a central London Foodbank 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Oh they're (yes) absolutely watching. The press have people with eyes on all social media but here is a goldmine as a lot of content and evidence finding is done for them!
I think they’re unlikely to do a full expose. I think it’s more likely they’ll do another thing like that strange sidebar article they did about the shed conversion, and then just “innocently” throw something in as an aside that she won’t like - because it doesn’t match her chosen narrative - but can’t sue them for (e.g. that she grew up in a big 5-bed house). So they’ll plant the seed.

Reactions: 21
I need to go to sleep, but I’m suckered in by this piping hot TEA! Which dear heart Frau called it toad coffee again?😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Finally GL’d my way to the present time. I have nothing useful to add really that hasn’t already been said already. Tonight’s Twitter diarrhoea has added nothing to the conversation on the National Food Strategy that she claims to have been part of. She only spoke of it to say, “Look what I did” then she’s rambled on for hours about herself, her very brief experience with poverty and started a Twitter pile-on as per usual. Any experiences of real poverty shared by others has been met with, “Oh I did that too but worse”. The gall to talk about poverty as if it is still her experience when she has spent thousands during lockdown on appliances, furniture, fannying about with her shed, plus her expensive trip to Scotland. She earned at least £10k to make 6 awful IG live videos where she made a bleeping sandwich, while most of the nation are furloughed and/or facing redundancy. Yet she talks about poverty like she still lives it. She was poor for 6 months/2 years depending on which story you believe. I honestly don’t know how someone can be so unaware that what they are saying doesn’t match up to how they actually live day to day? No-one with money worries can horse spunk £3k on a fridge.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I think they’re unlikely to do a full expose. I think it’s more likely they’ll do another thing like that strange sidebar article they did about the shed conversion, and then just “innocently” throw something in as an aside that she won’t like - because it doesn’t match her chosen narrative - but can’t sue them for (e.g. that she grew up in a big 5-bed house). So they’ll plant the seed.
Yes I agree, she's just not currently that significant to them for starters. But I'm sure some journalists wouldn't mind being playful with the odd comment here and there 😂

Reactions: 16

This is superb!
My particular favourite was The Groucho: a central London Foodbank 😂
aaww man I can’t open it on my phone that’s hilarious

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I have a confession, I do feel sorry for her. I feel bad that she's like the kid in school that isn't invited to the parties but goes anyway. She attends all these things but gets little to no recognition. If I wasnt on here, I wouldn't of known she left the house today.

I really think it's time she rethinks her stuff as surely doing all the work she claims to be doing should be reeling more benefits or else what's the point?!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I have a confession, I do feel sorry for her. I feel bad that she's like the kid in school that isn't invited to the parties but goes anyway. She attends all these things but gets little to no recognition. If I wasnt on here, I wouldn't of known she left the house today.

I really think it's time she rethinks her stuff as surely doing all the work she claims to be doing should be reeling more benefits or else what's the point?!
when I think like that I just remember she’s taking money from people under false pretences during a pandemic and tortured a cat

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Most people who have grown up poor or lived through long period of being truly skint would never buy the ridiculously expensive items she has. She's right, those memories never leave you. That's just another little nugget of info she has picked up over time to make herself sound credible. What's wrong with a medium-range fridge that is decent and does the job? What about one pair of Samsung earphones instead of two pairs of Airpods? People with poverty PTSD don't behave this way when they start earning "a living wage" 🤷

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Remember, just follow the sound of hooting.
You will know us by the trail of lungs.
@Bookweevil such wonderful work!

Dd9UOZ_U0AAsW-9.jpg

I wonder if this is a personal best of new fabrications (stitched together behind the scenes) in one evening?
Inexcusable aggression this evening. She is, as ever, a muggy little bleep.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
As a former civil servant I can tell you that govt run consultations on this type of thing all the time.

What they will usually do is "advertise" that the consultation is taking place so that anyone (literally, anyone) who is interested can contribute. If people are known for campaigning/activist work around the topic of the consultation they *may* be contacted and invited to give their views. Being well known or famous is not a qualifier here, you just have to be known of in your field.

I would bet my bottom dollar that is what happened here.
Yup, I work in local government as well as edit the community monthly newsletter. I regularly stick in links to government and council consultations that I know locals will be interested in. Mind you, my part of the country is a historically stroppy area. 😁

Reactions: 10
Bloody hell she’s latched onto H and his gov. strategy alright🙄, why does she think she has to be involved every single time when food and poverty is mentioned?

As for her Twitter rants tonight, she’s unbearable!

Reactions: 14
Please let someone commission that show. I would love to see Jack's attempt at surviving in those conditions she set out. She can't even make chicken and pasta without bleeping it up. Absolutely full of tit. I agree with @MooBelle, the posho would be much better at it than her. Her skin is as thin as her béchamel.
It's amazing how you can survive after years of boarding school food. There was one pudding that was simply known to all as "Stodge".

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.