Jack Monroe #524 Not the only or most important voice and presence in this critical area of our life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
‘A serious allegation, one I am minded to challenge’. Pompous prick. I’ve been watching Daily Kitchen live again, episodes 1&2 where her connection keeps failing are hilarious! The Gypsy Rose glasses magnify the blinking & she does a panicked ‘I can’t hear’. So stressful just to watch, no wonder LJC left around that time-Jack kept blaming her for the issues. So obvious that she really thought this would be her big break yet all it really did was show all her failings in all their glory. The food was tit, there was no charisma, she was rude & unprofessional & as usual tried to make everything about her.
DKL has tremendous re-watch value and I have no doubt that in 30 years time it'll be a cringe-camp classic for students to get stoned to (if students are still getting stoned and watching cringe-camp crap in 30 years. I hope they do.)

The thing that always stands out in my memory about DKL first week was how she threw LJC under the bus, blaming her for the crap wifi connection and basically making it seem like LJC, broadcasting professional, didn't know how wifi works.

She passed it off as an affectionate joke but it was actually so cruel and malicious. I'd be crushed if Mr Moldwarp put me on blast like that. (He wouldn't, because he's not a narc abuser but you know what i mean).

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I’ll never get over when her then-OH’s father got out the vacuum cleaner in the bungamansion. I would have cringed myself inside out in mortification and shame if anyone visiting my house felt they needed to clean.
I pity Harold’s family. Remember when she went away with them for Harold’s mother’s birthday and she bought a load of cookery books from a small charity book stall then couldn’t carry them all as they had a walk around the town so they carried them for her? Imagine being one of them stuck carrying a bag of books around for some annoying woman your son/brother has brought with him. IIRC she also insisted on cooking for them at the holiday home, poor buggers.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
I'm sure Awfully Molly started with the best intentions but the needless lies discredited her imo.

Enjoying the vintage chaoi. Personally I'd love some past AA brethren to turn up. That probably makes me a right hole cos it means they'd be breaking their very commendable confidentiality and had probably nose dived off the wagon but hey ho, the heart wants what it wants.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I bet everybody got the blame after DKL. Including this place. No self awareness.
I’m sure she said once that she didn’t watch people cooking on TV. I imagine her know it all attitude is why she didn’t do well in school/work.

Reactions: 29
Kind of like those "skeletons in jars" displays you get at natural history museums, only without the cool, Goth-y vibe.
Remember this one. The one with pictures of herself all over the walls so she could gaze admiringly at her own image while she stirred her latest abomination. Oh, and a single one of SB just down the side - with herself, of course.
B208F681-24A5-4B54-B762-92D8E394576E.jpeg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
Oh my god. PLEASE don't tell me there was ever even a hint of Good Friday Era Jack??

"Yeah the Good Friday talks were stalling, Blair and Mowlem knew they had to bring in a big hitter. All the history books say that that was the moment they called Clinton who helped closely with the negotiations...but actually it was ME. Behind the scenes. Bill Clinton stole my niche and now I'm throwing all my tin cans at the wall."
I think she was talking about the G8 summit at Lough Erne. She claimed she sneaked in, but was actually there on behalf of the 'Enough Food If' campaign...

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 19
Random bits of paper tacked up above gas burners, maybe that’s why she’s ‘seen a lot of fires’.
You’ve read my mind. Also, why has she attached a tin to the cupboard door handle near the cooker hood using those giant metal pegs market traders use to attach the tarp to their stalls? Baffling.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Has anyone ever mentally totted up how many times she says "I" in a single blog? I thought she was a campaigner but the only thing she's ever raised awareness of is her own skanky self.

She really tells on herself in that "Why I Don't Drive" fairytale where she basically says "why do I need to drive when I get everywhere on cadged lifts?" And that's jack all over. I don't need to do this piece of basic adulting because I can cajole someone else into doing it for me. She thinks she's Snow White with all of the woodland creatures so enchanted by her beauty and kindness that they've developed opposable thumbs up help her fold washing etc, rather than the tiresome, freeloading burden that she is.
I think based on everything she’s said about herself, her attention span and her addictions, not learning to drive/deciding not to be a driver is possibly the most sensible adult thing she’s ever done. If even half of what she’s claimed to get up to/zone out while doing is true, she would be an absolute bleeping menace on the roads. The roads would be a lot safer if more people accepted driving wasn’t for them and there was less stigma around doing so IMO.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
Oh my god. PLEASE don't tell me there was ever even a hint of Good Friday Era Jack??

"Yeah the Good Friday talks were stalling, Blair and Mowlem knew they had to bring in a big hitter. All the history books say that that was the moment they called Clinton who helped closely with the negotiations...but actually it was ME. Behind the scenes. Bill Clinton stole my niche and now I'm throwing all my tin cans at the wall."
First quote so it'll probably be arse about tit, but I completely agree and you can tell that Guest *is* middle class and is perceived as such precisely because she has been deemed acceptable by her peers. Anyone genuinely working class would not be held up as a hero and victim, simultaneously, in the way that she has been for years by the media types she knocks about with.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I'm sure Awfully Molly started with the best intentions but the needless lies discredited her imo.
Same here, and wasn’t the claim originally when she “came out” that she was posing as a colleague (the immigrant) with an implication that colleague had then been doxxed (though obviously they weren’t Molly) rather than just making up someone to mask her own identity and random names being sent to be her?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Question about her crafts. I am not a crafty person (worst guide leader ever 🔺) but how on earth would she have got the words onto what appears metal button cuff links? Surely you would need equipment for it. I wonder if she was just drop shipping.
She basically bought the individual elements and stuck them together herself, which she counts as “hand made” when it’s more liked hand assembled.

All sorts of places sell things like this, and little kits for those who either don’t have the time or the inclination to learn the skills to do it themselves, which I have no problem with. For someone like Jack though it feeds the delusion that she’s a creative person without having to put in any effort or imagination.

I’m an arty Frau 🍉 and used to be part of a team that organised exhibitions and fairs, etc, of beautifully hand crafted items by skilled people who were dedicated to their work. We would get countless submissions from people like Jack who were just sticking kits and components together (again, no problem with people doing this but it obviously wasn’t what we were looking for), and it was almost always those people that reacted the worst to being turned down.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I think she was talking about the G8 summit at Lough Erne. She claimed she sneaked in, but was actually there on behalf of the 'Enough Food If' campaign...
In the sneaked in link she refers to Cameron's keynote speech. He was Chairman and therefore laid out the theme(s) for discussion, which is precisely what a keynote is. And is NOT anything she has EVER, ever, ever done or been asked to do. Sitting on a panel or doing a Q&A /conversation =/= a keynote. bleeping aneurysm right there for me. Again!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Note that she is happy to appear in the Express (1933, "Judea declares war on Germany: Jews of all the world unite in action") and The Mirror (1934, "Give the Blackshirts a helping hand”) with no such concerns.
I’m wracking my brain trying to remember - was there not also a photo taken in her lounge, with some interior-decorating magazine newspaper supplement on her coffee table, and we figured out it was from the Sun? That’s for the 96, that is.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
In the sneaked in link she refers to Cameron's keynote speech. He was Chairman and therefore laid out the theme(s) for discussion, which is precisely what a keynote is. And is NOT anything she has EVER, ever, ever done or been asked to do. Sitting on a panel or doing a Q&A /conversation =/= a keynote. bleeping aneurysm right there for me. Again!
Not laughing at your distress, tenderhead, just laughing at how clueless Jack is. Keynote bugs me greatly as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
There's a strange pattern online where everyone who'll admit to being a landlord is putting up the most tragic and marginalised of tenants for well below the going market rates and providing them with all manner of 'free extras' but nobody online who has a landlord has ever managed to find one of these seemingly very common saints. Unsurprising that Grandad Monroe fits this perfectly: can you imagine if Jack Monroe - THE Jack Monroe! - was related to one of the bad landlords who make a profit from the Poors?
Exactly, HMO’s are virtually all below what would be deemed acceptable living standards. Landlords make huge profits from not maintaining properties knowing that the occupants are disenfranchised. Occupants know that frequent complaints will render them homeless. Jack’s narrative on this, is again, a total lie, Grandad was a slum landlord and this is backed up by the company who renovated the properties.

IMO HMO landlords are the lowest of the low and yup anyone else know a benevolent landlord with below market rent property and a keen interest in their tenants welfare? Because I don’t!

. When Jenny Eclair did that awful post about how she cannot ‘subsidise’ her tenants, it also showed her as a patronising …. Who then dug a huge hole in, faux leftie, explanations in a woe is me ‘I don’t have a pension!’ justification, despite having a successful career and access to good advice via agents etc for most of her life. Just yuck, absolutely yuck. Used to like her but not now.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I’m wracking my brain trying to remember - was there not also a photo taken in her lounge, with some interior-decorating magazine newspaper supplement on her coffee table, and we figured out it was from the Sun? That’s for the 96, that is.
This?

Screenshot_20230705-131726_Twitter_1.jpg

We found the exact article, thanks to Jack's screenshot, in The S*n.

Rereading Julia's post, I don't think this is what she's referring to. Sorry. Haha.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.