Jack Monroe #524 Not the only or most important voice and presence in this critical area of our life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
While Guest has been on my radar for at least a decade (I wish I was as good at clocking liars in my personal life) and I'm familiar with her recent gifting and fuckery, somehow these screenshots of her indignant comments and letters (that I've never seen before) really show her up for what she is more than anything else... a self-important, mean-spirited mouth on a stick with zero redeeming qualities.

It's crazy, because nobody has to be talented or famous or important to be likeable. Some people light up a room just by existing. She is the opposite.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
She was already a little pisspot on her blog way before the Guardian. Let’s not forget “the satirical comic twist that she writes with”
View attachment 2286255
She was constantly bickering in the comments too. Her readers ALL KEPT MISSING THE POINT SHE WAS MAKING IN THE ARTICLE!!!
You’re missing the point! View attachment 2286265View attachment 2286268And YOU and YOU are missing the point! View attachment 2286276View attachment 2286277View attachment 2286279YOU ARE AAAAAAALLLLLLL MISSING THE POINT!!!
View attachment 2286281
ETA For those of you who have never seen this, this is the BEST EVER (by miles!) Jack response to a reader letter that is a tad dickish, published in the local Southend paper YEARS after she’s become famous, after two books, Leggy, and just after she got the honorary doctorate. It’s so over the top it’s bleeping hilarious (AND it has photographic evidence of the arguments she’s making!). She even WARNS the Editor and the paper.
View attachment 2286286
Very spiky about being accused of fraud (her inference of the comment) in 2015, eh?

Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 12.09.34.png

Also that sent me to this, it's really all a performance to her.

In that talk, she claims to have been doing some of her great work in Northern Ireland, probably because she doesn't think her London-based audience will question it. Which they didn't, they just fell for it all hook line and sinker.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
She was already a little pisspot on her blog way before the Guardian. Let’s not forget “the satirical comic twist that she writes with”
View attachment 2286255
She was constantly bickering in the comments too. Her readers ALL KEPT MISSING THE POINT SHE WAS MAKING IN THE ARTICLE!!!
You’re missing the point! View attachment 2286265View attachment 2286268And YOU and YOU are missing the point! View attachment 2286276View attachment 2286277View attachment 2286279YOU ARE AAAAAAALLLLLLL MISSING THE POINT!!!
View attachment 2286281
ETA For those of you who have never seen this, this is the BEST EVER (by miles!) Jack response to a reader letter that is a tad dickish, published in the local Southend paper YEARS after she’s become famous, after two books, Leggy, and just after she got the honorary doctorate. It’s so over the top it’s bleeping hilarious (AND it has photographic evidence of the arguments she’s making!). She even WARNS the Editor and the paper.
View attachment 2286286
LOL her skin's thinner than tadpole spawn isn't it. Hey Jack,

1. If you need to add half a dozen spiky postscripts to every article you write, explaining why your reader hasn't understood the point of the article, then....maybe the problem was your article
2. Yeah, we don't have so many record shops these days. We also don't have many cartwheel or bow and arrow shops either. Stuff changes. It's not really a reflection of dEr eBiL cApITaliSm because there weren't actually that many bow and arrow shops to be found in the Soviet era either. It's more a reflection that human beings tend to advance and refine our technology. I mean, you don't, since you still seem to do lengthy 'stock takes' on bits of paper and you're still hawking the same grift you began in 2012. But I think that's a you problem (see point 1).

• Haha
Reactions: 45
From one single tweet we got both "my most recent FIL" and "crack on, pal". Great days haha.

View attachment 2286284
Also who says "my most recent FIL". It's like when she talked about her "long suffering OH" who she had been with for less than a year.

I mean I wouldn't call my boyfriend's dad my FIL now and we've been together for a couple of years! I just call him "boyfriend's dad"!

Everybody has to fit into her narrative of what her life looks like, and the unfortunate thing is that add-ons (i.e. in laws/oh siblings) become part of it too.

Lastly, I am apparently an "active member". That's good, only taken me like a year and a bit to get promoted haha.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Who the bloody hell is Herman and why does he get more mentions than food banks, NHS, schools, housing benefit or children? Much activism.
Herman was Harold's German brother and the original OH. Now drooling quietly in a long term sanitarium just outside Dordrecht (I made this up)

• Haha
Reactions: 42
She exists in three states:
  • I have overcome poverty, living my best life of my dreams - send cash that I will definitely pass to the other poors
  • I am still poor (or poor again), removing lightbulbs and boiling soap - send cash so I can light my hovel at night
  • I am no longer poor, but poverty has cast such dark shadow over me that I may as well be - send cash for all the good that I do
I think of her as some kind of non newtonian pov. Looks like a pov on the surface but when pressed solid middle class tory

• Haha
Reactions: 27
The bungamansion must absolutely honk. Between the general grubbiness that we’ve all witnessed over the years, the slimy mushrooms, and the oils and vinegars from fish and other stuff. And that’s before we get to the triple slow cooker with all manner of horror slowly chuntering away 🤢
Well her kitchen looks like something from a Saw horror movie if it's still the one with black walls and knives hanging all over and writing everywhere.

Strange pots and jars of reclaimed stenchy liquids will just add to the 'storing body parts' ambience no doubt.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I've never come across someone so utterly convinced of their own abilities.

🎵 What's The Story, Jack's A Tory, Where's The Tuesday Snow?

179804872.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I think of her as some kind of non newtonian pov. Looks like a pov on the surface but when pressed solid middle class tory
She doesn't even 'look like a pov' on the surface. She is middle class coded. That's why her shtick has never felt 'right' to so many of us on this thread. WC people and MC people present differently, speak differently, think and behave differently. Not differently enough to overcome our common humanity and the line is very porous but certainly differently enough that we can see it.

Jack's a MC, centre right, pro establishment ex-ballet former sunday school teacher who thinks that tattoos and traaaaazers are evidence of some kind of edge.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Would love to know how many letters Natalia received after Jack begged for fan mail 😭

View attachment 2284774View attachment 2284775View attachment 2284776
Blatant copying of other fraus joke here but lol

Dear Jack

I just wanted to write to say thankyou(!) for all that you do. I have all your books. I haven’t tried all the recipes yet though, I have done some but I mustn’t be very good at cooking because they keep coming out like tasteless slops, not like the pictures at all.

I was shocked when I used your maths to work out how much my fridge was costing me!! So I switched it off like you did. I’m sure my family will forgive me for giving them warm milk on their cereal when the bills come down. I’m sure they will soon!

Sorry about the stains on the paper. My finger hasn’t stopped bleeding since making my own egg rings. Poor people deserve round eggs too! Not that we’re poor. My husband has said he will divorce me if he finds one more piece of orange peel drying on the radiators.

Also he’s said he won’t pay my bail money. I’m writing this from jail after being arrested for throwing my sons pencil case at our local Tory MPs head. How was I supposed to know the damage that tiny compass would do??

You’re the people’s hero Jack, don’t let the trolls get you down! I’ll stick some more money in your tip jar once I get out of here…

Write back soon, your biggest fan, Pam

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Well her kitchen looks like something from a Saw horror movie if it's still the one with black walls and knives hanging all over and writing everywhere.

Strange pots and jars of reclaimed stenchy liquids will just add to the 'storing body parts' ambience no doubt.
Kind of like those "skeletons in jars" displays you get at natural history museums, only without the cool, Goth-y vibe.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Very spiky about being accused of fraud (her inference of the comment) in 2015, eh?

View attachment 2286375

In that talk, she claims to have been doing some of her great work in Northern Ireland, probably because she doesn't think her London-based audience will question it. Which they didn't, they just fell for it all hook line and sinker.
Oh my god. PLEASE don't tell me there was ever even a hint of Good Friday Era Jack??

"Yeah the Good Friday talks were stalling, Blair and Mowlem knew they had to bring in a big hitter. All the history books say that that was the moment they called Clinton who helped closely with the negotiations...but actually it was ME. Behind the scenes. Bill Clinton stole my niche and now I'm throwing all my tin cans at the wall."

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Her VBI thing really, really gets on my nerves. Using the work of someone so talented to promote herself - Rhianna should be ashamed.
Jack is like Moist von Lipwig without any of the talent, charm, moral compass, or redemption arc.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I might rewatch DKL for the fun of it. I’m also a serious crafter with decades of experience, there’s no money in it, unless you teach or design patterns.

I don’t believe she applied for 300 jobs. I know I could ring some agencies tomorrow and probably get something. If you can answer a phone and work a computer you can usually get something, particularly receptionist work. She suggests she was taking her CV to shops, how would that work with childcare? I assume SB dad works weekend shift. like everything I think it was a lie.

Reactions: 34

View attachment 2286375

‘A serious allegation, one I am minded to challenge’. Pompous prick. I’ve been watching Daily Kitchen live again, episodes 1&2 where her connection keeps failing are hilarious! The Gypsy Rose glasses magnify the blinking & she does a panicked ‘I can’t hear’. So stressful just to watch, no wonder LJC left around that time-Jack kept blaming her for the issues. So obvious that she really thought this would be her big break yet all it really did was show all her failings in all their glory. The food was tit, there was no charisma, she was rude & unprofessional & as usual tried to make everything about her.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I'm happy for Rayner to be a mini or uber twit but please nobody tell me Grace Dent is!

I sometimes think Jack wanted to be Grace more than any others - makeup and 'fashion' etc
I regret to say she is horrible. Look up her name + racist on the hellsite if you don’t mind having your peepers opened.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.