Jack Monroe #524 Not the only or most important voice and presence in this critical area of our life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
T
How early can we trace this "I wrote a book on a Blackberry*" claim?

Because someone else claimed to do the same a month before this.

* Nokia E72

View attachment 2286193
She didn’t even get the contract to write that first book until May 2013 so it was definitely after that person claimed to do it.

• Wow
Reactions: 22
View attachment 2286168View attachment 2286170I’m just impressed that in December 2012 her Nokia E72 had Excel spreadsheets on it. You know, cos she’d sold/pawned her computer (again, depending on which version of this story she’s telling) and that phone is all she had.

View attachment 2286171
Jeez she really has to centre herself in everything doesn't she. Even a piece of good news has to become melodrama. Can you imagine that poor foodbank volunteer. "Yes I've seen the refugee family come in the door, I know they've lost everything and they need help. Just as soon as I've finished comforting Jack, who's inconsolable because she's just signed a lucrative book deal."

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Watching the DKL episode again leads me to believe that she never had that media training, as she sorely needs it. One of the first things that you are taught is that when being interviewed, or addressed by your co-presenter, when you reply you keep your eyes on them. She can’t stop her eyes wandering back to look straight into the camera. My verdict: terrible.
Like most things, she just used it as an excuse to beg for money, then pocketed the cash as she thinks she’s amazing anyway.

Reactions: 27
She didn’t even get the contract to write that first book until May 2013 so it was definitely after that person claimed to do it.
There are surprisingly numerous stories of people writing books on Blackberries. As we know she isn't capable of an original thought, so she is bound to have copied the idea from one of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
OMG I missed that, the arrogant cow. 😡

I love Adam Frost with a love that is pure - I will defend him to the death and am henceforth Frosty Defender.
She was so patronising to him. I remember her talking to him about growing green beans like he was a beginner, I wish I could remember what she said. It was on a DK episode when she was in the studio -horrific.
Imagine talking down to the professional, experienced Adam Frost that presents on Gardeners World and did a weekly gardening Instagram live on a Friday in lockdown, he presented and his daughter filmed…his wife drank gin. It was lovely.

The situation back then was so very different to what it is/what we’ve uncovered since so be kind to yourself babes. We weren’t even fully aware of the scale of the grift and certainly not the Patreon page by that point, don’t think the work had been put in on way back machine or archive sites yet, we were somewhat oblivious to just what a piece of tit she is. Our biggest class cosplay gotcha was the blue Land Rover to someone’s country house rather than the £1.8mil estate left by grandad and dad’s multi property portfolio and 5 bed house. Our understanding of the situation now has taken hundreds of hours worth of work and documentation (between here and Twitter and beyond, I assume) from hundreds and hundreds of individual contributors.

Weird times atm tho.
Totally agree, back then we were watching her appalling cooking and wondering how anyone could eat it, I asked her about that terrible tray bake cake. Now I don’t care if she chooses to eat slop, I’d want to know about where all the money has gone!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
A year?! It hasn't been anywhere near that long! About 6 months.

Anyway it's probably best to not start on who's been here longer. People had 4 and half years to register before it went invite only for a bit - years after it gained notoriety and was regularly mentioned in national media.
Yep, I lurked from June 2022 and finally bit the bullet in Nov so only 6 months.

Just been loitering on another thread and found this about Extinction Bursts. I've edited it, really badly, but it might be something we are to about to enjoy courtesy of guest.
IMG_20230705_102035.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Jeez she really has to centre herself in everything doesn't she. Even a piece of good news has to become melodrama. Can you imagine that poor foodbank volunteer. "Yes I've seen the refugee family come in the door, I know they've lost everything and they need help. Just as soon as I've finished comforting Jack, who's inconsolable because she's just signed a lucrative book deal."
This is one of Jacks biggest give away. If you’re truly without heating or electricity and trying to write a book and take care of a child whose toys you have just sold then, here’s an idea:GO TO THE LIBRARY: which is free.Is warm. Has computers. Has childrens toys. Etc etc.
We were never out of the library as kids, my mum took us all the time because she was poor and it was free and a treat.
This is not news to people who have actually struggled, fyi guest
CA328CB1-A112-43AE-9CA0-A0E052C923B8.png

CA328CB1-A112-43AE-9CA0-A0E052C923B8.png

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Oh dear lord, that's a collection of embarrassment. It's obvious she didn't make those cufflinks, they came from a craft supply retailer. I just can't be arsed to google them...
Babe, same
eta well done to the Frau who looked em up. Not even 1e each huh? Greedy cow, she seems to have mastered how to put a value on her worth that bears no relation to the reality of what she is doing. Plus ça change.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
This is one of Jacks biggest give away. If you’re truly without heating or electricity and trying to write a book and take care of a child whose toys you have just sold then, here’s an idea:GO TO THE LIBRARY: which is free.Is warm. Has computers. Has childrens toys. Etc etc.
We were never out of the library as kids, my mum took us all the time because she was poor and it was free and a treat.
This is not news to people who have actually struggled, fyi guest View attachment 2286232
View attachment 2286232
Wow this is soooooo true, we were also library kids and it was a legit afternoon out! I'm sure that's why I'm rarely without at least two books on the go now. But don't forget dearheart, Jack doesn't actually READ her books. She organises them by colour in snowdriven bursts of activity, shows the spines when she needs to bolster her mArXiSt credentials, and occasionally misrepresents southern baptist cookbooks for tomes of culinary delights from small countries in the Caucasus.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Not to put ideas in her head (hi Jack) but typing an entire book-length manuscript on a phone might cause Repetitive Strain Injury or joint pain. She could probs sue her publishers for a workplace injury and present those disfigured claw hands as evidence, no?*

(* I know it's all lies.)

• Haha
Reactions: 24
The bungamansion must absolutely honk. Between the general grubbiness that we’ve all witnessed over the years, the slimy mushrooms, and the oils and vinegars from fish and other stuff. And that’s before we get to the triple slow cooker with all manner of horror slowly chuntering chundering away 🤢
Ftfy too short

• Haha
Reactions: 15
This absolutely baffled me the first time I saw it. Why would you want cufflinks that just look like buttons? Just get a shirt with buttoned cuffs! My dad had a few pairs of cufflinks, they were quite fancy, which I always thought was the whole point of them!
they’re solely for the morejamamamapapamamas out there. You’re not the target market that’s why you’re baffled.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
This is not news to people who have actually struggled, fyi guest View attachment 2286232
View attachment 2286232
Pity the poor proofreader and copywriter and editor who had to try to do anything with whatever she submitted.

It's all lies. She must despair at just how Forensic the frauen are at discovering the truth. You are all Fabulous.

Oh, and Adiós radiators!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
There are surprisingly numerous stories of people writing books on Blackberries. As we know she isn't capable of an original thought, so she is bound to have copied the idea from one of them.
Famously, EL James claimed that she wrote Fifty Shades of Grey in her Blackberry, back in 2009 I think? And she’s as good a writer as guest 🤭

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Would love to know how many letters Natalia received after Jack begged for fan mail 😭

View attachment 2284774View attachment 2284775View attachment 2284776
Dearest Jack,

Fank ooo for getting me through the hardest of times.
Your wit,jolly personality and painstaking thought out reciepes have fed my family of 10 for 2 weeks.

You are a the best thing to happen to this dreary world and you deserve everything and I mean EVERYTHING!

YOU GO GIRLFRIEND 🫶✊️

Love always and forever.

Mack Jonroe 🥰💞💞

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
That kind of delusional self confidence is the very epitome of class privilege imho.
Bingo. I have made this point here before too. This is someone who has been told since the second they exited the vaginal canal that they are special and brilliant and can do anything they want in life, that they belong absolutely anywhere they want to be. That's why I'm not really sure I buy the foster kids as any kind of explanation for her behaviour. I was interested in a lot of different hobbies etc when I was little and whislt my parents encouraged it where they could, they would also gently tell me when something was not my strong suit, WC families do this in my experience as they know their kids have to be twice as good to get half as far. She's pure-unadulterated, grandiose, enabled, coddled narc (the Macebearer thing? Probably thought she could do it for a year and be a shoo-in for Mayor herself down the line). She has been indulged her entire life and I reckon she will have been seething with jealousy when these kids turned up in the home and probably used them as props to guilt-trip D and E since they started fostering.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Dearest Jack,

Fank ooo for getting me through the hardest of times.
Your wit,jolly personality and painstaking thought out reciepes have fed my family of 10 for 2 weeks.

You are a the best thing to happen to this dreary world and you deserve everything and I mean EVERYTHING!

YOU GO GIRLFRIEND 🫶✊️

Love always and forever.

Mack Jonroe 🥰💞💞
:unsure: is the non-use of apo'strophe's in that piece deliberate?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Has anyone ever mentally totted up how many times she says "I" in a single blog? I thought she was a campaigner but the only thing she's ever raised awareness of is her own skanky self.

She really tells on herself in that "Why I Don't Drive" fairytale where she basically says "why do I need to drive when I get everywhere on cadged lifts?" And that's jack all over. I don't need to do this piece of basic adulting because I can cajole someone else into doing it for me. She thinks she's Snow White with all of the woodland creatures so enchanted by her beauty and kindness that they've developed opposable thumbs up help her fold washing etc, rather than the tiresome, freeloading burden that she is.

• Haha
  • Heart
She used to be super on all BTL comments on CiF though, didn't she. Like, proper snippy and aggressive to readers' often mild feedback. I remember at the time being amazed that the Graun let her get away with that. Soooo unprofessional.
She was already a little pisspot on her blog way before the Guardian. Let’s not forget “the satirical comic twist that she writes with”
IMG_0717.jpeg

She was constantly bickering in the comments too. Her readers ALL KEPT MISSING THE POINT SHE WAS MAKING IN THE ARTICLE!!!
You’re missing the point!
IMG_0725.jpeg
IMG_0726.jpeg
And YOU and YOU are missing the point!
IMG_0727.jpeg
IMG_0728.jpeg
IMG_0722.jpeg
YOU ARE AAAAAAALLLLLLL MISSING THE POINT!!!
IMG_0723.jpeg
ETA For those of you who have never seen this, this is the BEST EVER (by miles!) Jack response to a reader letter that is a tad dickish, published in the local Southend paper YEARS after she’s become famous, after two books, Leggy, and just after she got the honorary doctorate. It’s so over the top it’s bleeping hilarious (AND it has photographic evidence of the arguments she’s making!). She even WARNS the Editor and the paper.
IMG_0729.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.