Jack Monroe #524 Not the only or most important voice and presence in this critical area of our life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh God, I’d forgotten the cringe. Even from the outset, she looks awkward, her shoelace is undone, she’s making cringy jokes to Matt. Christ on a bike. Oh well, at least I got myself a new avatar and tbh it did help during lockdown cos it was the funniest thing on the box 🤣
The maddest thing about it was she clearly fancied herself as the new Nigella and made lots of pickme posts showing herself doing her hair or laying on a couch in the green room in an Ophelia pose with back arched so as to show off the hateful boobs to their best advantage. Now don't get me wrong I think her hair then was beautiful, so thick, and she looked good on DKL, but it was so attention seeking and immature and desperate.
---
I used to post on CIF and I don’t remember any other journalist coming into the comments to complain about criticism. You’d occasionally get them posting to clarify something or disagree with a political point but I don’t remember anyone else wading BTL to say “You don’t like my article? Well I suppose you must be a TORY, Susan.”
I think some papers encourage journos to engage BTL, FT journos do it a lot especially on opinion pieces, but they're always really respectful and professional even when the comments get a bit deranged or personal. Total opposite of Jack. I am never not bowled over by her lack of professionalism, she must KNOW it would cause bridges to be burned!? Especially as a freelancer I'd have thought you'd make extra sure to be as nice as poss to everyone as you may need them in future!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Would you accept a DEECEASED 💀 dress instead?
View attachment 2285724
---
Bread and Jam Crafts: The full saga View attachment 2285734
December 4 2012: What is that silly Jack up to?! Well, she’s only gone and ACCIDENTALLY PLUGGED her personal craft business in her newspaper column!
View attachment 2285749How on earth could that have happened?! Sigh! TECHNOLOGY!View attachment 2285750 (And cufflinks)View attachment 2285751
December 9 2012: Jack has been launching Bread and Jam (the business that TECHNOLOGY made her “accidentally plug” in her newspaper column). All profits go to local community organizations!
View attachment 2285739She’s also making sandwiches for the homeless (which she’ll be doing twice a month!) and soliciting input from other organizations Bread and Jam will help.
View attachment 2285740 Needless to say, neither sandwiches nor “donating the profits” are ever mentioned again. In fact, by the time the Sunday Mirror come calling mere weeks later (published 23 December), “Hardworking and honest” View attachment 2285759single mother “Jackie Monroe” is in DIRE POVERTY eking a living out of her £250 a month craft business earnings. View attachment 2285756View attachment 2285758View attachment 2285757
December 29 2012: Just six days later, Jack puts her sewing down for the night to tell us all that thanks to her bunting-making…

View attachment 2285729
View attachment 2285728THE POVERTY is OVER!View attachment 2285783View attachment 2285782
NYE 2012: A mere two days later and she’s already contradicting her “Bread and Jam will go into a few local shops” ⬆ because she’s only in discussions about it.
View attachment 2285731Oh, and she won’t be setting it up properly (even though she’s “in the process”), because she can coin in the cash through FB and direct into her PayPal instead.
View attachment 2285732 Jan 1 2013: in her newspaper column Jack makes a New Year’s resolution to make a proper business plan for Bread and Jam. Oh, and plugs her business in the paper again. View attachment 2285765
View attachment 2285764 and that, my friends, is pretty much it for Bread and Jam. Thanks to the Sunday Mirror article, Woman’s Own also soon come calling and after that, Jack boasts to Xanthe Clay about her book token View attachment 2285772and realizes she can make a far more lucrative business out of lying about being in THE POVERTY. https://cookingonabootstrap.com/201...rl-called-jack-the-telegraph-2nd-march/?amp=1
And the rest, as they say, is history. (Oh, and as you see above, she already had the shameless self promotion, fast and loose way of coining in business cash and lying/claiming to “do good” all down pat already).

Lol and as an aside, in another act of shameless self promotion, she immediately added “the newspaper” calling her “hard-working and honest” to the masthead of her blog
View attachment 2285770Except cos she’s a useless fuckwit, she got it backwards.
View attachment 2285771
Hold up. 🤔 In 2012 she says “..gone is the fear of losing everything.”, so why for the next decade or longer has she kept banging on about the fear never leaving her? Cowering behind the sofa at the knock on the door? Years of unopened letters? Did it come back? Did she never really lose it? Paging Dr Nail. Paging Dr Nail.

IMG_0407.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Question about her crafts. I am not a crafty person (worst guide leader ever 🔺) but how on earth would she have got the words onto what appears metal button cuff links? Surely you would need equipment for it. I wonder if she was just drop shipping.
You can still get the supplies for these cufflinks for less than £1 per pair, and you can assemble them in seconds with strong glue or even use self adhesive cuff link blanks. The fact that she was asking £12 a pair is astonishing.
0A513F39-6E4F-435A-A3EB-A5099AD0B443.jpeg
677D6398-6CB6-4167-9001-B00C49A3552A.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
I used to post on CIF and I don’t remember any other journalist coming into the comments to complain about criticism. You’d occasionally get them posting to clarify something or disagree with a political point but I don’t remember anyone else wading BTL to say “You don’t like my article? Well I suppose you must be a TORY, Susan.”
Jay Rayner could be a bit of a fanny BTL. Which I may or may not have been subjected to 🍉

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Slimy on the turn yellow stickerered radiator dried mushrooms, no less.
View attachment 2285791
The bungamansion must absolutely honk. Between the general grubbiness that we’ve all witnessed over the years, the slimy mushrooms, and the oils and vinegars from fish and other stuff. And that’s before we get to the triple slow cooker with all manner of horror slowly chuntering away 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
You can still get the supplies for these cufflinks for less than £1 per pair, and you can assemble them in seconds with strong glue or even use self adhesive cuff link blanks. The fact that she was asking £12 a pair is astonishing. View attachment 2286102View attachment 2286103
I would put decent money on her not knowing the first thing about product safety testing and using completely inappropriate ways of attaching those two components.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Watching the DKL episode again leads me to believe that she never had that media training, as she sorely needs it. One of the first things that you are taught is that when being interviewed, or addressed by your co-presenter, when you reply you keep your eyes on them. She can’t stop her eyes wandering back to look straight into the camera. My verdict: terrible.

• Haha
Jay Rayner could be a bit of a fanny BTL. Which I may or may not have been subjected to 🍉
I personally think Jay Rayner has a bit of Jackness around the edges. Seems quite thin skinned and up himself. I once happened to be standing behind him whilst he was having a fag break at an event I was working at and he was a guest. He was chatting with a friend. My twit radar began clanging.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
'Kin 'ell she wrote all those labels herself didn't she! Plus, is that pot thing from Dusty Aunt Helen? Does it actually contain Dusty Aunt Helen?
It might well do.
That was May 2013
IMG_0704.jpeg
IMG_0703.jpeg
Jack “SOLD EVERYTHING SHE OWNED” (or almost everything, depending on when and where she’s telling the story) in August 2012
IMG_0711.jpeg
IMG_0712.jpeg
IMG_0710.jpeg

IMG_0709.jpeg
Then her family and friends who love her so much they hadn’t helped her out and prevented this necessity of her selling everything, instead bought her lots of things to prove how much they love her by May 2013.

BUT…!
Dusty Aunt Helen was DEAD before Jack sold everything she owned!
IMG_0705.jpeg
IMG_0706.jpeg

So she must have bought her that Dusty Aunt Helen chimnea thing from her “seat in heaven”. https://web.archive.org/web/2013020...com/2012/06/17/in-memoriam-helen-constantine/
Fortunately ghostly dusty Aunt Helen had demonstrated her love in material items to poverty stricken Jack before she popped on her “nicest blouse” when the “newspaper” came calling in December 2012.

IMG_0708.jpeg
IMG_0707.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Watching the DKL episode again leads me to believe that she never had that media training, as she sorely needs it. One of the first things that you are taught is that when being interviewed, or addressed by your co-presenter, when you reply you keep your eyes on them. She can’t stop her eyes wandering back to look straight into the camera. My verdict: terrible.
The worst thing is it's not terrible because she's a newbie or didn't really want to be on telly, all of which would be understandable. She'd been in the game 8 years by then and forced herself into the show. So it comes off as not so much newbie incompetence but just pure entitledness - she thought she was so brilliant she didn't have to prepare. That kind of delusional self confidence is the very epitome of class privilege imho.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Hold up. 🤔 In 2012 she says “..gone is the fear of losing everything.”, so why for the next decade or longer has she kept banging on about the fear never leaving her? Cowering behind the sofa at the knock on the door? Years of unopened letters? Did it come back? Did she never really lose it? Paging Dr Nail. Paging Dr Nail.

View attachment 2286096
She exists in three states:
  • I have overcome poverty, living my best life of my dreams - send cash that I will definitely pass to the other poors
  • I am still poor (or poor again), removing lightbulbs and boiling soap - send cash so I can light my hovel at night
  • I am no longer poor, but poverty has cast such dark shadow over me that I may as well be - send cash for all the good that I do

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
The bungamansion must absolutely honk. Between the general grubbiness that we’ve all witnessed over the years, the slimy mushrooms, and the oils and vinegars from fish and other stuff. And that’s before we get to the triple slow cooker with all manner of horror slowly chuntering away 🤢
I’ll never get over when her then-OH’s father got out the vacuum cleaner in the bungamansion. I would have cringed myself inside out in mortification and shame if anyone visiting my house felt they needed to clean.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
The maddest thing about it was she clearly fancied herself as the new Nigella and made lots of pickme posts showing herself doing her hair or laying on a couch in the green room in an Ophelia pose with back arched so as to show off the hateful boobs to their best advantage. Now don't get me wrong I think her hair then was beautiful, so thick, and she looked good on DKL, but it was so attention seeking and immature and desperate.
---

I think some papers encourage journos to engage BTL, FT journos do it a lot especially on opinion pieces, but they're always really respectful and professional even when the comments get a bit deranged or personal. Total opposite of Jack. I am never not bowled over by her lack of professionalism, she must KNOW it would cause bridges to be burned!? Especially as a freelancer I'd have thought you'd make extra sure to be as nice as poss to everyone as you may need them in future!
This why I fully believe Molly that guest was told to calm it down on twitter

My ex narc (LEFT, not of his own accord ) could not handle criticism at all. From the slightest comment , example above , saying his shoelace was undone , you could almost see him get annoyed. It is exhausting to be around someone like that. Mentally draining having to watch your words constantly.

• Heart
  • Sad
She wrote the labels herself to show how much she’s defined by her material possessions and how much everyone loves her (yes, really).View attachment 2285893
“Sold everything she owned”, 2012. Family and friends replaced it all for her to prove how much they love her, 2013.
Shiiiiit! She genuinely thought this was gonna be some kind of art thing? Like Emins Bed or thatbtent 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22

View attachment 2286096
IMG_0714.jpeg
IMG_0713.jpeg
I’m just impressed that in December 2012 her Nokia E72 had Excel spreadsheets on it. You know, cos she’d sold/pawned her computer (again, depending on which version of this story she’s telling) and that phone is all she had.

IMG_0715.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 39
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
'Kin 'ell she wrote all those labels herself didn't she! Plus, is that pot thing from Dusty Aunt Helen? Does it actually contain Dusty Aunt Helen?
Dusty Aunt Helen who used to have a stack of More! magazines behind the bog. Guess she was flicking her gigantes plaki to Position of the Fortnight.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
It might well do.
That was May 2013
View attachment 2286124View attachment 2286125Jack “SOLD EVERYTHING SHE OWNED” (or almost everything, depending on when and where she’s telling the story) in August 2012View attachment 2286150View attachment 2286153View attachment 2286151
View attachment 2286141 Then her family and friends who love her so much they hadn’t helped her out and prevented this necessity of her selling everything, instead bought her lots of things to prove how much they love her by May 2013.

BUT…!
Dusty Aunt Helen was DEAD before Jack sold everything she owned!
View attachment 2286128View attachment 2286131
So she must have bought her that Dusty Aunt Helen chimnea thing from her “seat in heaven”. https://web.archive.org/web/2013020...com/2012/06/17/in-memoriam-helen-constantine/
Fortunately ghostly dusty Aunt Helen had demonstrated her love in material items to poverty stricken Jack before she popped on her “nicest blouse” when the “newspaper” came calling in December 2012.

View attachment 2286135View attachment 2286133
I know I’ve mentioned it before but I bought that ikea rug that you can just see the edge of in that photo in April 2012 when it was new in store. It cost £140 for the smaller version (have just checked my receipt as I am FORENSIC about not deleting old email receipts 🤣 )

• Wow
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.