Jack Monroe #520 Jack is very clever, she knows how to turn £10 into £425

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One in Leeds too. Was seen as a bit of a draw when I lived in the sticks 🔺 But yes, it looks like a bog standard mid-market dining experience made fancy with the addition of tablecloths.
Tablecloths and grossly inflated prices :rolleyes:

Although TBF the one in Chelsea does a bang-up job with lovely Christmas decorations on its facade every December.

Reactions: 18
The TT love Jack so I’m afraid the squig is probably barking up the wrong tree with that angle - not that it isn’t a perfectly valid point and most decent charities would have concerns over it, just that we know the TT don’t.
TT and Jack both rely for their funding on people not knowing what they actually do (or rather don't) with that money.

• Angry
Reactions: 34
She does realise that the song Common People isn’t literally about a person being common, right? Right?
She came from Southend, had a thirst for grifting
Lots of words doing heavy lifting
That's where I
Frowned my eyes
She said she was going to be a fireman
Even though she didn't drive
And then a few Tweets later she said

I'm one of the common people
I'm poor like the common people do
I'm starving like the common people
Give me money for food
And I said
Not me, hit up some other suckers, fool

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
she’s never met a story about herself that she doesn’t like, has she. If people compliment me I’m like “cheers” and go red, don’t all normal people?! . She literally bangs on for ages with more and more boring detail. Anything to keep it going eh. If she banged on about foodbanks for even 1% of the time she bangs on about Jack Monroe, I’d subscribe to her highest patreon tier myself.
Yes and it’s a very ❄ trait, that. ⛄ are always desperate to talk about themselves, no topic is too trivial, in fact the more trivial the better, if you mention to someone on ❄ that you, I dunno, got a blister from your new shoes, they’ll spend 20 minutes discoursing enthusiastically on the progress of their last blister from initial friction to gooey implosion, and then immediately begin enumerating their shoe collection and aggressively asking you what your favourite type of shoes are, before declaiming for half an hour on the merits of Nike vs adidas and how they were nearly in an adidas commercial because the CEO of adidas saw their profile on LinkedIn and loves their work.

As I say, all very similar to Jack’s historical nocturnal Twitter sessions which lurched from FuRiOuS declamations about Jacob Rees Mogg to triggering tweets aboutCSA to the merits of black jacks vs fruit salads.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I'm convinced the meeting she was heading into was not an initial chat with Mark (9:30 pm on a Friday) she just did that thing where they make 2 individually true statements together to create the impression of a false third

• Heart
Reactions: 41
The donation tweet was only up for a day. That doesn't explain why she was constantly lying about having instructed lawyers, having a slam dunk case etc, she's not clarified why she didn't actually sue him. And why she hasn't actually asked for the video to be taken down...

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I can't imagine anyone reading that and thinking that their donation would be used for anything other than supporting guest's legal case. The wording is tricksy (surprise) but it sounds like guest was meeting with a lawyer (Mark mate) to discuss proceeding with a lawsuit. It would be hard to interpret that as anything other than taking legal advice. And AFAIK there was never a follow up message saying, Mark [or whoever] has advised that there is no case, so a lawsuit won't be forthcoming.
No, exactly - she was pretending she was still considering suing until pretty much the clock ran out on it and the whole thing ended as a wet fart.

She must have known for months she didn't have a case (if she ever did get legal advice about it).

Reactions: 32
Totally off topic but grunking old threads for the laffs and in thread 54 stunbled across an old tweet of hers in which she claimed that she was once at a function with Jarvis Cocker and he leant down and whispered "I'm a huge fan of your work".
Just be thankful the lie stopped there. I wouldn’t put it past he to claim she was the inspiration for ‘Common People’.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I'm convinced the meeting she was heading into was not an initial chat with Mark (9:30 pm on a Friday) she just did that thing where they make 2 individually true statements together to create the impression of a false third
Oh, yeah - I mean, we know that when she talks about meetings she's almost always talking about AA. But it's hard to see how a casual observer would read it as meaning anything other than a lawsuit-related meeting.

Reactions: 31
I think I’m reading the bit about ”it” being up for less than a day differently from everyone else.

Taking the “less than a day IIRC HTH” reply from La Monroe, I think the “it” it refers to is her donation TO Vineyard, or wherever she didn’t donate it to, not the donations from credulous squigs to her.

squig above her says “how long was the tweet about donating it up”, meaning “how long was the tweet about donating [the ill gotten gains to the spurious un named charity] up for”, when, if they were talking about squigs donations to her, it would be “how long was the tweet about donating up”.

I might be off on one here, I actually drove fairly close to Southend today so may have been inadvertently sucked into her orbit and reprogammed…

Did she delete the tweet about her imaginary donation, I feel like she did?
IMG_0024.jpeg

my head hurts

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Totally off topic but grunking old threads for the laffs and in thread 54 stunbled across an old tweet of hers in which she claimed that she was once at a function with Jarvis Cocker and he leant down and whispered "I'm a huge fan of your work".
Just be thankful the lie stopped there. I wouldn’t put it past he to claim she was the inspiration for ‘Common People’.

• Haha
  • Heart
The donation tweet was only up for a day. That doesn't explain why she was constantly lying about having instructed lawyers, having a slam dunk case etc, she's not clarified why she didn't actually sue him. And why she hasn't actually asked for the video to be taken down...
She deletes so many tweets to the point that it isn't obvious that means it is a retraction.

Reactions: 23
I wish I could look for all Sue Lee tweets but I spunked all my brainpower yesterday establishing she only sent out rewards to Patreon about 3 times in 6 years/72 months

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Chipsquig is confusing me. Why does being vegan mean bubble and squeak is out? Has anyone, of any dietary persuasion, ever tried to make b&s with frozen precooked chips and what happened to them?
I mean, I assumed being chippy chips they were already cooked but ... I posted this in the recollection of a perfectly delicious fry up using leftovers from chippy tea from the night before (mushy peas optional for those of a delicate persuasion) x as I recall there may have been some saveloy/sausage involved but WFK x

Poor mentals, much stress, I think was her excuse.

Not "much like the snake in the grass I resemble, I haven't a leg to stand on", sadly.

Reactions: 19
lol. I fry them up in egg like a faux Spanish omelette (no. I’m not jack)
As an actual Spaniard, I approve - I do the same :LOL: I only peel and fry actual, proper potatoes (Maris Pipers, also known in Spanish expat circles as "las maripepis") myself if I have other Spaniards as guests because I don't want them to rat me to the consulate.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.