Jack Monroe #520 Jack is very clever, she knows how to turn £10 into £425

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s a chain these days, but years ago it was “The Ivy” I feel like it’s near Leicester Square/Covent Garden
Not that I have ever been inside it, but I thought the one on King's Road was the original. I honestly didn't know there was more than one until today. Every day is a learning day 🎓

Reactions: 20
View attachment 2253953Sorry if this point has been made but legally, surely she’s screwed? First because of all the talk of the case for over a bloody year and second because it never happened-regardless of pro bono? It’s fraud-what’s to stop anyone else doing this: threaten to sue someone highly unpopular among your demographic, say you’ll ‘donate’ the money if not needed then delete and trouser all the dosh after that point?
Yeh. I'll set up a fund to donate to sue you. When I raise money but don't sue you because you've done nothing wrong, I'll say I'm donating it to a hunger charity. Then spend the fivers that Lucy Aeroplane and Damp Pants and others send me, in Greggs.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Chipsquig is confusing me. Why does being vegan mean bubble and squeak is out? Has anyone, of any dietary persuasion, ever tried to make b&s with frozen precooked chips and what happened to them?
Soz if this has been said already but aren’t the chips likely to have been cooked in oil that fish/battered sausages have been cooked in too. So not very vegan. (I have this issue with my gluten intolerance)

Reactions: 17
Oh duck off Jack…you spent the whole year reminding us you had a whole year to take any action. You even told Sue Lee how long he had left to worry.

Also - apropos of nothing or no one - Scamanda is getting good.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Just about to go on a grunk inbetween reading about the horrendous events going on in the Atlantic. Depending on what the povvo bothering head’s been up to today, I may return full of hope that FINALLY she’s being found out or bleeping furious that she’s somehow managed to make a tragedy about her somehow.

Because it wouldn’t bleeping surprise me the grifting, ghoulish twatty hole.

*DISCLAIMER* I may be grumpier than usual anyway as been awake since 3am, my various DIAGNOSED physical conditions are playing up, I have a bowel op in 5 days and I just about managed to clean my house, sort my son for school and cheer him on for his sports day today. I have zero energy and am on the verge of tears from it all yet STILL I keep going and trying.

I bleeping despise that POS tin can bleep. She can get in the bleeping bin.

ETA - I’m ok for sympathy-os, btw, I just needed to vent.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Now I’ve never been (so please correct me if I’m wrong), but the only Ivy I’ve ever seen IRL is the one in Harrogate which just looks like an overpriced, bog standard, chain restaurant.

Why would you attempt to sing common people in front of people not enjoying their steak tartare or oysters?

Baffling.
One in Leeds too. Was seen as a bit of a draw when I lived in the sticks 🔺 But yes, it looks like a bog standard mid-market dining experience made fancy with the addition of tablecloths.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Is there a way to check on here. The day she said was suing and asked for money - the day someone definitely would have posted it’s deletion?
Yup, you can go back to the threads from that time and search. I would But I’m incapable of cognition today. Send synapseo’s and braino’s

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I swear it’s how they’re raised. Her mum told me she believes a wife shouldn’t be out to work 😬.

As a very independent woman who is an effective orphan and previously homeless, who now has a very fulfilling career and nice salary, but haven’t bought a house yet because bills to pay it absolutely boils my piss.
I think it probably makes otherwise useless or codependent men feel like men aswell.

I managed to drag myself out a bollocks childhood to eventually have a good job and find myself in the same situation as you because I've always done everything myself. Maybe we should team up and set up a Patreon 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Does anyone know if this is the T&G cut and colour of the month? Or has she gone to Hair By Vincenzo?
What happened to the Turkish barber who was SO GOOD SHE MIGHT HAVE TO MARRY HIM and he only charged her tuppence far'din and plunged his hands elbow deep into her thick Greek hair (or summat)?

Did he close business and move quietly to another town (or country) where she couldn't follow him and stand with her face pressed up against the window while his wife shouted "Farouk* - get rid of that crazy beeatch or by G-d I WILL!" from the back? Did he never go back to the shop again? Did he scuttle into the toilet whenever she appeared and only come out when he could no longer hear the honking?

*other Turkish names are equally plausible
[/QUOTE]

According to guest, she’s NOT had what we can all see is clearly a fresh ‘n snappy, expensive haircut and colour, oh no, hasn't had one for aaaaages. The Turkish barber just gives her an undercut. Sure Jan, (insert eyeroll emoji)

ETA: Should have known that you fabulous fraus would have spotted this bollux already! Apologies. And go well, tender ones.

IMG_4151.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
I think it probably makes otherwise useless or codependent men feel like men aswell.

I managed to drag myself out a bollocks childhood to eventually have a good job and find myself in the same situation as you because I've always done everything myself. Maybe we should team up and set up a Patreon 😂
I also dragged self from bollocks childhood. Send sign ups to group Patreonos.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Me three.

ETA I don’t know Jarvis cocker but he strikes me as a very smart man. He’d see through guest in a bleeping heartbeat

• Heart
  • Haha
What happened to the Turkish barber who was SO GOOD SHE MIGHT HAVE TO MARRY HIM and he only charged her tuppence far'din and plunged his hands elbow deep into her thick Greek hair (or summat)?

Did he close business and move quietly to another town (or country) where she couldn't follow him and stand with her face pressed up against the window while his wife shouted "Farouk* - get rid of that crazy beeatch or by G-d I WILL!" from the back? Did he never go back to the shop again? Did he scuttle into the toilet whenever she appeared and only come out when he could no longer hear the honking?

*other Turkish names are equally plausible
According to guest, she’s NOT had what we can all see is clearly a fresh ‘n snappy, expensive haircut, oh no, hasnt had one for aaaaages. The Turkish barber just gives her an undercut. Sure Jan, (insert eyeroll emoji)

View attachment 2254156
[/QUOTE]

Possibly 🍉 myself here but as a Peaky Blinders adjacent frau (by relation to one of the stars of the show) keep that programme's name out of your scruffy mouth, guest. We do not claim you.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
This squig has been chasing Greenbelt for ages to ask why they've included guest on their lineup.

Greenbelt promised to make a statement four months ago, but have stalled since then. Their current excuse is that they're waiting on input from Jack and Adrian. It makes them look really shifty:

Screenshot from 2023-06-20 18-24-38.png

Screenshot from 2023-06-20 18-24-38.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 58
Not that I have ever been inside it, but I thought the one on King's Road was the original. I honestly didn't know there was more than one until today. Every day is a learning day 🎓
We have one in Exeter. Feel well posh

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Me three.

ETA I don’t know Jarvis cocker but he strikes me as a very smart man. He’d see through guest in a bleeping heartbeat
I also dragged self from bollocks childhood. Send sign ups to group Patreonos.
Now to figure out how to relieve ourselves of a conscience and start grifting!

I love Jarvis Cocker and there's no way he can't see she's a bleeping melon. Common People is about twerps like her for duck's sake.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.