Jack Monroe #520 Jack is very clever, she knows how to turn £10 into £425

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know it’s a rhetorical question, but…no.

From 2018.
View attachment 2253622

View attachment 2253624

Funnily enough, pretty much the same story she told a couple of days ago about how she has been SUFFERING (before she was taken in by her kindly friends Old Mother Hubbard and her poor doggy. But when guest got there, the cupboards was bare apart from four tins, a pickin’ chicken, and some hair dye under the stairs)
Who in hell, outside of Rupert Murdoch and Hitler, has henchmen anymore? Who?

Also, I don't want to/mean to denigrate anyone's experiences by questioning Jack's description of her night terrors, fears, etc. from when she was poor.

But.

I have friends who have served in war zones, as soldiers, nurses, medics, who have been shelled, shot, exploded, who have had to watch the burn piles of their soldiers' limbs so that dogs don't make off with them, who have less PTSD than Jack describes. Incidentally, a lot of them came from poor households before they entered the service.

The loop is getting tiresome. She hasn't even bothered to make it up anymore. Just repeating the same stuff. Aren't there other people's stories she can co-opt and present as her own--such a lazy confabulist, she is.
---
I also used to get paranoid fantasies like this when I overdid the stimulants. Specially the one about the rozzers being outside.
She sounds a lot like a family member's ex. Who was a crack addict, incidentally. The cops were always outside the door of his third-floor apartment.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Bloody Borbora, 26 pages on a new thread already. I am having a LIGHTS OFF week, is this chaos worth grunking or will she make me murderous?

I see she’s got new hair. Shame about the rusty teaspoon stuck up the schnoz personality eh.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
If that really is her latest plan (to only count the one day or that week) it's just possible that she has ended the grift herself. There must be people who can show that they donated eg £20 WITH a note re Sue Lee, outside of that time. She should have voluntarily refunded at least those immediately -it's already been 5 weeks since deadline passed.
Now she's just showing her deceit along with attempts to evade flak and hide the fact that she probably has spent the money.

• Wow
Reactions: 44
Who in hell, outside of Rupert Murdoch and Hitler, has henchmen anymore? Who?

Also, I don't want to/mean to denigrate anyone's experiences by questioning Jack's description of her night terrors, fears, etc. from when she was poor.

But.

I have friends who have served in war zones, as soldiers, nurses, medics, who have been shelled, shot, exploded, who have had to watch the burn piles of their soldiers' limbs so that dogs don't make off with them, who have less PTSD than Jack describes. Incidentally, a lot of them came from poor households before they entered the service.

The loop is getting tiresome. She hasn't even bothered to make it up anymore. Just repeating the same stuff. Aren't there other people's stories she can co-opt and present as her own--such a lazy confabulist, she is.
---

She sounds a lot like a family member's ex. Who was a crack addict, incidentally. The cops were always outside the door of his third-floor apartment.
Also, don’t henchmen need a head honcho? Henchmen are followers / enforcers for big bad people like dictators or drug lords. Once again, Jack blithely throwing around a word without knowing what it means.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
In response to a squig complimenting the colour and cut. So the local cheap barber isn't a 'proper cut'?

View attachment 2253609
she’s never met a story about herself that she doesn’t like, has she. If people compliment me I’m like “cheers” and go red, don’t all normal people?! . She literally bangs on for ages with more and more boring detail. Anything to keep it going eh. If she banged on about foodbanks for even 1% of the time she bangs on about Jack Monroe, I’d subscribe to her highest patreon tier myself.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Is there a way to check on here. The day she said was suing and asked for money - the day someone definitely would have posted it’s deletion?
So this was screengrabbed pretty much at the time: 23:16 13/05
Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 18.38.05.png

And then the next comment on the thread was:
Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 18.37.55.png

So I'd say she must have deleted it at around the same time.

She put it up at 7.30 same night...

Screenshot 2023-06-20 at 18.47.39.png

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 37
This squig has been chasing Greenbelt for ages to ask why they've included guest on their lineup.

Greenbelt promised to make a statement four months ago, but have stalled since then. Their current excuse is that they're waiting on input from Jack and Adrian. It makes them look really shifty:

View attachment 2254179
View attachment 2254182
The TT love Jack so I’m afraid the squig is probably barking up the wrong tree with that angle - not that it isn’t a perfectly valid point and most decent charities would have concerns over it, just that we know the TT don’t.

Reactions: 31
Now I’ve never been (so please correct me if I’m wrong), but the only Ivy I’ve ever seen IRL is the one in Harrogate which just looks like an overpriced, bog standard, chain restaurant.

Why would you attempt to sing common people in front of people not enjoying their steak tartare or oysters?

Baffling.
I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant where the tables are so close together as the Ivy in Manchester. The service was great but it's not as good as it thinks it is for the price and there are so many neon orange women there.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Omg I can’t wait to watch this docu drama about Jack and Big Dave’s early years.

2EDD8E82-D51D-4154-922F-7F85FCC8CACB.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 62
Now I’ve never been (so please correct me if I’m wrong), but the only Ivy I’ve ever seen IRL is the one in Harrogate which just looks like an overpriced, bog standard, chain restaurant.

Why would you attempt to sing common people in front of people not enjoying their steak tartare or oysters?

Baffling.
Amazing 😂 the ivy used to be considered fancy but about the same time that Nescafé gold instant was also”posh”. How is she so consistently wrong about everything? I’m starting to think she doesn’t go outside, you know.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I think I’m reading the bit about ”it” being up for less than a day differently from everyone else.

Taking the “less than a day IIRC HTH” reply from La Monroe, I think the “it” it refers to is her donation TO Vineyard, or wherever she didn’t donate it to, not the donations from credulous squigs to her.

squig above her says “how long was the tweet about donating it up”, meaning “how long was the tweet about donating [the ill gotten gains to the spurious un named charity] up for”, when, if they were talking about squigs donations to her, it would be “how long was the tweet about donating up”.

I might be off on one here, I actually drove fairly close to Southend today so may have been inadvertently sucked into her orbit and reprogammed…

Did she delete the tweet about her imaginary donation, I feel like she did?

• Heart
Reactions: 28
So this was screengrabbed pretty much at the time: 23:16 13/05
View attachment 2254195
And then the next comment on the thread was:
View attachment 2254196
So I'd say she must have deleted it at around the same time.

View attachment 2254206
This version of the beg screenshot (from the hellsite) is interesting:

media_FzE1YAbXsAIyrCs.png

It shows 18 retweets... in the first minute alone!

Even though she did a dirty delete, there's still plenty of evidence on the hellsite of people promoting her Paypal tipjar over the next few days:

Screenshot from 2023-06-20 18-57-23.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 58

View attachment 2254206
I can't imagine anyone reading that and thinking that their donation would be used for anything other than supporting guest's legal case. The wording is tricksy (surprise) but it sounds like guest was meeting with a lawyer (Mark mate) to discuss proceeding with a lawsuit. It would be hard to interpret that as anything other than taking legal advice. And AFAIK there was never a follow up message saying, Mark [or whoever] has advised that there is no case, so a lawsuit won't be forthcoming.

Reactions: 41
I think I’m reading the bit about ”it” being up for less than a day differently from everyone else.

Taking the “less than a day IIRC HTH” reply from La Monroe, I think the “it” it refers to is her donation TO Vineyard, or wherever she didn’t donate it to, not the donations from credulous squigs to her.

squig above her says “how long was the tweet about donating it up”, meaning “how long was the tweet about donating [the ill gotten gains to the spurious un named charity] up for”, when, if they were talking about squigs donations to her, it would be “how long was the tweet about donating up”.

I might be off on one here, I actually drove fairly close to Southend today so may have been inadvertently sucked into her orbit and reprogammed…

Did she delete the tweet about her imaginary donation, I feel like she did?
no the tweet about donating the Sue Lee money to her old foodbank is still up

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.