Jack Monroe #520 Jack is very clever, she knows how to turn £10 into £425

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You know like first slebs at dinner at the Ivy, then Nobu was trendy, then Hakkasan, now it’s all Chiltern Fire House

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Did she even instruct lawyers in any aspect to Sue Lee?
An @ on the hellsite doesn't constitute any formal setting off for legal proceedings, letters of intent, request to take down a post/tweet
Bet you she didn't even make any further contact with MarkMate
Just as well, as a “piss off” from the lawyer you tried to hire with “GOT A JOB FOR YOU, PAL!” on Twitter often offends

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Now I’ve never been (so please correct me if I’m wrong), but the only Ivy I’ve ever seen IRL is the one in Harrogate which just looks like an overpriced, bog standard, chain restaurant.

Why would you attempt to sing common people in front of people not enjoying their steak tartare or oysters?

Baffling.
The original one in London was cool in the 90s. I went there a couple of years ago and it was just full of try-hards and Insta types. I didn’t know it was a chain now. That explains a lot as it kind of had that pricey chain vibe to it.

Reactions: 27
I just feel sorry for that crack team of paralegals who were working all hours...I notice that tweet has been dirty deleted. They can't have been paid surely if there was no case....?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
It’s a chain these days, but years ago it was “The Ivy” I feel like it’s near Leicester Square/Covent Garden
Yes, on the strand I think next to C Garden. Never been but went to one of the offshoots (lol) once was lovely treat.

Reactions: 18
I just feel sorry for that crack team of paralegals who were working all hours...I notice that tweet has been dirty deleted. They can't have been paid surely if there was no case....?
It's ok. Imaginary paralegals accept imaginary banknotes as payment.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
They weren't even working *because* there was no case 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I'd love to know how these parasites get people to stick around in their lives? I can't find a decent bloke when I'm pleasant and easy going and independent (maybe that's the issue), yet I know so many absolute freeloading horrorbags who have some weird little cuckold man working himself into the ground to support them.

Again, no point here except my personal misery 😂
I swear it’s how they’re raised. Her mum told me she believes a wife shouldn’t be out to work 😬.

As a very independent woman who is an effective orphan and previously homeless, who now has a very fulfilling career and nice salary, but haven’t bought a house yet because bills to pay it absolutely boils my piss.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
They weren't even working *because* there was no case 🤣🤣
Oh. Oh dearie dearie. Because we definitely have screenshots of Jack saying they were.
It must have been pro-bono because she didn’t pay them with the Sue Lee money, she donated that.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Yeh, I went recently to the one in Manchester and I can't see it myself. I wonder if it's a 'oh you civilians won't ever have been to an Ivy and therefore will just assume anything could happen'.
I assume she's talking about the private member's club above the restaurant near Seven Dials. About £1200 a year for membership, so about £700 less than Soho House (which she was a member of) - I imagine she was there with one of her media-y friends, who'll have been politely asked not to bring her again.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Is there a way to check on here. The day she said was suing and asked for money - the day someone definitely would have posted it’s deletion?

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Now I’ve never been (so please correct me if I’m wrong), but the only Ivy I’ve ever seen IRL is the one in Harrogate which just looks like an overpriced, bog standard, chain restaurant.

Why would you attempt to sing common people in front of people not enjoying their steak tartare or oysters?

Baffling.
Don’t worry. It never happened.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I assume she's talking about the private member's club above the restaurant near Seven Dials. About £1200 a year for membership, so about £700 less than Soho House (which she was a member of) - I imagine she was there with one of her media-y friends, who'll have been politely asked not to bring her again.
Oh god that's so cringe. Nobody would have any idea who she was so it would have just appeared to be a mad person off the street.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
So the donation tweet was only up for a day.

I would just like her to admit she was lying about all of the times she instructed action (or she did instruct action but was told she had no case)

• Heart
Well exactly. Over the weekend our school uniform sale page on Facebook has exploded with what I presume is year 11 clothing. I've never seen so much of it. People are desperate to generate money wherever they can.

Also this giving stuff away to people who 'need it more' helps bolster the 'thanks for all the good you do' nonsense.
Unless you're running a volunteer detective agency, who on earth needs 16 free filing cabinets?!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.