Jack Monroe #520 Jack is very clever, she knows how to turn £10 into £425

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Now if you could narrow down the ‘time period’ for us guest. Less than a day or the whole year you had to put the case forward?
It is all very clear.

The donations collected between SHAN'T and SHAN'T totalled £SHAN'T and I donated them to SHAN'T.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Agreed. I assume that the fake backstory at the start was to give him some standing, and probably brought him more attention more quickly than he'd otherwise have got. The same goes for Molly before him.

But in both those cases it turned out not to have been necessary. Molly's blog worked no less well when people realised that she wasn't a recent immigrant doing a low-level job in the NHS.

We've seen how frauds like guest will deliberately use any apparent inconsistencies to attack those who threaten to expose them. It's best not to give her the opportunity,
Talking of fake backstories... (cough... pov...light bulbs... cough)

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Amazing to see her confirm herself as a liar and a crook.

Questions for Guest:

When did she find out that she had no case?

When did she find out that she was not being represented pro bono?

Why did she continue the pretence of taking legal action?

Why did she lie repeatedly about paralegals, lawyers, letters, etc and never clarify?

Why did she hang onto the donations for so long?

Why was she not transparent with her donors and followers that she was not proceeding?

There must have been some benefit to her to continue to repeatedly lie about taking legal action. I am guessing that was in the form of PayPal tips.
That's such a good point! She'd have dropped the pretence well before the year was up if she wasn't benefiting from it.

Reactions: 43
Now if you could narrow down the ‘time period’ for us guest. Less than a day or the whole year you had to put the case forward?

ETA and if she ringfenced the lot because she couldn’t be arsed going through them individually .. just how many donations is she getting daily?!
So. bleeping. Sketchy.

Reactions: 38
There is so much to pick holes in her answers. She just loves talking, it is all verbal diarrhoea though. She is like a fountain, instead of water flowing out of her mouth, she spews lies.

And she so loves herself, which is just as well as she can't get anyone else to, they all LEFT.
Honestly my opinion of so many people has gone right in the 🗑 over the last three years.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Just been having a grunk and thinking about all the Patreon rewards she said she caught up on when questioned. I mean, even when I was just selling my old cds/dvds and the odd bit of unwanted clothes on ebay, one thing I always, always got, was the proof of postage receipt at the post office. She must have boxes of them, you know with being so ~forensic~

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I really hope that Jack does do greenbelt this year. Check this bonkers and frankly slightly sinister article from her appearance at Greenbelt 2017 in which she is unironically hailed as a PROPHET:

Oh dear, that hasn’t aged well, has it 😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
It's interesting that over this whole year of Heckin' Big Decluttering all she's talked about is giving away stuff, rather than selling it. Giving away 16 filing cabinets, her big dining table, finding hoarded hair dyes under the stairs etc etc etc. Those is not the actions of someone who actually needs money. In fact, it sounds like the very opposite.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Amazing to see her confirm herself as a liar and a crook.

Questions for Guest:

When did she find out that she had no case?

When did she find out that she was not being represented pro bono?

Why did she continue the pretence of taking legal action?

Why did she lie repeatedly about paralegals, lawyers, letters, etc and never clarify?

Why did she hang onto the donations for so long?

Why was she not transparent with her donors and followers that she was not proceeding?

There must have been some benefit to her to continue to repeatedly lie about taking legal action. I am guessing that was in the form of PayPal tips.
Did she even instruct lawyers in any aspect to Sue Lee?
An @ on the hellsite doesn't constitute any formal setting off for legal proceedings, letters of intent, request to take down a post/tweet
Bet you she didn't even make any further contact with MarkMate

Reactions: 33
It's interesting that over this whole year of Heckin' Big Decluttering all she's talked about is giving away stuff, rather than selling it. Giving away 16 filing cabinets, her big dining table, finding hoarded hair dyes under the stairs etc etc etc. Those is not the actions of someone who actually needs money. In fact, it sounds like the very opposite.
Well exactly. Over the weekend our school uniform sale page on Facebook has exploded with what I presume is year 11 clothing. I've never seen so much of it. People are desperate to generate money wherever they can.

Also this giving stuff away to people who 'need it more' helps bolster the 'thanks for all the good you do' nonsense.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Hoping to find some empathy with Jack and her still ongoing heckin' big declutter woes, I decided to have a look what's in my cupboard under the stairs (only really open it when the meters need reading) Christmas tree/decorations. Patio furniture cushions. Lots of old shoes that need binning. Shite I took out of my car boot before its last MOT, and the big win- two disposable barbecues. Sadly no hair dye, because even if I did still do my own colour, like any normal person, I'd probably keep it in the bathroom, rather than out of sight, out of mind. I bet she's one of those liars who hides new purchases at the bottom of the wardrobe, then when asked about it, trots out that "oh this old thing? I've had it years" line

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Did she even instruct lawyers in any aspect to Sue Lee?
An @ on the hellsite doesn't constitute any formal setting off for legal proceedings, letters of intent, request to take down a post/tweet
Bet you she didn't even make any further contact with MarkMate
Well if she did she didnt I’m sure she will show us the formal letter confirming the instruction, which any lawyer would send their client when instructed.
She did say she decided to drop the case due to her health, so she will have an instruction letter as well as other paperwork from her lawyer and team of paralegals.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
So true. I am currently trying to sell all of our baby equipment and too small kid’s bikes, all in excellent condition. It’s an absolute ballache and I’ve lost count of the number of people who have messed me around, but we can’t afford to give stuff away.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Well if she did she didnt I’m sure she will show us the formal letter confirming the instruction, which any lawyer would send their client when instructed.
She did say she decided to drop the case due to her health, so she will have an instruction letter as well as other paperwork from her lawyer and team of paralegals.
Exactly. And this will have cost money. How did she pay for it? She didn't use the donations, she gave them to a food bank!

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Now I’ve never been (so please correct me if I’m wrong), but the only Ivy I’ve ever seen IRL is the one in Harrogate which just looks like an overpriced, bog standard, chain restaurant.

Why would you attempt to sing common people in front of people not enjoying their steak tartare or oysters?

Baffling.
Yeh, I went recently to the one in Manchester and I can't see it myself. I wonder if it's a 'oh you civilians won't ever have been to an Ivy and therefore will just assume anything could happen'.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Yeh, I went recently to the one in Manchester and I can't see it myself. I wonder if it's a 'oh you civilians won't ever have been to an Ivy and therefore will just assume anything could happen'.
It’s a chain these days, but years ago it was “The Ivy” I feel like it’s near Leicester Square/Covent Garden

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.