Jack Monroe #520 Jack is very clever, she knows how to turn £10 into £425

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
776FD685-9B8E-48F4-BCCC-BAF83D768AC1.jpeg
Sorry if this point has been made but legally, surely she’s screwed? First because of all the talk of the case for over a bloody year and second because it never happened-regardless of pro bono? It’s fraud-what’s to stop anyone else doing this: threaten to sue someone highly unpopular among your demographic, say you’ll ‘donate’ the money if not needed then delete and trouser all the dosh after that point?

• Heart
Reactions: 87
View attachment 2253953Sorry if this point has been made but legally, surely she’s screwed? First because of all the talk of the case for over a bloody year and second because it never happened-regardless of pro bono? It’s fraud-what’s to stop anyone else doing this: threaten to sue someone highly unpopular among your demographic, say you’ll ‘donate’ the money if not needed then delete and trouser all the dosh after that point?
I don’t think there’s much you can do about it legally.
If you didn’t donate then you’ve no case. If you donated you can open a PayPal dispute for a refund.
Iam thinking Essex Trading Standards maybe? She’s basically a rouge🥕 trader, a scammer, just like the guys with the marble and 3 cups! A confidence trickster

Reactions: 48
Totally off topic but grunking old threads for the laffs and in thread 54 stunbled across an old tweet of hers in which she claimed that she was once at a function with Jarvis Cocker and he leant down and whispered "I'm a huge fan of your work".

Made me lol quite a lot. I'd forgotten that particular whopper. Of course I know that there's been lots of people who've shyly confided that they love her work (the man in Tesco, the check out girl at Asda, the friendly copper outside Portcullis House who decided that Jack didn't need ID because she's so special) but I'd totally forgotten that Jarv the Awesome was allegedly part of her army of fans. Who next? Mick Jagger and Elton?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 63
They know pure well they can use Google but they're desperate for even a nugget of attention from her. It's not just her either, I see loads of Twitter randos pathetically trying to get zelebs trying to engage with them, it makes me cringe my ring up into the back of my neck.
Surely it's a piss take.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
She held on to that money and did not touch it. Meanwhile she was so poor she lit the house using garden solar lamps.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Totally off topic but grunking old threads for the laffs and in thread 54 stunbled across an old tweet of hers in which she claimed that she was once at a function with Jarvis Cocker and he leant down and whispered "I'm a huge fan of your work".

Made me lol quite a lot. I'd forgotten that particular whopper. Of course I know that there's been lots of people who've shyly confided that they love her work (the man in Tesco, the check out girl at Asda, the friendly copper outside Portcullis House who decided that Jack didn't need ID because she's so special) but I'd totally forgotten that Jarv the Awesome was allegedly part of her army of fans. Who next? Mick Jagger and Elton?
I want to believe it’s true, and also that he was taking the piss!

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Bahaha that’s ironic considering she’s based her whole life off one of his songs.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
I don’t think there’s much you can do about it legally.
If you didn’t donate then you’ve no case. If you donated you can open a PayPal dispute for a refund.
Iam thinking Essex Trading Standards maybe? She’s basically a rouge🥕 trader, a scammer, just like the guys with the marble and 3 cups! A confidence trickster
It would be an interesting test case to see if her tweets about suing Lee count as a legally binding contract for her to do so or return the money or whether it would be a “donator beware” situation and dropping it in her general PayPal with only a note of what you intend it to be used for is as good as gifting it to her.

Reactions: 34
I was just listening to Maintenance Phase (which is a podcast partly about grifty wellness influencers) on Brittany Dawn, who I hadn't heard of previously. I've not even listened to all of it yet, but she essentially claimed to send out individual diet plans (which weren't), or didn't send out bought items. To get to the point, when asked for a refund, Brittany rarely gave a response, then when they escalated, deleted their comments and blocked them, and for the few she did refund she tried to get them to sign NDA's.

The host's comment, which was what struck me with the relevance to Jack,
You know you have a bad business model when it only works until your customers start speaking to each other!
To me, that seems to be what CCJ guy is attempting to do, and good luck to them. Brittany Dawn, Jack's American cousin?

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Amazing to see her confirm herself as a liar and a crook.

Questions for Guest:

When did she find out that she had no case?

When did she find out that she was not being represented pro bono?

Why did she continue the pretence of taking legal action?

Why did she lie repeatedly about paralegals, lawyers, letters, etc and never clarify?

Why did she hang onto the donations for so long?

Why was she not transparent with her donors and followers that she was not proceeding?

There must have been some benefit to her to continue to repeatedly lie about taking legal action. I am guessing that was in the form of PayPal tips.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
I really hope that Jack does do greenbelt this year. Check this bonkers and frankly slightly sinister article from her appearance at Greenbelt 2017 in which she is unironically hailed as a PROPHET:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
A complete list of what she said was happening to her as she held on to the "ringfenced" Sue Lee money.
  • Selling her possessions at pawnbroker
  • Considering selling the TV and large fridge freezer
  • Took lightbulbs out to save money
  • Use solar lanterns to light house
  • Stopped getting hair cut
  • Stopped buying shampoo and conditioner
  • Boiled down soap for shower gel
  • Started using basic disinfectant, 27p bleach, 29p washing up liquid, vinegar, or bicarbonate of soda for cleaning
  • Food shop £20/week
Good job she never spent it, must have been tempting!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 78
I didn’t know you could report a Patreon if the creator is harassing people off the site:

C652B6B7-1594-43AA-B2D1-3E464E96041B.jpeg

If someone has the full doxing tweets, please report her. Enough reports and Patreon might actually have to do something. You don’t need to be signed in to do so.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 74
It would be an interesting test case to see if her tweets about suing Lee count as a legally binding contract for her to do so or return the money or whether it would be a “donator beware” situation and dropping it in her general PayPal with only a note of what you intend it to be used for is as good as gifting it to her.
It's not a contract, as you're not getting anything in return. I think it would likely come user trusts law, but she's been so vague about it all along that I doubt that unpicking it all would be particularly easy. Anyone who wanted to sue her would need deep pockets or to be certain enough of their case to have a lawyer take it on a no win no fee basis.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
I suspect guest is going to claim that the *allegedly* one day fundraiser was for her to pay the fee to get legal advice, which she did, and that anyone who donated after that was expressing their thanks for all that she does.

Re Jarvis, not that I believe he ever said anything to her at any time, but if he was at an event with her, I wish he'd mooned her like he did MJ.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Interesting that she hasn’t mentioned Fox and his flag burning. Really makes you think.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Yes. Also, in 2016 (on a humblebraggy FB post about she'd bought an autistic teen a bicycle) she also stated that she had been robbed of a pram, a bike and several other large ticket items, leaving her sadly - you guessed it - POOR.

And then of course there's the legendary Great Kickstarter Gaslight Post, in which she claims to have lost her laptop and book drafts in 'an unfortunate incident', the nature of which she does not elaborate.

Of course we are all vulnerable to 'unfortunate incidents' and unforeseen circs. But if you're a celeb who ends up indigent at least twice a year due to 'unfortunate incidents', then possibly, just possibly, the source of all these unfortunate incidents is you.
This is how hopeless alchies work. Lies, accidents.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Now if you could narrow down the ‘time period’ for us guest. Less than a day or the whole year you had to put the case forward?

ETA and if she ringfenced the lot because she couldn’t be arsed going through them individually .. just how many donations is she getting daily?!

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Bahaha that’s ironic considering she’s based her whole life off one of his songs.
Sorted for E’s And Wizz?
Tomorrow Never Lies?
Little Girl?
Leg(endar)y Girlfriend?
Have You Seen Her Lately?
This House Is Condemned?
There’s No Emotion?

Oohhhh… you mean THAT one!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.