Jack Monroe #520 Jack is very clever, she knows how to turn £10 into £425

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone know if this is the T&G cut and colour of the month? Or has she gone to Hair By Vincenzo?
What happened to the Turkish barber who was SO GOOD SHE MIGHT HAVE TO MARRY HIM and he only charged her tuppence far'din and plunged his hands elbow deep into her thick Greek hair (or summat)?

[/QUOTE]

Elbow deep? Bit gauche. 👊

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Whatever your thoughts are on CCJ Squig, good faith, bad faith, no faith, he is bang on the buck here. This is it:

IMG_7108.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 146
You know you've made me think of something quite interesting, which is how shocked and angry narcs get when they discover that two different people they've narc'ed have spoken to each other and compared notes on their behaviour. It's like narcs believe themselves to be sitting at a central hub, controlling and manipulating all the various people in their lives, but never seem to realise that those people also have agency and may at times compare notes with each other and realise they've been had. It actually makes the narc very angry and defensive.

We see the same dynamic with Jack running two very different personas on Twitter vs IG, or pleading poverty on twitter whilst posting pics of her lipstick collection on FB. Or how she can be crashingly depressed yet tootoot! best life! within days of each other. It's like she honestly thinks people are too stupid or wuld not have the impudence to compare the two and realise something's not right.
They truly don't see others as fully formed human beings in their own right, we're all simply extensions of them and a means to get their own needs met. They inhabit a self-referential reality where their view of the world isn't based on any objective measure, simply their own mood at any particular moment.

It's why they can tell twelve conflicting lies in a single breath and then be enraged when someone calls them out on it. And like you say it's why Jack can be simultaneously living her best life and on the brink of suicide.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Remember how she did the same to the OG Patreon squig? Same modus operandi with the refusal to acknowledge the squig or refund for days and weeks on end. guest [sic] eventually snarkily coughed up but not before a huge power play . This is the same, so CCJ squig is right, she does everything on purpose to make it so awful for the person wanting their money back and as a deterrent to anyone else thinking about doing it. People have already popped up in the past week to say they donated and feel like twats, one definitely asked for a quite considerable refund IIRC but was totally ignored, they don't feel able to pursue it any further.:(

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Whatever your thoughts are on CCJ Squig, good faith, bad faith, no faith, he is bang on the buck here. This is it:

View attachment 2253850
He's bang on with this and I absolutely didn't think of the wider implications of his actions until now. Of course Jack has to resist paying him, whilst simultaneously insisting that she's trying to pay him. Because if she just pays him, hundreds of other people might want paying too. It's totally in her interests to make it all as difficult as possible whilst also making it as unpleasant for CCJ Squig as possible. So that others will take note.

In that sense, the CCJ is more like a test case.

• Heart
Reactions: 83

View attachment 2253850
I agree and if he’d been honest like he’s now being from day 1, I think it would have garnered a lot of attention a lot quicker (as with Jack, if you wonder why people are questioning your story and motives, look at the lies you’ve told)… but better late than never!

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Tortoise Media - was published 20 May 22

There is so much to pick holes in her answers. She just loves talking, it is all verbal diarrhoea though. She is like a fountain, instead of water flowing out of her mouth, she spews lies.

And she so loves herself, which is just as well as she can't get anyone else to, they all LEFT.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Obviously I love all the mithering but there are a few outstanding questions.

1. Given last night’s bombshell about the potential massive patreon income and all this stuff about Lee/Daubney, how long do we think the 400+ patreons are going to carry on funding this shitshow?

2. If Jack continues to not show up to hearings and pleads MH issues/hides from bailiffs due to red hair, what will be the final countdown outcome?

3. Will Greenbelt fold and bin her off?
i'm convinced most of those 400 Patrons have totally forgotten they subscribed to her, their payments just auto-renew and that they are so fkn rich that they don't even notice the payment going out monthly. I think this can be the only reason her patreon subscriber numbers still remain ridiculously high despite all her mad shenanigans.
---
I wonder what Queen Ariel thinks of all this bullshite?
If anyone knows of a remedy to cure the grift, it's Ariel! (I may have ended up down the rabbit hole of Ariel's Twitter a while ago when she popped up to take on Jack)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
i'm convinced most of those 400 Patrons have totally forgotten they subscribed to her, their payments just auto-renew and that they are so fkn rich that they don't even notice the payment going out monthly. I think this can be the only reason her patreon subscriber numbers still remain ridiculously high despite all her mad shenanigans.
---

If anyone knows of a remedy to cure the grift, it's Ariel! (I may have ended up down the rabbit hole of Ariel's Twitter a while ago when she popped up to take on Jack)
Surely Ariel is a bit tied up with her own gigs 🥁 amirite

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Especially if they are supporting multiple creators. It is very easy (if you have money to burn) to not be on top of what relatively small payments going out of your account are for.

Reactions: 29
I agree and if he’d been honest like he’s now being from day 1, I think it would have garnered a lot of attention a lot quicker… but better late than never!
Agreed. I assume that the fake backstory at the start was to give him some standing, and probably brought him more attention more quickly than he'd otherwise have got. The same goes for Molly before him.

But in both those cases it turned out not to have been necessary. Molly's blog worked no less well when people realised that she wasn't a recent immigrant doing a low-level job in the NHS.

We've seen how frauds like guest will deliberately use any apparent inconsistencies to attack those who threaten to expose them. It's best not to give her the opportunity,

• Heart
Reactions: 48
I agree and if he’d been honest like he’s now being from day 1, I think it would have garnered a lot of attention a lot quicker (as with Jack, if you wonder why people are questioning your story and motives, look at the lies you’ve told)… but better late than never!
I agree but I can also see how Jack with her Glastonbury sized field of followers and until recently rabid flying monkeys, might just scare you enough that you'd change details about yourself to be less identifiable. I wouldn't be brave enough to take on Jack in my non-moldwarp form, so I'm not gonna judge others who don't either.

however I do agree with you that it weakened his credibility and AM's too. AM in particular leant into her fictional character a little too much and that kind of damaged the whole thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I do hope Daubs & 30p Lee see that tweet and come to same conclusion we all have!

Fox is persona non grata after his stupid antics on Sunday 🏳️‍🌈

• Heart
Reactions: 44
The new department set up by the government that will look at fraud especially online, who are they again? They need to invent an ASBO for online begging. Then give one to Jack.

Reactions: 41
I agree but I can also see how Jack with her Glastonbury sized field of followers and until recently rabid flying monkeys, might just scare you enough that you'd change details about yourself to be less identifiable. I wouldn't be brave enough to take on Jack in my non-moldwarp form, so I'm not gonna judge others who don't either.

however I do agree with you that it weakened his credibility and AM's too. AM in particular leant into her fictional character a little too much and that kind of damaged the whole thing.
Oh yeah, I don’t necessarily blame them for wanting to keep themselves private but I think he could have said something like “I was subscribed for a short time, one month paid - but I’d rather not specify how long or exactly when” rather than the several versions of the story we got at the beginning.

Especially in CCJ’s case when she was always going to pretty much know who he was based on the contact with her. Molly I can understand obfuscating even more (though I think someone entirely fictional would have been better rather than posing as a real colleague who may or may not have been the person who was ultimately doxxed due to the identifiable details Molly posted).

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Molly blotted her copy book when she started floating the idea of a patreon for being Molly

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
---

I work for a charity that some people make monthly donations to, not many and it's not a big source of income for us so we don't "do" anything in return - they get an annual wrap up and that's it.

We had an email yesterday from someone who had been donating since 2016 and wanted to cancel as they hadn't noticed they were still donating...

It was 4.95/month so not massive for lots of people but they do tot up!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
And probably part of the reason she does duck all with it, aside from being lazy and talentless, because if she DOES suddenly send out any updates - there’s a lot of Patreon who’ll suddenly go “wait, who’s this and why am I giving her £100 a year?”

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.