Jack Monroe #52 Am I awful and nobody has ever told me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
R Jackie implies that Louisa left abruptly and without warning. That is probably because she is so self absorbed that she was unable to read the signs that Louisa was unhappy.

People get together and at first it is all hearts and flowers and getting to know each other. Then, you either adapt to each other and grow closer together, or you find that you grow apart. It is especially difficult if one or both, are not willing to compromise (looking at you JM).

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Oh what wait so Chaz on Twitter was Jack?
I was followed by them.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 59
I had a little look, if you can afford them and they make you smile, why not? I was looking and spotted these, suddenly husband says he needs new trainers(?) and those are perfect(?)...so he bought himself them. Shame you didn't include an afflink @Flumps 😘
Curses! I am clearly not destined for an influencer's life.

(Those are very cool too.)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The whole trying to find out who people are in here is strange indeed. I mean it's a website. You have to actively Google to come on, ok you can read it without joining, but you still have to actively Google the site then look through all off the forums to find hers, so if anyone was indeed looking her up they are doing it for a reason not because the stumbled across it looking for salad recipes. Also as far as I am aware she has not been welcomed here and for the most part this site does not engage with her.

Therefore she herself comes on here of her own accord to find stuff out about herself.

Now sweetie I am from a small town. The gossip there was rife. You didn't go seeking it out, even if you knew you were being talked about as you knew if you kept your nose clean that next week Xxxx would be topic of choice, however you yourself keep adding gossip fuel to the fire.

Reactions: 29
R Jackie implies that Louisa left abruptly and without warning. That is probably because she is so self absorbed that she was unable to read the signs that Louisa was unhappy.
This is so bang on the nose that it made me do a little squeak. When I left my husband, everyone (except my mum, but let's not approach that horrible feeling I get when I think about that) said something to me that was basically a version of 'WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?' No one had any doubt why I'd left, without even knowing what went on behind closed doors, just how he behaved with me in public. He, on the other hand, was absolutely shocked and devastated. He couldn't understand it. He thought everything was great. He spent actual years thinking I would come back. I couldn't understand it at all at the time, how could he not see what an absolute tit show everything was? But of course, he wasn't thinking about me at all, just him, and he was quite happy with the way things were. The way he talked about our relationship was so strange to me, because it was nothing like the life I was leading. I hope Louisa has friends around her who are keeping her grounded.

Just in case Louisa is reading her account🙄🙄.
You’re 32 Jack, grow up.
I'm a witch, or at least in a bitchy mood this morning, because the idea of anyone over 16 putting song lyrics on a dramatically sad background and then actually posting it to the world, is making me snigger. What do you look like?

• Heart
Reactions: 72
Her mum seems to have a skill for making my heart pang - “I won’t be greedy” 😥
I feel really sorry for her mum. But I can’t be trusted with things like that because my mum passed away a long time ago and my instant reaction is “why is your mum having to tweet you to tell you she’s ill and ask you to bring her food?” and think “if my mum was alive I wouldn’t be like that...” but it does strike me as odd. Why is she speaking to her by tweet - has she been texting/phoning Jack and not getting an answer? Or is it a similar characteristic to Jack (letting people know she’s ill too). Either way, it makes me sad that a mum has to ask her daughter for help via Twitter

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
This is so bang on the nose that it made me do a little squeak. When I left my husband, everyone (except my mum, but let's not approach that horrible feeling I get when I think about that) said something to me that was basically a version of 'WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG?' No one had any doubt why I'd left, without even knowing what went on behind closed doors, just how he behaved with me in public. He, on the other hand, was absolutely shocked and devastated. He couldn't understand it. He thought everything was great. He spent actual years thinking I would come back. I couldn't understand it at all at the time, how could he not see what an absolute tit show everything was? But of course, he wasn't thinking about me at all, just him, and he was quite happy with the way things were. The way he talked about our relationship was so strange to me, because it was nothing like the life I was leading. I hope Louisa has friends around her who are keeping her grounded.

I'm a witch, or at least in a bitchy mood this morning, because the idea of anyone over 16 putting song lyrics on a dramatically sad background and then actually posting it to the world, is making me snigger. What do you look like?
I really emphasise with this @Flumps, it really amazed me when I left one relationship that was making me miserable how the other person could have such a different perspective of how the past few years had been. I think sometimes people only see what they want to in relationships which is a cautionary tale in itself. These days I always try to encourage a gentle “temperature check” every few months in my relationships, a gentle chat about how we are each finding things and if there’s anything that’s not working so well for either individual etc. It really seems to help.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
R Jackie implies that Louisa left abruptly and without warning. That is probably because she is so self absorbed
Also, Louisa left around the time of DKL and lockdown. Maybe she saw Jackie's true colours then - she got overwrought when presenting, made a huge drama out of it, then she discovered Tattle and had meltdowns. Louisa saw this 24/7 and then she bolted!

Reactions: 16
I feel really sorry for her mum. But I can’t be trusted with things like that because my mum passed away a long time ago and my instant reaction is “why is your mum having to tweet you to tell you she’s ill and ask you to bring her food?” and think “if my mum was alive I wouldn’t be like that...” but it does strike me as odd. Why is she speaking to her by tweet - has she been texting/phoning Jack and not getting an answer? Or is it a similar characteristic to Jack (letting people know she’s ill too). Either way, it makes me sad that a mum has to ask her daughter for help via Twitter
Hmmm I dunno I’m getting some pass agg vibes off Eve’s tweet. If that’s the case then I feel for Jack, it’s hard to be on the receiving end of that in public.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Just in case Louisa is reading her account🙄🙄.
You’re 32 Jack, grow up.
But Louisa is head commissioner at channel 4 right? And wasn’t JO’s lockdown larder programme on C4? So maybe Louisa got a load of grief for not using her influence to get Jack the gig?
Jack gave the impression in her JO twitter rant that she had insider knowledge (Louisa) that her name was “in the ring” for the carry on cooking show. However we have heard since that Jamie’s company developed the show themselves and took it to channel 4, so her name would never have been bought up. 🤷🏼‍♀️ Plus she seemed to have crossed wires over the actual point of the show, it was to inspire the nation to cook with what was available at the time, not on a budget like Jack seemed to think. Even on DKL she didn’t seem to understand what it was about, she was just obsessed with rolling her eyes and scoffing at the “fancy” ingredients.
Back to Louisa, the JO thing must have been embarrassing, I do wonder if it was mentioned at work. Jack also treated her terribly during DKL, blaming her over and over again for her mistakes. And when she was high on the twitter attention she put her down and made some snippy comments. She seemed to completely take L for granted and was likely too wrapped up in herself to see it. I really can’t blame her for leaving, shame Jack can’t see how she went wrong there.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
Hmmm I dunno I’m getting some pass agg vibes off Eve’s tweet. If that’s the case then I feel for Jack, it’s hard to be on the receiving end of that in public.
I see what you mean. From a layperson’s point of view and I’m literally NOT an expert, it doesn’t look healthy.

It wouldn’t be nice to be on the receiving end of that publicly, and you would hope that would maybe make JM less likely to do the same to other people 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 16
This Taylor Swift nonsense is hilarious. Like, one of my favourite bands has a new album out* and all I've done is say to some friends, "Have you heard the new X album? I like it." This is because I am an adult. 🤷🏼‍♀️

And Christ, it's TAYLOR SWIFT ffs...

* no further details because said band is very specific to the region where I live, and I know R Jackie loves a triangulation challenge...

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.