Jack Monroe #52 Am I awful and nobody has ever told me?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Quick catch up -

Vans & converse 🙌 I have big feet and I cant be dealing with bulky trainers on my clown feet!

Emo Jack - she is unstable (at the moment?) And at her age to be posting about taylor swift lyrics is sad. I dont feel sorry for her anymore, she uses her MH to excuse her cuntiness and it doesnt wash. There comes a point where you have to just own it and be accountable to your own behaviours. You have to be aware of your triggers and reactions.

Greek/mum/food - FIND YOUR IDENTITY AND OWN IT. Her mum def seems abit snippy in that tweet but who could blame her? And didnt jack say her mum had an established vine in her garden? Go see your sick mum and make her some food 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I see what you mean. From a layperson’s point of view and I’m literally NOT an expert, it doesn’t look healthy.

It wouldn’t be nice to be on the receiving end of that publicly, and you would hope that would maybe make JM less likely to do the same to other people 🤷🏻‍♀️
There has been some odd communication from them both throughout lockdown. Seems very strange. Just pick up the phone ffs. But then perhaps Jackie is too busy tweeting to answer texts/phone calls? 🤷🏼‍♀️

If my mum was following me on social media I would certainly be very careful to not alarm her (or anyone else) with emotionally charged, worrying posts. It’s so strange

Reactions: 42
There has been some odd communication from them both throughout lockdown. Seems very strange. Just pick up the phone ffs. But then perhaps Jackie is too busy tweeting to answer texts/phone calls? 🤷🏼‍♀️
Just my opinion m'lud, but I reckon a lot of the bitching about her lack of childcare 🙄over the past few months have had very little to do with SB's father and is more to do with her mum being sick / quarantined so she can't look after him as much as she usually can.

Reactions: 34
Hmmm I dunno I’m getting some pass agg vibes off Eve’s tweet. If that’s the case then I feel for Jack, it’s hard to be on the receiving end of that in public.
Who the hell has a private conversation like that on any SM platform. Wouldn't it have been easier to have a quick phone call to ask, "can you pick some of those up for me when you are next in ASDA?" (COOP or Sainsbury's do similar too). Or she could have had a giggle and asked "can you cook me some of those?" She could have just done a text message if she was BUSY.

I agree there are undercurrents of animosity between Jackie and her mum. Surely they would be in daily contact by phone/facetime etc during a pandemic. Both of them are supposed to be at risk, so if they cared for each other they would make time for each other.

I speak to my sister daily, just to make sure things are OK (she is in an at risk group too), and to assure her I am doing OK. We have a normal relationship where we care about, and for, each other. We do not have private conversations via a public forum for all to see.

Everything about JM relationships with family and other people is strange.

Reactions: 55
Has she had some sort of divine intervention. I miss my home, but I made the choice to move away and I didn't do it lightly. My original move was only supposed to be temporary but then stuff happened and I never moved back.

There are times when I really miss it, miss my family, friends, the food, the places or I just miss it because it's home. I go back as often as I and inhale as much of it as I can but I accept that will always be my home but no longer is.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
She's acting as though she spent an idyllic childhood in Cyprus before she was dramatically exiled to Southend. Double mention of lemons fresh from the tree too, interesting for someone so invested in not actually ever cooking with them.
"A tree that's been uprooted"... you're bloody third gen from a white European country and you and your Dad grew up in Southend! She's do desperate to pigeon hole any sort of identity isn't she?! This is absolutely doing my head in! I'm third gen southern European, and while I am proud of my family heritage, go to community meet ups still, and love the recipes my Nonna and Nonno shared with me etc, it absolutely doesn't define me as a person and I certainly wouldn't call the country 'Motherland'. It's actually completely laughable.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
"A tree that's been uprooted"... you're bloody third gen from a white European country and you and your Dad grew up in Southend! She's do desperate to pigeon hole any sort of identity isn't she?! This is absolutely doing my head in! I'm third gen southern European, and while I am proud of my family heritage, go to community meet ups still, and love the recipes my Nonna and Nonno shared with me etc, it absolutely doesn't define me as a person and I certainly wouldn't call the country 'Motherland'. It's actually completely laughable.
Her 'motherland' comment made me chuckle. Shes from southend ffs. Im second gen Irish, my mum will always call ireland home. I lived in ireland for a while as a teen but was born and raised in london. I wouldnt call ireland the motherland ffs 😂

Size 42s mate. But I am tall, and as my mother used to say I'd look daft with small feet
43 here 🤡

• Haha
Oh god, that message from her mum!

Dear Heart Jack, she’s so so so self obsessed that her mum is apparently very poorly, and yet still having to contact her through SM. What bullshit, also, about getting the vine leaves from her mum’s. Surely, if she had got them from there, then she’d have already said she’d bring some back for her sick mum. Also wondering if her mum’s illness was the reason for her having to come back so angrily from Edinburgh?

I don’t always have the smoothest relationship with my mum, but I’m not even an “expert on food” and my mum wouldn’t have to even ask for me to bring her nice meals if she was very poorly. Especially as she’s hinted at using her mum regularly for childcare, the relationship can’t be too bad!

I won’t have it blamed on autism either. For one thing, the story of her diagnosis is bullshit. For another, I have a child with autism and nothing gets past them in terms of other people’s health and needs. Autism doesn’t make you a selfish dementor, Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

If my mum was following me on social media I would certainly be very careful to not alarm her (or anyone else) with emotionally charged, worrying posts. It’s so strange
Jack’s mum must be used to it at this point after so many years. It sounds horrible but dealing with people like this is emotionally exhausting especially when you know that person is ‘fine’ (meaning anything from just being manipulative to being genuinely fleetingly upset but not at risk of harm)

Not going to armchair diagnose her, but if her behaviour is caused by mental illness she needs to learn to limit her cries for help to prevent a ‘boy who cried wolf’ situation. Learning to evaluate your own mental health and self soothe is so important for recovery as well as protecting the people around you

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Her homeland ffs

We have all had corona, my children are grown up, one is still at home and the other one lives with her partner, she brought us food and baked for us whilst we couldn't go out.

She should also have got married during lockdown, and it broke my heart not being able to see her let along hug her or her lovely partner on that day

• Heart
  • Sad
Who the hell has a private conversation like that on any SM platform. Wouldn't it have been easier to have a quick phone call to ask, "can you pick some of those up for me when you are next in ASDA?" (COOP or Sainsbury's do similar too). Or she could have had a giggle and asked "can you cook me some of those?" She could have just done a text message if she was BUSY.

I agree there are undercurrents of animosity between Jackie and her mum. Surely they would be in daily contact by phone/facetime etc during a pandemic. Both of them are supposed to be at risk, so if they cared for each other they would make time for each other.

I speak to my sister daily, just to make sure things are OK (she is in an at risk group too), and to assure her I am doing OK. We have a normal relationship where we care about, and for, each other. We do not have private conversations via a public forum for all to see.

Everything about JM relationships with family and other people is strange.
I just assumed it was bants. Possibly to show the warm relationship between Jack and her mum.

Reactions: 4
She's acting as though she spent an idyllic childhood in Cyprus before she was dramatically exiled to Southend. Double mention of lemons fresh from the tree too, interesting for someone so invested in not actually ever cooking with them.
She's really going for this Greek identity isn't she? "Feel like a tree that's been uprooted". "the motherland". She is making it sound like she lived there, born and bred. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 37
The Greek thing is ridiculous. My parents come from two different continents, and I was born and raised on a third. My dad was the son of immigrants himself, which throws another country into the mix.

I lived in a few places growing up, and now I am settled somewhere completely different. It means that my background is quite complex to explain (and actually extremely triangulatable, because I have a lot of rather strange countries in there!). I don't have much of a concept of "home"; anywhere I go, I'll be foreign - although I feel very welcome and happy where I live now.

Ultimately, though, I'm the product of my own experiences. My granddad left his home country to work on the railroad - I don't feel a rush of genetic nostalgia when I get on a train.

Jack has lived all her life in the same town, apart from when she was in London with Allegra. She speaks with an accent that is undeniably English. Even her wistful talk about her Greek name...Melissa is a lot less obvious than, say, Ianthe. Oh well. I suppose her Greek phase is less offensive than when she was torturing cats.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 79
Not sure what I find more embarrassing. Posting generic break up lyrics like a teenager (not sure if gen-Z teenagers these days would do that), or the written-for-the -reader-not-myself journal pages from yesterday.

Reactions: 27
Oh ffs it's Edinburgh all over again. Jack you're English, get over it.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.