Jack Monroe #510 Simply The guest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Adam Rutherford seems to be on again in the evening.
I have never been to Hay Festival but I don't think guest's self indulgent ill informed honking rambles will go down terribly well tbh.
I imagine the audience are used to entertaining (❎) interesting (❎) and informative (❎) discussion. Quite why they signed up to see her in the first place then is a mystery obviously. And it is sold as talking about Grifty Kitchen - so lengthy asides about 'and then the fire service made it impossible for me to stay and then I had to carry my {dramatic pause} crying son to a foodbank and we lived on toothpaste and cardboard for a year' will hopefully just baffle them.
They will all be watching her.......

1685347004042.png

And surely Tarquin and Taramasalata will be in the pub somewhere drinking cider and braying like donkeys at each others "hilarious" jokes. Well, the ones that aren't at Daddy and Mummy/Mistress* second home in Tuscany

*delete as appropriate

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Nobody with a five bed house, big car and two working parents has ever been considered poor by any metric. HTH!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
I wonder which book she will be giving away today. I imagine adrian like Bridget jones boss in the news and openly tells her, 'jack love the new book is bollocks, just chuck out anything else, i mean its all bollocks but we need to give them something.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Nobody with a five bed house, big car and two working parents has ever been considered poor by any metric. HTH!
And they only tent any of them will have been in is (a) a beer tent or (b) one of those glamping things. Which isn't really tenting
---
I wonder which book she will be giving away today. I imagine adrian like Bridget jones boss in the news and openly tells her, 'jack love the new book is bollocks, just chuck out anything else, i mean its all bollocks but we need to give them something.
He'll have been busy buying up copies of Beastiality Though The Ages as I bet it would still go down better that one of her books

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’m sticking with my estimate of 150 tickets . This is based on the Wye stage having 400 seats, being about twice the size of the hive tent but having a more chair friendly shape- you will get more rows in a squared shape than an oval
Ariel and map shots of the festival from their insta, audience photo from Tan Twan’s Instagram from yesterdays bookers prize winners event on the Wye stage View attachment 2201739
Hotes, obviously I would have bought at least 50 tickets like the ebil troll I am but alas I’ve not been paid by my troll farm/pr cover up overloads yet 😂😉😂. That, and I’d rather stick pumble in my ears, down a slow cooker of tea and eat a prune smoothie bowl depicting all my dead childhood pets than my waste time and money
That audience! Look at them. No diversity whatsoever.
White, middle class, middle England, retired teachers taking the concession tickets, looking to save a few pennies and expecting to learn more about poor people by hearing Jack prattle on.
The people in this audience, or audiences of that type have never been poor and are never likely to be.

Poor people don’t have the money to buy a ticket to hear this. They know their lived experience and this isn’t it.

Jack’s basically a media friendly version of what a poor person looked like. None of them have been confronted by poverty and so they can’t tell the difference. This is nothing that hasn’t been said in any the 500-odd threads before, I’m sorry.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
That audience! Look at them. No diversity whatsoever.
White, middle class, middle England, retired teachers taking the concession tickets, looking to save a few pennies and expecting to learn more about poor people by hearing Jack prattle on.
The people in this audience, or audiences of that type have never been poor and are never likely to be.

Poor people don’t have the money to buy a ticket to hear this. They know their lived experience and this isn’t it.

Jack’s basically a media friendly version of what a poor person looked like. None of them have been confronted by poverty and so they can’t tell the difference. This is nothing that hasn’t been said in any the 500-odd threads before, I’m sorry.
Row of Rage Nans in the front row 😂🙄

1685347829043.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Sober aye, 🙄 No drink taken obvs but I’m sure there was snow!

Gay today is it? Does that mean Chessney Honks has dumped her?

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Omg, "three" raves Jackie?! And quite clearly aimed only at her detractors. What a life. Also, I'm going to say it - her nose looks bigger... The bridge is indistinguishable now.

• Wow
Reactions: 42
Omg, "three" raves Jackie?! And quite clearly aimed only at her detractors. What a life. Also, I'm going to say it - her nose looks bigger... The bridge is indistinguishable now.
The hired muscle must be knackered after that and her stabvest must honk 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
The blurred earrings are back! Yay!!!!

I'm really pleased for her that she's sober.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.