Jack Monroe #510 Simply The guest

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her nose to top lip area really does looks startlingly like Daniella W in this. I genuinely hope for her sake it’s just the filter and angle.

At least the pov jumper might be in the wash, we can but hope.
Prolly a bit warm in the 'tent of tedium' for the pov jumper.
I, for one am pleased she appears to be just sitting normally in a chair without putting her dirty feet all over the upholstery.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
You mean you haven't read Grifty Kitchen from cover to cover? Guest promotes using the lint from the filter to start fires and reusing the condensed water for something (I forget what now).
Mercifully it never made it to a bookshop here. And i wasn't paying amazon to ship it here 😂😂🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Is she developing some self-awareness at last? It might be my imagination but she actually looks a bit embarrassed to have to face Grifty Kitchen.
You picked up on it too…..closed off, not looking at the interviewer despite his body position being open and trying to make eye contact etc.

Is she left or right handed?

Reactions: 21
Maybe I'm missing something, but I thought the original joke on here made fun of the fact that she claims to be so diverse, and despite being whiter than mayonnaise is ready to centre black voices etc., all the while her audience is clearly not that. To make fun of the fact that most people at Hay seem to be older, female and white is a bit ridiculous. It's like laughing at the fact that only teenagers go to motives. And it does come across as ageist and misogynistic.

I'm happy for anyone who likes to spend their time and money at a literary festival. It's no better or worse than going to a sports event, music festival or comic con. I pity all the people who looked at the programme, thought 'that looks interesting ' and have to listen to her nonsense. Her die hard fans are beyond saving at this point.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
She's got the wonky face that's an inevitable consequence of over use of fillers. It breaks down at different speeds and you end up with that uneven face if you just keep topping up. Women who've been at it for years end up looking like they've had a stroke (see Kris Jenner).Get the injectables in your 20 quid budget you disingenuous sack of tit.

Reactions: 44
And I can’t believe we have to tell you we’re allowed to have negative reactions something that perpetuates bad attitudes about older women, soz babe.
Many of us are in our 30s and 40s and are keenly aware that we don’t have long before we’re going to be written off by huge swathes of our society as menopausal old bags, regardless of what we’re actually capable of. We see it happen to friends and co-workers and family members and we’re dreading the day it happens to us. So don’t be surprised if some of us are a bit 😡 at “jokes” at older women’s expense. We’re allowed to joke about Jack’s audience because they’re Jack’s audience, but we’re very much not joking about their post-menopausal status. That’s not fair game.
Thank you, from one of those newly diagnosed old bags ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I think the diversity of the crowd point is just gently mocking the fact that she thinks she's Queerio Queen Leader of the Oppressed when her fans are always 50+ white people who look like they got lost on the way to the tea shop at a National Trust site.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Maybe she tried to whistle blow on Phillip Schofield and that is the reason she has been so cruelly and painstakingly sidelined ever since.
Nothing to do with raw pasta and bollock sausages.
Dr Ranj did say after he whistle blew that he “lost his slot”.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.