Jack Monroe #509 The Silence of the Scams.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What if she's so quiet because, in preparation for her appearance on QT, she's researching and reading books and trying to actually learn something about policy and poverty and effective change that is proven to improve quality of life?

Did anyone else literally laugh along with the gif??

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I think she’s quiet because she’s been WARNED, probably by Adrian - he can only get her gigs if she limits her tweeting to stuff he’s approved. But most people won’t pay any attention to her likes so as long as she doesn’t like anything really out there he probably doesn’t give a tit, hence still liking things, especially those that seem like subtle messages to people.

It would explain the seeming explosion in possible socks too, she’s got her phone as normal and the WARNED only applies to her main account.
Oh, she's definitely been warned. Too bad that the last tweet she made, and so the first tweet that everyone has seen when they look at her account, is a self-pitying lie about a "suspiciously coordinated" attack on her with absolutely no proof. Way to represent your brand, sunshine. You seem fun, Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Oh, she's definitely been warned. Too bad that the last tweet she made, and so the first tweet that everyone has seen when they look at her account, is a self-pitying lie about a "suspiciously coordinated" attack on her with absolutely no proof. Way to represent your brand, sunshine. You seem fun, Jack.
All of the last few tweets she's left up are a dumpster fire of paranoid delusion.

• Sad
Reactions: 26
Why don’t any of her Twitter fans ask where the recipes are as opposed to all the navel-gazing posts?
She’s right up in my niche. I went to Uni in the nineties and lived off £10/week food budget cooking from scratch, (involved a lot of potatoes, eggs and soya mince) like a lot of other people. None of it was disgusting slop. I demand my £70K kickstarter plus patreon money, it’s discrimination if I don’t get it!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
They‘ve asked for suggestions for ’books which have changed your life’ on Radio 4 for Saturday Live which is coming from the Hay Festival tomorrow. I hope someone suggests Cooking on a Bootstrap as being a seminal moment in the realisation how grifters are propped up by MSM.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Oh god, the only thing more boring that question time is when she is on it. Her agent is literally booking her into everything he can... to get her out there, only to receive backlash. When will they realize thus ship hath sailed.
I remember watching QT with my parents, my dear father used to shout at the tv. I gave him a sponge brick for throwing purposes one Christmas x I might ask to borrow it for next week

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I was just confirming our online shop and adding some toiletries we’re getting low on and had a moment of pause when I added our shower gel… just some cheap radox blue-flavoured stuff for Mr & Mrs, and the lads like that tingly mint tea tree one the perverts, and I went to order some bars of soap for the spare room en suite as we’ve a relative staying soon.

Then… was just baffled how guest pretended she boiled soap to make shower gel. Paying no heed to a) faff, b) cost of using kettle, c) sheer logistics of it.

Why wouldn’t you just water it down? Or use the soap on your body and lather up a sponge for yer hair. She just makes everything up from US TV shows or Victorian pov tales doesnt she (probably ate soap flakes to clean the bowels etc).

She’s actually mad.
Because she doesn’t wash, dear ❤. There is no way somebody who washes *every* day would go through that faff, when you can buy shower gel(or soap!) for a quid in Superdrugs/Boots/Pound shop.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
My OH LEFT but came back with a new kettle. Will I say 'why you sob, Russell hobb' softly, gently to myself every time I go in the kitchen?

Yes, absolutely x

Ps don't try to 🍉 me by my pink kitchen. WARNED

View attachment 2197496

Edit for 🥕
Completely OT, but loooooook at your plug sockets 💕
---
I’ve not watched QT since I appeared on it 🍕

So I’m not watching it now in case Jack outshines me ⚰

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
My OH LEFT but came back with a new kettle. Will I say 'why you sob, Russell hobb' softly, gently to myself every time I go in the kitchen?

Yes, absolutely x

Ps don't try to 🍉 me by my pink kitchen. WARNED

View attachment 2197496

Edit for 🥕
Love the pink kitchen but be careful with that Russel Hobbs kettle .WARNED.
My daughter has same kettle. I was babysitting at her house today and the glass broke when I took the lid off to fill it.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
I was very fond of The Alex, but I was a very young looking teenager so I had to wait till I was 18 to go most places, including The Alex. Probably for the best because with hindsight I was completely unable to read people with bad intentions (and that inability is one of the ways autism makes even ‘clever’ people more vulnerable) and probably would have got in worse tit if I’d had a wider range of places to meet people with bad intentions.
Jack definitely tried to inveigle herself at the Railway and the Mews. I didn’t go to the Cliff much back in the day (I’m B but unless I’d been specifically invited by an L or G friend to go there I didn’t); maybe she did go there and I just never saw her cos if I was out it probably wasn’t there. But yes to the Railway, very much so, that was the main place I saw her with no friends of her own but trying to get in with people. It is sad really.

P.S. the last time I actually went out when I was back was a Sunday afternoon, and the Alex was like a boring family sort of pub! What’s that about? It had HIGHCHAIRS! 😱
I used to frequent the Alex, very very occasionally the Cliff and when I was more late teens the post. Probably know all of your faces 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 18
What if she's so quiet because, in preparation for her appearance on QT, she's researching and reading books and trying to actually learn something about policy and poverty and effective change that is proven to improve quality of life?

no need, just insert "food prices have gone up 342% [or whatever the percentage was, I can't remember]" and job's a good'un

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Ratings? Barely 200 people watching her on Instagram (the same person who claims to have a Glastonbury Festival-sized audience), and she thought that was good?!
Instagram really is not her medium.

ETA: Is shrunken head/claw hand an Instagram exclusive or was it crossposted to other channels?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.