Jack Monroe #509 The Silence of the Scams.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I reckon the tuxedo jacket with pens in the pocket cos it’s professional. Or that crappy tweedy blazer thing.
If that bleeping faux leather lapelled tuxedo makes an appearance, it's because it's walked on by itself.
Honking.
No way does she pay to have it cleaned.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
When QT introduce her as "activist and anti-poverty campaigner" even though there hasn't been a peep out of her during an historic cost of living crisis apart from whingeing about her own situation and posting endless selfies 😬

Wonder if she'll show up with regurgitated prawns in her hair this time?

Opening yourself up to more pairs of eyes on national TV when you're refusing to disclose what's happened to an unknown sum of money you solicited for a nonexistent legal case is definitely an...interesting choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
I hope someone asks her about the Veiny Bollocks Idiocy. Keeping it polite but setting her up and skewering her 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Oh god, the only thing more boring that question time is when she is on it. Her agent is literally booking her into everything he can... to get her out there, only to receive backlash. When will they realize thus ship hath sailed.

Reactions: 30
Yes I agree - the magazine was out to get him maliciously.
However I thought it was interesting that the issue of fund raising under supposed false pretences was being examined. Whatever the outcome of this case or motivation behind it.
Sorry, I hope the original post didn't come across as argumentative. I wasn't aiming it at you, just saying in general. ❤ The fundraising aspect is interesting. I think (and hope) celebs will need to be a lot more diligent regarding charities, influencers etc in the future.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Oh god, the only thing more boring that question time is when she is on it. Her agent is literally booking her into everything he can... to get her out there, only to receive backlash. When will they realize thus ship hath sailed.
99f2e59ccfe162adbf56d39461f87e55.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
But Jack is so ignorant and ill-informed. She gets even the most basic facts completely wrong, even in relation to things she claims to be an expert on. She could end up exposing her stupidity to a huge audience. It has the potential to go really rather wrong for her.
Good

too fkn short

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I feel like I'm in some sort of time warp. This is like a new form of the 70's/80's when some celeb had done something hideous and was on all the front pages of the red tops, then they went on all the chat shows and eventually everyone said 'Awwww. They aren't so bad'. ITV are still trying to do this. Huh.

Jack will be like the Bernard Manning of the povs getting wheeled out on the after dinner circuit 😂.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
Do we think there’s a possibility Agent Adrian is leaning into Jack the Villain? Did she ever do that thing with Andrew Neil that also had something to do with mom’s POS ex? My eyebrows raised a bit when I saw that as it looked like she could be heading towards GBeebies talking head territory herself (though maybe GBeebies adjacent given recent events…).

Anyone with half a brain would know this would never go well for her and that she’ll be shite at it, even before all of this kicked off. But if she was booked a while ago as suggested by @Seaford Haggington, then perhaps Agent Adrian has been letting the haterz h8 knowing this would get the ninnies and hellsite RAGING when QT was announced. tit for Jack, great for engagement/ratings etc. Making a career out of the hellsite loving to dislike her might be a v calculated move on his part and the only salvageable one possible. Goes without saying that if this is the case, I bleeping HATE it.

ETA also QT has scammy, horrible cunts on it all the time. Not equating the two at all just making a point about what is within the MO of a show like that, but when the BNP were a thing they’d get Nick Griffin on, on the reg. The response they’ll get to guest and her shite will be tiny by comparison, though I agree it will still expose her grift to a much wider audience.
'Any publicity is good publicity' might be Agent Adrian's new mantra but it would be a last resort, I think. He's booked her some very safe events (Stroud) and tried to rehabilitate her image with the pov quiche volunteering. That said, it's possible he's given up and is simply trying to keep her name in the public eye. You're right that people often generate more engagement when they're a figure of derision/hate - Jack's bff Katie Hopkins used to be a good example of that before she went too far.

Bring on the Question Time chaos! 🥳

ETA: Not to be a fun sponge, but I do have reservations about Jack's appearance on QT. I feel as though she'll be an easy target for any Conservatives or centrists who think left-wing people are nutters. She'll just reinforce that image, I mean. I know Jack's not really a leftist but she's always presented as the face of the poors/woke/LGBT.

Reactions: 45
I'm still in shock over her being invited on to Question Time 😂
Just why? What has she got to say about anything? She was briefly 'poor' well over a decade ago. She doesn't do anything useful - no free recipes, no price index, no campaigning, no signposting. She actually has extracted money from poor people via various spurious fundraisers where she is the sole beneficiary. She has actively made poor people poorer. You may as well ask my dog for his views on things.

Thank duck I stopped paying my licence fee.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I'm still in shock over her being invited on to Question Time 😂
Just why? What has she got to say about anything? She was briefly 'poor' well over a decade ago. She doesn't do anything useful - no free recipes, no price index, no campaigning, no signposting. She actually has extracted money from poor people via various spurious fundraisers where she is the sole beneficiary. She has actively made poor people poorer. You may as well ask my dog for his views on things.

Thank duck I stopped paying my licence fee.
I’m just thinking of making a complaint to the BBC about this. It’s absolutely disgusting thst she’s been invited on there. Do better Beeb.

ETA: bet that pov jumper will get yet another day out!!!

Reactions: 38
I would love to know what value or insight [email protected] thinks she will bring to the debate.

She basically got.told to sit down and shut the duck up by Andy Neil and Portillo on Daily Politics, because she was talking *checks notes* bollocks.

Then there was the "my Grandad is dead". Either they are desperate or someone hasn't done any digging to check she isn't associated with any scandals or anything since the last time they needed a seat warmer. I hope they fact check everything before she says it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I would love to know what value or insight [email protected] thinks she will bring to the debate.

She basically got.told to sit down and shut the duck up by Andy Neil and Portillo on Daily Politics, because she was talking *checks notes* bollocks.

Then there was the "my Grandad is dead". Either they are desperate or someone hasn't done any digging to check she isn't associated with any scandals or anything since the last time they needed a seat warmer
Don't get me wrong it will be hilarious and I can't wait. I know the live commentary here will be wonderful. Mentally preparing my snacks already 😂
But still baffled why anyone would ask her opinion on anything ever.

Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.