Jack Monroe #509 The Silence of the Scams.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Da fuuuuck, why would you put yourself through that omg. Shes either delusional or a masochist.
She looked gripped by a terror on Meridian News and that was a pre-record. I don't know why anyone would go on Question Time if they could avoid it.

Reactions: 48
Slightly random venue for a guest appearance and not the easiest place to get to from her gaff. Should be interesting * insert popcorn gif*

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Must be someone else. She's never on the TV, by choice.
Hasn't had the media training yet.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Going back to the Hopkins case, guest even elevenrifes herself in the Guardian and says it took 2 years of her life:
When the trial actually only took 3 days. I know she’d claim it had taken over her life for that whole time with her 6 ring binders of nasty things people said but sheesh.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Going back to the Hopkins case, guest even elevenrifes herself in the Guardian and says it took 2 years of her life:
When the trial actually only took 3 days. I know she’d claim it had taken over her life for that whole time with her 6 ring binders of nasty things people said but sheesh.
Just 3 days?! bleep

When I was giving evidence it took 3 weeks.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
ETA I've posted useless rubbish given others comments above. But it's here now. Toot toot!!

Kickstarter at the time had the total pledged on it so no estimates needed. If I remember right it was circa 70k yes.
And don't forget she then begged for more money to post the wretched things out

• Angry
Reactions: 29
I would be too embarrassed to show my face to the sun in my own back yard and yet here she is going on Question Time!
Babe, same x Sometimes I really struggle with the second hand embarrassment. She's absolutely shameless. I suppose there could be a THEN and NOW situation? And she won't attend? She can't, can she 😱.

Many, many years ago (almost 30!) Part of our job was managing very small social funds for our residents with pretty much no supervision or support. It got to about August where I used to start looking at how much was in the fund and thinking about booking Christmas trips/meals, that sort of thing. And whether it could be 'free' or needed a small contribution. Bearing in mind everything was paid for in cash back then and any money raised by a weekly 'social club' payments etc. from residents was also in cash. So lots of coins that needed to be bagged up and exchanged for notes.

Anyhooooo...this particular August I just could not get the books/cash to tally up. It was for some piffling amount that I can't remember but it was a few quid at most. I got myself into a terrible state, completely convinced I was going to be arrested and sent to prison for fraud. How, I don't know because no one checked, but still. Eventually after a terrible two days and sleepness nights I remembered! The tin of 1 and 2 pence pieces that I'd put aside because they were a pain in the arse to count and bag. I counted them up, the books balanced and all was well. But I still go all hot and funny just thinking about that even now. I just can't imagine trying to brazen out scams on Jack's level.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
I’ve been in the audience at QT, you have to submit 2 potential questions when you apply, but when you’re waiting for the show to begin you have to submit another question, based on recent news and the panel. They then choose 6/7 out of those ones. They do one before it goes live to check on camera angles and to fluff up the audience a bit. Not sure but it’s possible the panel know the questions before it goes live. They would never allow anyone to ask a question on Jacks behaviour, although it would be easy for a follow up question to get a dig in.

Reactions: 57
But Jack is so ignorant and ill-informed. She gets even the most basic facts completely wrong, even in relation to things she claims to be an expert on. She could end up exposing her stupidity to a huge audience. It has the potential to go really rather wrong for her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Coming from a few pages back. So it was estimated she raised £70k for the kickstarter? I gathered this from a previous poster, apologies if incorrect. I’ve only been here for a year / 32 chaos’s.

Given the apparent poor quality and the fact that many people didn’t receive them, was it assumed that she just kept the money?
Absolutely!

• Sick
Reactions: 19
I’ve been in the audience at QT, you have to submit 2 potential questions when you apply, but when you’re waiting for the show to begin you have to submit another question, based on recent news and the panel. They then choose 6/7 out of those ones. They do one before it goes live to check on camera angles and to fluff up the audience a bit. Not sure but it’s possible the panel know the questions before it goes live. They would never allow anyone to ask a question on Jacks behaviour, although it would be easy for a follow up question to get a dig in.
Will be interesting to see that the hellsite does with the hashtag. I dread to think in all honesty.

Reactions: 25
I have tried to find out how much panellists on QT get paid and it would appear to be expenses only. Anyone know if that is true?

• Wow
Reactions: 28
Wow, Agent Adrian is earning his money 😱

Seriously though, I don't think I can do this any more 😞 whatever she does, she keeps coming out of it and getting work. And QT is quite high profile 🙄

It is just frustrating that she is grifting the hell out of people and nobody cares 😡😡
Take heart fam. The comments under any QT promo will unmask the grift to thousands more.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.