Jack Monroe #509 The Silence of the Scams.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this is old news - no time to grunk! But I'm watching question time live on iplayer and they've just said Jack Monroe is on next week's show in Leicester
Did they say who else would be on with her?

Not 30p Lee, surely...?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Sorry if this is old news - no time to grunk! But I'm watching question time live on iplayer and they've just said Jack Monroe is on next week's show in Leicester
Why Leicester? Richard III didn’t spend 500 years under a car park for that.

• Haha
Reactions: 77
Dear ❤ I am not going to have this conversation on this thread and have already apologised for my comment. But wine had been taken and I was frustrated that there are 4 girls pictured in that article and only the one 2 feet taller than the others with an Adam's apple gets named. Apologies again for any offence given or taken xx
I think they only named sophie as she was the one that had the original idea , and she clearly has an interest in writing within her field based on the amount of “articles” she has written , like this one https://www.theprojectheal.org/blog/finding-the-faith-to-recover

• Wow
Reactions: 23
£65,789 came from backers paying £12 or more. For a 199 page b&w paperback.

That's £2 more than the 272 page full colour hardback edition of Grifty Kitchen.

Yet she still had to do an additional beg for the postage costs. And even then, it seems that many of her backers didn't ever receive their copy.

She's always been a fraud.
I just scrolled through the comments on the Kickstarter page… it’s such a mish mash of do gooder ‘be nice’ bleeding heart types and other backers who are gutted and quite rightly, want what they paid for.

It’s staggering that this alone didn’t sink Jack

Reactions: 36
Coming from a few pages back. So it was estimated she raised £70k for the kickstarter? I gathered this from a previous poster, apologies if incorrect. I’ve only been here for a year / 32 chaos’s.

Given the apparent poor quality and the fact that many people didn’t receive them, was it assumed that she just kept the money?
ETA I've posted useless rubbish given others comments above. But it's here now. Toot toot!!

Kickstarter at the time had the total pledged on it so no estimates needed. If I remember right it was circa 70k yes.

Reactions: 18
I would be too embarrassed to show my face to the sun in my own back yard and yet here she is going on Question Time!

• Haha
Reactions: 42
So has anyone heard from Canandbawl Begtor today or is it all still, as the title suggests, silence of the scams?
---
Why Leicester? Richard III didn’t spend 500 years under a car park for that.
It's got to be Leicester's turn by now. She can't keep imposing herself on Scottish people indefinitely...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
View attachment 2195783

I just don’t know if there’s enough duck OFF in the world for this.

I went to visit Ma Aeroplane as she’s a bit poorly. Southend is not in a good way. Well, the well-off bits of it are. But the bit we come from isn’t. I’m very sad and feeling a bit hollow this evening because I’ve been to a neighbourhood that’s unfortunately a lot more of a shithole than it was when I grew up there. Even then it was when I left there. From a visitor’s perspective - albeit a visitor who’s very attached - the already deprived bits of the town are being left to rot. The gaps between rich and poor areas have always been noticeable but they’re not gaps any more, they’re canyons. The kids are being failed (I’m too upset/angry/frustrated to go into this rn; need to collect thoughts more before posting about it if I do - but I’m so horrified at it, and not in a Socrates “children are bad mannered” and they always have been, sort of way) and I’m scared for their futures. Old poor people are frail and vulnerable and struggling to get the help they’re entitled to. duck off Jack Monroe, you have no bleeping idea about poverty, you do nothing to help poor people, you take up space and lie and lie and lie.
Jack with her audience bigger than Glastonbury’s pyramid stage could really advocate for us but nah that’s too much like actual work

• Angry
  • Sick
Wow, Agent Adrian is earning his money 😱

Seriously though, I don't think I can do this any more 😞 whatever she does, she keeps coming out of it and getting work. And QT is quite high profile 🙄

It is just frustrating that she is grifting the hell out of people and nobody cares 😡😡

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 65
Da fuuuuck, why would you put yourself through that omg. Shes either delusional or a masochist.

• Haha
Oh wouldn’t it be glorious if someone in the audience calls her out for being a big old fraudster!? Leicester based Fraus, now is your time to shine!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.