Jack Monroe #490 Isn't it laconic? Don't you think?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could you really imagine Big Dave the town trumpet standing by silently while all this is apparently going on? Unless he was complicit in it (which I doubt but sadly does happen) then he would be the first at the police station door.
I really can’t, but presumably he’s fine with her repeatedly implying that’s exactly what her parents did.

I truly believe if her parents, in particular Big D, actually put their foot down and told her to stop repeating that, calling their foster kids feral etc she would. But they aren’t and that’s very puzzling to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I'm ancient enough to remember the fatwa issued against Salman Rushdie, along with the public burning of copies of The Satanic Verses.

Jack, if you are reading this, and I know you are...

A couple of complaints to the Cambridge Lit Festival, along with nobody buying your latest book is NOT THE SAME THING.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
No, no tender one. Jack will be generously donating that money to a charity of her choosing. I'm sure it'll all be as transparent as mud and there'll be clear evidence of amounts donated and to whom.

How bleeping dense are the donating squigs though? If I'd sent cashos to sue a Tory MP then the case got dropped (or rather never started) and the benefactor of said cashos kindly offered my money to a charity I had no say in choosing, I'd be tweeting saying like duck you will, pal. Refund cashos. Who does she think she is, deciding what to do with other people's money? It's all bollox anyway as we know that money isn't resting in a separate account, it's been spent on kid's jumpers. It's all gone. This latest chaos has come at a good time for her as it'll be easy to deflect from her thieving in about a month's time when the tricky questions start. Skanky cow.
No doubt it will all go to The Trussell Trust 🙄 with no transparency at all.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
The old Red Bus gotcha from what, 4 years ago?! Baffled by this tweet, everyone knows it was a lie and she’s wheeling it out in all its irrelevance to distract people. It’s classic sitting-on-the-banks-shouting-at-stuff and never going up the river to solve the problem. She had a platform and totally fucked it, she’s too bleeping thick to campaign about anything. Bore off Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I'm ancient enough to remember the fatwa issued against Salman Rushdie, along with the public burning of copies of The Satanic Verses.

Jack, if you are reading this, and I know you are...

A couple of complaints to the Cambridge Lit Festival, along with nobody buying your latest book is NOT THE SAME THING.
Babe, same.
Also, as BiB is as iconic a line as ‘Mrs Peel, we’re needed’ I’d like to politely request it as a thread title. I love it when you say that, Emma!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Jack "accuracy is kinda my flex" Monroe doesn't realise that consultants aren't currently striking?

At least she didn't completely steal that guys tweet talking about. 15% pay rise as doctors are striking for pay restoration which is around 35%...

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Get on the amount of oh damn wish I could be there type replies on her post 🤣 tickets still being available 10 days before the event- looks like a flop. Surely this big circle of dear friends always free for a Sunday night shindig would want to be there and support her? She's not having to sell out the Albert Hall.
The circle of friends that never take pics of her at events and tag her in them?

I’m waiting for the replies to the lit fest saying “I was about to buy a ticket but am fearful to attend incase I get caught in the crossfire of death threats!”

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I'm no wiser for googling her, just puzzled why someone called Mandy Theresa O'Loughlin would be known professionally as Kit de Waal 🙄
Looking at her wiki, she does seem to have a real working class upbringing, she’s letting the side down not being able to see through Jack’s bullshit.

Reactions: 34
The old Red Bus gotcha from what, 4 years ago?! Baffled by this tweet, everyone knows it was a lie and she’s wheeling it out in all its irrelevance to distract people. It’s classic sitting-on-the-banks-shouting-at-stuff and never going up the river to solve the problem. She had a platform and totally fucked it, she’s too bleeping thick to campaign about anything. Bore off Jack.
It plays perfectly to her crowd of FBPE nanas and centrist melt dads, though. She’s going for the Russ in Cheshire/ Supertanskii demographic now (rightly so, after being roundly mocked for the Marxist-Leninist landlord dad MBE tit).

I'm no wiser for googling her, just puzzled why someone called Mandy Theresa O'Loughlin would be known professionally as Kit de Waal 🙄
She was married to Edmund de Waal’s barrister brother, to be fair to her.

Reactions: 30
She’s a writer who changed her name from Mandy O’Loughlin and whose mother was white and Irish and a foster carer and nurse and dad was a black bus driver from St Kitts (Sound familiar?). She was variously educated at grammar school or brought up in grinding poverty and left home at 16. She has made a career out of writing about growing up in care, being verbally abused for being Irish and Black and has two adopted children. Her ex-husband is a QC and she now lives a very middle class life.

She’s basically Jack, but older. And perfect for the Guardian

ETA according to her memoir last year, she was one of five and brought up as a Jehovah’s Witness. Can’t see any mention of foster kids.

• Wow
Reactions: 65
According to this breathless review of her memoir in the Guardian, this is why she’s called Kit:

The rough-and-tumble of childhood is also headily evoked, turning bloody during a game that involved jumping from one piece of bedroom furniture to the next. De Waal hit the bedstead with her chin and bit her tongue so hard she had to have six stitches. Her subsequent lisping pronunciation of the word “kiss” earned her the lifelong nickname, Kit.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
She’s a writer who changed her name from Mandy O’Loughlin and whose mother was white and Irish and a foster carer and nurse and dad was a black bus driver from St Kitts (Sound familiar?). She was variously educated at grammar school or brought up in grinding poverty and left home at 16. She has made a career out of writing about growing up in care, being verbally abused for being Irish and Black and has two adopted children. Her ex-husband is a QC and she now lives a very middle class life.

She’s basically Jack, but older. And perfect for the Guardian

ETA according to her memoir last year, she was one of five and brought up as a Jehovah’s Witness. Can’t see any mention of foster kids.
Omg I wonder if they’re both helping each other with their grifts. I tend not to believe anything I read now after the tit show that is Cack Monroe.

Reactions: 34
The big res bus story tweet makes me chuckle. I told my mum yesterday that both the nationlists and the unionists were numpties for kicking off again after all these years. Does that mean i compained against the current fleeting troubles in NI, did i duck!

Also the government don't wanna know her, boris actually met Marcus rashford and sorted tit out, he told her he Was too BUSY! ( he was sorting out the Ukraine at the time, but he never rescheduled, did he?)

Reactions: 24
I really can’t, but presumably he’s fine with her repeatedly implying that’s exactly what her parents did.

I truly believe if her parents, in particular Big D, actually put their foot down and told her to stop repeating that, calling their foster kids feral etc she would. But they aren’t and that’s very puzzling to me.
I think its likely her parents are on eggshells around her and the different surname protects them from a lot of association with her omnishambles. The way they have to call round and check on her, probably always threatening you know what when they've tried to modify her behaviour and verbal diarrhea.
---
Also lol at 'I petition the government for fair wages' like a queen interceding for her people. You do duck all. You haven't got the emperors ear.

Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.