Jack Monroe #483 The plans are going well, it’s the execution that seems to be lacking

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
scruffy brady here (the actual dog belonging to tory karren, not tom in his fursona) looks just like content and just as impressed at the candidates' food as content would be at some homemade dog biscuits

20230309_220918.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 27
TORTIES! ARGH!!! BLASTED AUTO 🥕!!!!!
Tbf, it wouldn't surprise me if my Mum's tortie was a One Nation Conservative. She's very withholding. It's taken 7 years for her to allow me to stroke her (in limitation), and whenever she sees my husband she bolts. I think he's got to put another 5 years in at least before she'll tolerate being in the same room as him. (She's an absolute adorable queen and I love her really).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
An old cushion with a random dog on it that came from your strange sitting room with pics of the time you went White Saviouring it up in Tanzania, MamaPapa, and the inspirational artwork on the wall. You know, behind the sofa where you sit facing away from them and can’t see them.
View attachment 2014456
“Oh MamaPapa, this truly is “a dwelling where one feels relaxed”, “a place where love and laughter flourishes”, and “a happy abode”! (Where old men have to vacuum when they come round because it’s so rank and I have a list of chores so long and deeply unpleasant that I’m amazed you don’t send me up the chimneys to sweep them with my toothbrush)”
View attachment 2014465
Christ almighty, her Home wall art is bougie as duck.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
When I was working in local government (housing dept) I sent a letter to 200 residents that began,
Dear *******.
That took some explaining.
---
I have done the same with the prefix “king”. I think I was not quite there that morning. I am not very good at this why am I not allowed to post on tattle? Am I not even allowed to BREATHE?

Apparently my post is too short so I’m using my words. Just like our Jackie.
ETA: it won’t let me use the word. It was re***ds

Also can we talk about the teachers strikes? I’m having to take time off work as an actual single mother and NHS worker ALL THE TIME. Is Jackie having any time off because SB’s off school?

Reactions: 17
I have just had a look at the programme.

you can pay £14 to hear Jack talk about The Poverty, or £25 to hear Nick Cave's wife talk about expensive dresses.

Such a pity I am busy on both days.
Kind of ironic that a real poor couldn’t afford that and the ones that can aren’t poor at all.

Reactions: 26
Kind of ironic that a real poor couldn’t afford that and the ones that can aren’t poor at all.
Quite. Jack only likes to be paid to talk about (her) poverty to nice middle class festivals and radio programmes.
Apart from mythical spells volunteering at foodbanks she does precisely duck all otherwise.

Reactions: 29
Quite. Jack only likes to be paid to talk about (her) poverty to nice middle class festivals and radio programmes.
Apart from mythical spells volunteering at foodbanks she does precisely duck all otherwise.
She said in her pre-DKL ”send Casho” rant that most of her income is from festivals. Talking and selling her signed books. Her career plan is based on the same strategy as a greedy cat - turn up for head pats and food wherever and whenever

• Haha
Reactions: 43
After all the negative publicity about the dangerous "tips" in Grifty Kitchen, and its, um, lukewarm reception, I can't imagine that wee Jackie is going to make much money at all from pushing copies of it at festivals.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
After all the negative publicity about the dangerous "tips" in Grifty Kitchen, and its, um, lukewarm reception, I can't imagine that wee Jackie is going to make much money at all from pushing copies of it at festivals.
It’s ok she’s got piles of unsold copies of her other books

• Haha
Reactions: 27
But can she remember what's in them?
On the British Library video she was making notes from her book while she waited to speak. Such a contrast to the other speaker who clearly knew her subject. I think I remember her looking things up from her copy of the book she was being asked to discuss at the Edinburgh Book Festival also.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Oh my Christ, the honk. Has she ever referred to it in her many, many ailment complaints (complailments?!)? Or do we think her failure to ever acknowledge it is due to her actually being a boring you-know-what hag and not wanting to draw attention? It's worse every time I hear her speak so there's clearly something up one way or the other....
From what I can remember, she's made vague allusions towards unspecified respiratory issues. And then there was the nose boner thing during the last all-night chaos. I don't think she's ever acknowledged it directly, but more experienced Frauen may have something to add that I've forgotten.
Just quoting you both to say that Jack did mention her sinus/respiratory issues in a recent-ish interview. According to her, the problem was caused by substandard accommodation. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Here's the full paragraph.

The effects of long-term poverty aren't just psychological. Now when she speaks, her nose sounds bunged up, as if she has a permanent cold. "I didn't always sound like this," she says apologetically. Living in low-grade housing, she explains, has done permanent damage to her respiratory and immune systems. Yet still she shouts through her foghorn, a permanent thorn in the side of whoever happens to be in power. If people don't like her abrasive style, then "bollocks to them, quite frankly".

Am I making it up, but didn't she actually say somewhere she was checking Tattle on her phone? When we were having our DKL watchalong parties?
Saying something like 'imagine having to read that when you are live on TV and trying your best'?
Haha, yes she did. 🤦‍♀️ I think it was referring to Twitter comments, but she definitely said something about her smol sad face. To be honest, I felt sorry for her at that moment (the feeling passed quite quickly).

a honking head.
Nearly choked on my drink. 'Honking head' is a great description. 😂

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
It's weird that her living arrangements were low grade enough to affect her respiratory system - to the point of deteriorating her lungs/nose/vocal chords forever - but none of her designer clothing, fancy bags, shoes or any of the other several metric tonnes of *stuff* in her gaff has ever been affected by damp, mould or any of the other issues that would arise by living in such conditions. Really, truly makes ya think.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
It's weird that her living arrangements were low grade enough to affect her respiratory system - to the point of deteriorating her lungs/nose/vocal chords forever - but none of her designer clothing, fancy bags, shoes or any of the other several metric tonnes of *stuff* in her gaff has ever been affected by damp, mould or any of the other issues that would arise by living in such conditions. Really, truly makes ya think.
When exactly was she living in such places?
Not when living in the terrace, then the 5 bed with Big Dave & co
Not when sharing with the Italian Somalian housemates
Not when in the executive flat
Not in the next flat
in the pov house share for about a year?
With Engagement PoliceLady?
With A Mc, in West Ldn? Nope.

scary that up to 1 year in poor housing in your 20s can destroy your health like that. Imagine if she’d got into the RAF, or Uni! She’d be deceased within a few years of living in digs n dorms!

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Frauen, I have been out with a gang of pals. I have drunk central London dry. But one thing that sobered me up was the sight of this in the pub we had supper in. Spoiler: we did not order it.
E5CE4D39-8870-45EC-B1A2-0F47C0A4CEF1.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 93
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.