Jack Monroe #483 The plans are going well, it’s the execution that seems to be lacking

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Frauen, I have been out with a gang of pals. I have drunk central London dry. But one thing that sobered me up was the sight of this in the pub we had supper in. Spoiler: we did not order it.
View attachment 2017380
This happened to another frau except they actually ordered the Pumble! Apparently it was nice (makes sense - Jack wasn't the one cooking). Isn't is strange that all these pumbles are suddenly appearing on our menus? Is it a plot? Are restaurants around the UK being infiltrated by Pumbles?

When exactly was she living in such places?
Not when living in the terrace, then the 5 bed with Big Dave & co
Not when sharing with the Italian Somalian housemates
Not when in the executive flat
Not in the next flat
in the pov house share for about a year?
With Engagement PoliceLady?
With A Mc, in West Ldn? Nope.

scary that up to 1 year in poor housing in your 20s can destroy your health like that. Imagine if she’d got into the RAF, or Uni! She’d be deceased within a few years of living in digs n dorms!
Exactly. :rolleyes: She's never had a problem with housing. It's a ridiculous lie.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Was she just glomming onto those properly, actually tragic stories about children literally dying in mouldy homes? She can latch onto those headlines but not get a joke about tomatoes. Really strange and unpleasant individual, which is news to no one.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
Was she just glomming onto those properly, actually tragic stories about children literally dying in mouldy homes? She can latch onto those headlines but not get a joke about tomatoes. Really strange and unpleasant individual, which is news to no one.
In fairness, she’s said The Poverty housing has damaged her and her child’s respiratory systems a few times over these past few years. Also, she is glomming on, of course.
Poor SB, maybe he should have been removed, he could have been fostered by his grandparents in their perfectly safe home.

Reactions: 41
But she can't prove she's actually ever been in poverty housing can she? For a person who lies constantly about ridiculous things, do you think I'm going to believe that?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Just quoting you both to say that Jack did mention her sinus/respiratory issues in a recent-ish interview. According to her, the problem was caused by substandard accommodation. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Here's the full paragraph.

The effects of long-term poverty aren't just psychological. Now when she speaks, her nose sounds bunged up, as if she has a permanent cold. "I didn't always sound like this," she says apologetically. Living in low-grade housing, she explains, has done permanent damage to her respiratory and immune systems. Yet still she shouts through her foghorn, a permanent thorn in the side of whoever happens to be in power. If people don't like her abrasive style, then "bollocks to them, quite frankly".

Haha, yes she did. 🤦‍♀️ I think it was referring to Twitter comments, but she definitely said something about her smol sad face. To be honest, I felt sorry for her at that moment (the feeling passed quite quickly).

Nearly choked on my drink. 'Honking head' is a great description. 😂
Honky head is also a great #thread title

Reactions: 23
It you can't fit multiple sideboards in to, it's poverty housing, innit.

If it's not a sprawling detached property by the sea, it's poverty housing, innit.

I've no doubt she actually believes some of the tit she peddles. Whichever way you look at it, it's an insult to the many people who do live in those circumstances.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
But she can't prove she's actually ever been in poverty housing can she? For a person who lies constantly about ridiculous things, do you think I'm going to believe that?
Why did she not take photographs of the damp and mould in these properties? There has never been a picture as evidence, not a single one.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Why did she not take photographs of the damp and mould in these properties? There has never been a picture as evidence, not a single one.
Yeah it’s funny how there’s so many photos available to disprove what she says and none at all to support her. Truly a mystery for our times.

• Haha
Reactions: 70
Ugh, those literary festivals bookings are so depressing. They just wheel out the same old same old, even proven liars with a bombed and discredited book 😩

Also FUMING here as I had a night out later and husband was meant to be out all day tomorrow. Now stuck in. All weekend. Together. Bloody snow!!!

Send Pinot Grigios 👀

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
This happened to another frau except they actually ordered the Pumble! Apparently it was nice (makes sense - Jack wasn't the one cooking). Isn't is strange that all these pumbles are suddenly appearing on our menus? Is it a plot? Are restaurants around the UK being infiltrated by Pumbles?

Exactly. :rolleyes: She's never had a problem with housing. It's a ridiculous lie.
‘‘Twas me, dear heart! It was flippin’ delicious. I recognise that menu, it was the same place @SharkAttack 🍉. You have excellent taste in pubs. Hope the hangover isn’t too bad today. Perhaps some slop will help?
Anyway, here is a pic of said pumble, which was very well behaved and did not gain sentience in that charming little corner of REDACTED in London Town.
510EBD56-4655-4B93-A52D-D3CCB3C435B8.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
‘‘Twas me, dear heart! It was flippin’ delicious. I recognise that menu, it was the same place @SharkAttack 🍉. You have excellent taste in pubs. Hope the hangover isn’t too bad today. Perhaps some slop will help?
Anyway, here is a pic of said pumble, which was very well behaved and did not gain sentience in that charming little corner of REDACTED in London Town.
View attachment 2017655
I honestly think Jack believes her food looks like this. It's like some kind of weird food dysmorphia.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
But can she remember what's in them?
On the British Library video she was making notes from her book while she waited to speak. Such a contrast to the other speaker who clearly knew her subject. I think I remember her looking things up from her copy of the book she was being asked to discuss at the Edinburgh Book Festival also.
She was asked about ‘fuelling the reserve tank’ and couldn‘t remember what she’d said. Got really defensive and said that she’d written the book 3 years ago and had written another two books since. Surely she knew that KdW would be asking her about this book because she hadn’t published Grifty as planned. She could have read it in the train or something.

Reactions: 39
View attachment 2017655
Yum! It's reassuringly normal-sized. Nothing like the overflowing Hulk dessert we're familiar with from Jack's photos! If we were allowed Tattle meetups I'd suggest going to this place and ordering a pumble for every frau.
---
I'd be expecting an inexplicable egg for £10!
For £10 I'd expect every egg to be fully explicable. Chefs, justify your eggs!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Absolutely gross that she's gonna be talking about 'food and social justice' where her only experience is boo hoo I was on benefits very briefly 10 years ago. Get Diane Purkiss on who literally wrote the book on the social history of food which is about class. Jack is a middle class mic hogging bore.
Bet you she'll be frantically ordering anything DP.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.