Jack Monroe #483 The plans are going well, it’s the execution that seems to be lacking

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm trying to remember what my journalist friend used to get paid when she was a talking head on the breakfast shows. I *think* it was in the region of £100-£150 if she was there in person and about £50 if she was on the phone. And she had to argue pretty hard to get it, the starting point was £0. They did always send a car for her if she was expected to have her backside on the sofa though, so no transport costs.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
They certainly had a fake advert for a "Clagaway", which was essentially a bicycle without a seat!

Made me laugh.
Oh there was one with something like an upturned bike but with brush bristles on for cleaning those ‘hard to reach’ areas (bum bum)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My ex used to (maybe still does) book guests for Sky News. Guests, certainly of Jack's level, really weren't paid much at all. They had a spreadsheet of guests they knew they could rely on to talk about certain topics. Its generally fairly junior people having to make the bookings and at short notice.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Create your own magazine to sell, out of these magazines and newspapers you can buy for just £15. Don’t forget Metro is free, put some in a sock as a free gift!
---

Their brains look like your avatar
---

I think she might meet a lot of that criteria you know. But she does seem to be able to let stuff go (so she says) I would lean towards shopping addiction. It’s all to “project” an image, too. All the old people’s home furniture, trendy Made stuff, “thrift store finds”. Because she changes her identity more than her undercrackers it allows her new avenues to magpie.
I think shopping addiction too.
I had several clients who were hoarders and trying to help them get their homes back into a safe and habitable environment was very traumatic.
Every item means something and they can’t let it go or give it away.
It’s very sad.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
Am I making it up, but didn't she actually say somewhere she was checking Tattle on her phone? When we were having our DKL watchalong parties?
Saying something like 'imagine having to read that when you are live on TV and trying your best'?
On one of her lives, she could be seen looking at the questions that people were sending in, and some of the comments were unpleasant, I think. Jack referred to that somewhere. If it wasn't on Twitter it must have been on her appearance here?

• Heart
Reactions: 18
On one of her lives, she could be seen looking at the questions that people were sending in, and some of the comments were unpleasant, I think. Jack referred to that somewhere. If it wasn't on Twitter it must have been on her appearance here?
She was getting quite a bit of negative feedback on Twitter too at the time IIRC. I think she was scrolling Twitter not Tattle on the show, though I’m sure she came here at some point.

Reactions: 21
On media payments, I’ve done quite a bit of national and local TV and radio 🍉. I’m not a sleb but a mere expert. I’ve never been paid more than a taxi each way. Maybe a brew from the green room too. If I’m lucky!

If she’s getting paid more than £100 given the tit listening figures, I’ve wasted my time acquiring my expertise legitimately 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
As dearest @HotesTilaire pondered many moons ago back in the mists of late 2021

View attachment 2013487
That was after @Marmalade Atkins had immortalized yet another massive moving “project” involving seventysomething boxes and Jack humping sideboards (this time thankfully NOT in a manky sports bra and support underwear “sexy” way. In a world’s strongest smol pixie way).
View attachment 2013489View attachment 2013490She recently claimed to have given this dining table away too (while lying about how big it actually is and pretending it sits 14). And implying SHE bought it outright.
View attachment 2013496
Contradicting what she’d said before. I wonder if she had to “snap it in half clean down the middle” like the old one so she could give Louisa back her half before it “trotted off”.
View attachment 2013491
(@Marmalade Atkins for the screenies and @HotesTilaire for the musings ❤)
PS “Two hour discussion about steampunk and retrofuturistic fashions” is never ever not WTAF 😂
"scooping food absently from a bowl". She's denser than one of her pound cakes isn't she?

I finally looked up 'elevenerife' as, even though I got the gist of what it meant, I didn't have a clue where it came from. Turns out I was reading it wrong in my head (elven-rife or something) but I am laughing my labia off. It's so Jackie.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Wasn’t that the Hellman’s or maybe Jack in the shed? It was definitely one of her amateur cook alongs (lol I know they all are, but you know what I mean!) one of the ones where she was “filming herself” with interactive comments popping up, not a TV thing

Reactions: 18
Ugh she has so much stuff, I bet her house is dusty, riddled with mites, and I wouldn’t be shocked if there was a little smol mouse somewhere (not Jack)

Still, it’s good she’s keeping busy with at least four hours work scheduled in for the next four months. Maybe she’ll get a catering tin of Nescafé to make a giant candle with, or, I dunno, send out her patreon rewards? Or find something else to distract her, maybe battling the cost of living crisis by whittling a recorder out of a particularly large carrot. If you don’t have whittling tools, fear not! Simply duct tape a screwdriver (Philips head) to a recorder or other small wind instrument. Simple!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Every now and again I’m flabbergasted all over again by the sheer amount of stuff she’s accumulated.
“Thank(space)you for all that you do I buy”
View attachment 2014248
(ETA not sure why these two random attachments are here, sorry, but they’ll have to stay cos I can’t figure out how to fix as I’m now BUSY)
Is it just me or is she ALWAYS decluttering? Like, she's been decluttering for the last 5 years but still has so much tit? Does she actually get rid of stuff or is it a performance declutter?

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.