Jack Monroe #483 The plans are going well, it’s the execution that seems to be lacking

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Especially if, as a poor Povvo, scented candles are important to you for the ambience of your home, you can buy quite a lot of scented tea lights at somewhere like Primark say for a couple of £, and find nice little holders in a chazzer or Primark, again for a couple of £, or ask for ones you would like for Christmas or birthday gifts etc. I'm besotted by candlelight and have always had some, even in the poorest of times because they make me happy.
I can't imagine bashing holes in a rinsed out bean tin and melting scraps of wax would have had quite the same relaxing effect.
LJC, I could buy 100 tealights for £2 in Sainsburys not that long ago, unscented like, but you can have the candles and just one scented makes a difference.
It doesn't all have to be Partylite and Jo Malone's

Reactions: 55
I was just having a peruse of the unacknowledged replies to the tin can canterns and bloody hell

No wonder she's still churning this shit out when it's just wall to wall simpery in the (controlled) replies. Where do these people draw the line? She says she spent the day hanging her arse out the window shitting onto the pavement below, do they all applaud "well done! saving water!" "fertilises the plants!" "I'll give that a go!!!!"

I'm just so confused

Reactions: 91
None of those cunts bought Thrifty Kitchen. Bet she's raging.

Reactions: 46
Every now and again I’m flabbergasted all over again by the sheer amount of stuff she’s accumulated.

It’s just…wild. And NO CONTENTS INSURANCE because of POVERTY TRAUMA

Thanks to all fraus who initially immortalized all these pics. A bonus Chesney pic for dearest @MancBee and nice giant fucking tv on the mantel in the Christmas tree pic, Jack.
“Thank(space)you for all that you do I buy”

(ETA not sure why these two random attachments are here, sorry, but they’ll have to stay cos I can’t figure out how to fix as I’m now BUSY)

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 78
You know, this isn’t a real bed. No burger deliveries, please, else it’ll all collapse.

Reactions: 22
That’s serious hoarding. The garden is a shit show.

Reactions: 46
This person should shack up with Jack, she can have the beans and they can have the sauce. It's like my Old Harold eating the bounties out of the celebrations tin
It’s like that old rhyme. Jack the twat will eat no sauce and squig will eat nothing beans

Reactions: 26
Reactions: 25
Yeah, don't do the flower pot heater. Although I'm sure Jack The Bestest Fire Safety Person Of All Time would remind you to be CAREFUL https://www.bigissue.com/news/social-justice/plant-pot-candle-heater-tiktok-safe-do-they-work/

Reactions: 27
But what nearly teenage boy wouldn't ask mamapapa for those prints for his new room

View attachment 2014014
Mamapapa, please may I have a room that looks like the slightly damp guest room in your great aunt’s house that hasn’t been changed since the 1970s? Football? Minecraft? No I’d just adore an old cushion with a random dog on it.

Reactions: 62
It is truly unimaginable. She must be one of those people who literally cannot walk past a skip or something with a "free please take" sign on without taking it, there's just so much STUFF.

Reactions: 28
Didn't you know that 'It's a truth universally acknowledged that people in the comments club are in want of a brain"

Reactions: 40
Yeah, don't do the flower pot heater. Although I'm sure Jack The Bestest Fire Safety Person Of All Time would remind you to be CAREFUL https://www.bigissue.com/news/social-justice/plant-pot-candle-heater-tiktok-safe-do-they-work/
“In layman’s terms, you cannot create energy. So, a ‘free lunch’ is not possible,” Erich A Muller, professor of thermodynamics at Imperial College London, told the Big Issue.

It’s only natural the “heater” will make the room hotter – but it’s insulation that will keep it warm, Muller added. “This combustion generates heat and will raise the temperature of the space,” he said.

“The terracotta is just forcing some of the warm air from the candles to stay in place and not dissipate so rapidly, but it is doing nothing additional other than the illusion of a little heater,” Muller added.

“If you really want to save energy, there are no silver bullets: double glaze the windows, draft-proof the doors, insulate the walls cavities and ceiling, and use efficient heaters – for example, ditching the electric heater for gas or, better yet, for heat pumps.”

Surprised Professor Muller didn't recommend some other energy saving tips such as, cover your windows in bubble wrap, take all your light bulbs out, put a sheet of cardboard under your bedsheet etc. etc. etc.

Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.