Jack Monroe #483 The plans are going well, it’s the execution that seems to be lacking

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, I'm now thinking what the bloody hell does dregs of candles various melted together smell like? The olfactory equivalent of when one mashed all the primary school poster paints together, with no knowledge of colour theory, and created that lovely murky brown colour?
I truly believe I would rather smell that for eternity than be forced to eat a single meal cooked using a small jar of miscellaneous oil dregs painstakingly collected from fish tins.

149F68E0-4B23-4DBC-9D17-FC0630107E3D.jpeg

That would make me feel very unwell (a sort of not-hole?)

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 70
Not more tin cans. She did something similar when researching for Grifty kitchen, probably about 2 years ago. I think she painted them eau de nil with teal spots.
Stupid bloody bleep.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Remember when you were a kid and would make 'perfume' with a few pilfered flower petals chucked in a bucket of water? Coming soon in Jack Hacks.

Her 'oh' genre of reply is so smug and smart arse. At least she actually acknowledged that squigs experience instead of replying about the time she suffered 95% 3rd degree burns but healed with cups of tea from dear friends and a kidney and melon casserole.
Do you know, this is exactly what I thought when I saw arts & craft Jack.

"What are you doing, darling?"
"I'm busy, Mommy!"
"Oh, look! You have been busy. What have you made?"
"Perfume, Mommy!"
"Clever girl, Jack! What a big girl you are! Time for a dino nap after all that hard work!"

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Jack, a plaited, double knotted wick in a freshly washed milk bottle topped up with petrol also makes for a good alternative if you can't scrape any more wax from a spent Jo Malone that your ex might have left👍🏼

#sweetiettoptips
I had one of these 'candles' thrown over my head when I got caught up in a pocket of unrest while I was working. You don't need to stretch to plaited wick string! The remnants from a cut up t shirt (which you've used to make cleaning cloths) will do in a pinch 🥰. Makes for a lovely flame and probably smells nicer than the painstakingly saved scraps from a thousand candle remains.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
When was “no-spend year”? 21 or 22?.
Having spent NYE constructing that home essential “a compost tumbler”.
B1AA2BD9-E062-4436-9C95-B7FEB67B5DDC.jpeg

No spend year 2021. Almost brought down at the first by William Morris
31CCDC0B-3AA7-4FAD-8100-12D6C064A9FD.jpeg

(Screenies from @Silver Linings and @Marmalade Atkins)

Luckily, Jack’s NY resolution 2021also involved decluttering, so in light of that the no spending part was easy!
5F83DB00-B08B-4342-A9D7-3148BCAE54EB.jpeg
68AB551B-97AB-43AB-AE77-EED638DB5DA8.jpeg

(Nice dustpan and brush hanging above the food prep surface, you compost tumbling minger)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
I wonder if we'll get birthday Jack held aloft by close fam and friends who insisted- you don't have to cook today, no really, please don't cook for us today or Saucy Sex Jack wink wink gosh my muffin has been buttered for 8 hours by the yummiest lover they kneaded me til indeed my yeast did rise. Place bets now.
"Reader, I burgered him"

In other news, I can't stop cackling at the alignment of this tweet with the circular worktop damage front and centre

1678222914914.png

I mean, even if it's not a tin-can-burn-mark, would you still take health and safety advice from somebody SETTING TIN CANS ON FIRE on a damaged worktop

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Not more tin cans. She did something similar when researching for Grifty kitchen, probably about 2 years ago. I think she painted them eau de nil with teal spots.
Stupid bloody bleep.
She did. And had them on the side of her bath, ready to be red hot and deliver 2nd degree burns and/or melt rings in a plastic bath. De ja Jack is the worst.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
View attachment 2011946
View attachment 2011921

Luckily, Jack’s NY resolution 2021also involved decluttering, so in light of that the no spending part was easy!
View attachment 2011936View attachment 2011937
(Nice dustpan and brush hanging above the food prep surface, you compost tumbling minger)
Awww I miss insta Jack. Twitter and it's silly character limit. Did anyone guess what her NY resolution was that was unpinning everything she did?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
View attachment 2011946
View attachment 2011921

'See if you can guess what it was as the year goes by'. I beg your fuckin pardon. No one, not even the swivel eyed squigs, are wondering about your resolutions as the year passes. Pull your little cow pat wig out your arse.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
If you're a "campaigner and author" who hasn't raised the profile of anything apart from Asda and Farrow & Ball for the past year, has no paid work on the horizon, can't even give your "best book yet" away and appear to be collecting CCJs like Pokemon, do you:

A: Do some bleeping campaigning (there's a little cost of living situation going on at the moment? Don't know if you've heard) and hopefully secure yourself some paid work off the back of it.

B: Get a salaried job and softly, gently accept that your five minutes of "fame" are up.

C: Make some candle holders out of old bean tins.

Still, the revival of Arts & Crafts Jack gives me the perfect opportunity to remind everyone of her previous foray into candle making - which, bizarrely, led directly to the "I used to work in a brothel" reveal.

Screenshot_20230307-212143_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20230307-212157_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20230307-212225_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20230307-212425_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 77
View attachment 2011946
View attachment 2011921

Isn’t that the toaster she definitely doesnt have too..?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
That's not a Gu pot, Jack.

If I sit here wondering why she lies all the time about utterly pointless things, I'll melt my brain.

1678225195393.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Still, the revival of Arts & Crafts Jack gives me the perfect opportunity to remind everyone of her previous foray into candle making - which, bizarrely, led directly to the "I used to work in a brothel" reveal.

View attachment 2012043
Of course they're her mums old Gü pots, couldn't be her own could they, only Just Essentials chocolate pudding pots for old Jackie ... in fact, she prefers them! They're a dead ringer for Hotel Chocolat products!

FFS just admit you nab 'em when you see they're on special and squirrel the ramekins away like everybody else does, Jack

That's not a Gu pot, Jack.

If I sit here wondering why she lies all the time about utterly pointless things, I'll melt my brain.

View attachment 2012082
ETA ... oh ffs Jack

• Haha
Reactions: 47
If you're a "campaigner and author" who hasn't raised the profile of anything apart from Asda and Farrow & Ball for the past year, has no paid work on the horizon, can't even give your "best book yet" away and appear to be collecting CCJs like Pokemon, do you:

A: Do some bleeping campaigning (there's a little cost of living situation going on at the moment? Don't know if you've heard) and hopefully secure yourself some paid work off the back of it.

B: Get a salaried job and softly, gently accept that your five minutes of "fame" are up.

C: Make some candle holders out of old bean tins.

View attachment 2012043View attachment 2012044View attachment 2012046View attachment 2012047
She lied about that too. She just wanted to gotcha the squig

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Just saw the "canteens" on Twitter. Doesn't metal conduct heat? Is this something a former member of the fire service should be putting into the public domain? I just don't understand why. What have I just seen on Twitter.

My flabber is gasted by this.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.