Jack Monroe #477 I wish all millionaires cared about others like you do

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ACAB includes the women.

Jack loving and baking cakeys for police in the same timeline as cops are murdering women and denying hate crimes against murdered trans children, but she thinks they'll protect her if she makes them rinsed spaghetti hoops or whatever really checks out.
It’s a bit over the top to be quoting ACAB to be honest, we don’t live in USA. And no one knows the circumstances of the recent murder either. It could well be a hate crime or it could be a horrible knife crime- either way it shouldn’t have happened.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
Could Jack be referring to her tattoo artiste? Or are some sexy-times-things just too edgy for our profoundly boring and bougie Jack?

I'm still bemused by Jack's list of Wild and Crazy Things that make her Wild and Crazy: lots of tats, wearing "men's" clothing, i.e. trazzers, flannel shirts, etc., having short hair, having sex with men and women, being non-binary. Where I live in the PNW, all this is pretty much standard for a whole bunch of people. Jack thinking this makes her an outlier--well it's like if a nice LDS girl who'd never lived outside Odgen, UT started watching MTV and went "nuts."
Yeah she thinks she’s on rumspringa and we’re all Amish

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
At that age must have been like trying to raise the Titanic and Bismarck at the same time
Oh I don't know. I work with older people 🍉. Sexy loving times are still very normal for a lot of the couples we know. Which is lovely ❤. All I will say is sometimes the mind is willing but the body is weak. So be realistic otherwise you will have to call for help and someone like me will have to come and rescue you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
It’s a bit over the top to be quoting ACAB to be honest, we don’t live in USA. And no one knows the circumstances of the recent murder either. It could well be a hate crime or it could be a horrible knife crime- either way it shouldn’t have happened.
Sorry but ACAB is very much an English term and is firmly a thing in my part of the UK.
Without derailing, the police in Warrington initially said there was “no evidence” of a hate crime which is factually correct. Today they said they’re now keeping an open mind considering possible hate crime. That nuance has been lost by the reporting “police say it isn’t a hate crime/police now think it’s a hate crime”

• Heart
Reactions: 71
Oh I don't know. I work with older people 🍉. Sexy loving times are still very normal for a lot of the couples we know. Which is lovely ❤. All I will say is sometimes the mind is willing but the body is weak. So be realistic otherwise you will have to call for help and someone like me will have to come and rescue you.
Tanker of lube/crane required......*delete as appropriate on risk assessment 😇

Edit: I shouldn't make light of it, as that will probably be me one day

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Could Jack be referring to her tattoo artiste? Or are some sexy-times-things just too edgy for our profoundly boring and bougie Jack?

I'm still bemused by Jack's list of Wild and Crazy Things that make her Wild and Crazy: lots of tats, wearing "men's" clothing, i.e. trazzers, flannel shirts, etc., having short hair, having sex with men and women, being non-binary. Where I live in the PNW, all this is pretty much standard for a whole bunch of people. Jack thinking this makes her an outlier--well it's like if a nice LDS girl who'd never lived outside Odgen, UT started watching MTV and went "nuts."
This is the eternally teenaged Jack though, innit. It’s what grammar school girls in the 00s thought gave people street cred.
Sounds legit. Really sad that women officers do this too. Sigh.
it’s almost like people who are want to having power and control over others are attracted to a job that legally encourages them to do so. What is it with the wanky police language tho?! ‘The suspect perambulated in a westerly direction’. Mate, he ran away.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
I need a clue please.
Sorry to give such an annoying answer, but to be honest, I have no idea who’s behind that account, and her regular “trolls” aren’t worth giving any attention here.

It’s easy to find them replying to pretty much any mention of Jack on twittter though.

Reactions: 25
This is the eternally teenaged Jack though, innit. It’s what grammar school girls in the 00s thought gave people street cred.

it’s almost like people who are want to having power and control over others are attracted to a job that lefiallt encourages them to do so. What is it with the wanky police language tho?! ‘The suspect perambulated in a westerly direction’. Mate, he ran away.
Most of ours couldn't spell perambulated when they are typing live onto the job card. When I got bitten this morning I didn't say " oh goodness gracious you appear to have accidentally bitten me sir (albeit in a different language) I had to disconnect my very angry dog from him.

She seems to live in a parallel universe

• Haha
Reactions: 19
My brother was in a polyamourous relationship with a woman and her other partner. 🍉 He told her that he wanted out one morning, she seemed to take it well.

She left him in bed and went to make a cup of tea...she returned with a kettle of boiling water, pulled the sheets back and poured it all over him.

He spent almost a month in hospital, and many more as an outpatient. He still has scars all over him. Whilst he was in hospital, she went into his ground floor flat and put the plug in a sink and turned the taps on and flooded the place.

As karma would have it, she died of cancer within a year...the daft bastard of a brother went to her funeral because, in his words "I always loved her, even after she did what she did."

On topic, I can imagine Jack having that sort of loss of control if a relationship didn't go her way. Her jealousy wouldn't allow her to share a partner with another person.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 167
Tanker of lube/crane required......*delete as appropriate on risk assessment 😇

Edit: I shouldn't make light of it, as that will probably be me one day
It'll be all of us one day hopefully! This has reminded me, on this day of love, of all the couples we've had over the years with strict instructions NOT TO VISIT IN THE AFTERNOON because they'd be having some time together. Couples well into their 80's/90's. Isn't that lovely ❤? We obviously tried to respect that. And it's actually made me realise we don't have many like that any more. A different generation, maybe? Or a lack of control over when personal care services visit? (We don't do personal care) it's made me a bit sad.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
still on the grunk, but I've just reached "yoghurt is mould" and it reminded me that i may still have yoghurt from the slopalong in the back of the fridge 🤢

and then a frau (sorry, can't remember who!) asked about the lemon curd on oats

don't do it! i even had to make my own lemon curd cos i couldn't buy it and it was still atrocious

20230214_224301.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
still on the grunk, but I've just reached "yoghurt is mould" and it reminded me that i may still have yoghurt from the slopalong in the back of the fridge 🤢

and then a frau (sorry, can't remember who!) asked about the lemon curd on oats

don't do it! i even had to make my own lemon curd cos i couldn't buy it and it was still atrocious

View attachment 1960639
Was that left over from major surgery? :sick:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
My brother was in a polyamourous relationship with a woman and her other partner. 🍉 He told her that he wanted out one morning, she seemed to take it well.

She left him in bed and went to make a cup of tea...she returned with a kettle of boiling water, pulled the sheets back and poured it all over him.

He spent almost a month in hospital, and many more as an outpatient. He still has scars all over him. Whilst he was in hospital, she went into his ground floor flat and put the plug in a sink and turned the taps on and flooded the place.

As karma would have it, she died of cancer within a year...the daft bastard of a brother went to her funereal because, in his words "I always loved her, even after she did what she did."

On topic, I can imagine Jack having that sort of lack of control if a relationship didn't go her way. Her jealousy wouldn't allow her to share a partner with another person.
That is awful. Is he ok now? Are your family ok?

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Bloody hell, manc. I hope your brother is in a good place now.

I was going to make heart shaped crumpets (oo-er, matron) for my OH this evening but work on both sides went to tit. They would not have been Jack’s trypophobia-inducing marmite monstrosities! Instead we’ve eaten our combined body weight in chocolate and opened the champagne.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
View attachment 1959599
Pro Bonio lawyers - Content is on the far left. Yet another role she’s had to backfill!

in terms of her assertation that “my most vicious trolls are TERFs“ I guess that, by her lights, I would qualify as both, in that I tit talk her on the Internet and am active in gender critical/pro woman circles and have been for quite some years.

But it’s not enough to just dismiss legitimate criticism of you as ”bad faith”. It’s dishonest. I couldn’t give a tit about the non binary identity. Whether I think it’s valid or requiring of special treatment or not (for Jack or for anyone) has absolutely nothing to do with my beef with her. I’d add it to the list, in that it seems to wink in and out of being depending on whether it’s useful to her or not, but it’s not the core of my objection, which is the lying, the grifting, the “stolen valour” of being a non-pov rich person, the dreadful recipes and the terrible public persona of being deeply unpleasant and vile about everyone from David Cameron to That Man.
As someone who is very supportive of the trans community (except Jack obvs) one of the best things about this thread is that we have trans people, trans supportive people, gender critical people and everyone in-between and we also have people from all political persuasions and we never let that get in the way.

In a way, maybe Jack could be the solution to all the world's conflict, she seems to repel everyone equally.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 112
Going back to mackie having to get a job, tube drivers do 6 months training and are recruited from within, so cross that one off.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
That is awful. Is he ok now? Are your family ok?
He's fine, though seems to always end up with wrongens. The one he's with now treats him like crap. He's a 6ft builder, but they know he wouldn't retaliate.

We've stopped trying to intervene and let him get on with it. Just there to help him pick up the pieces, again and again. He's not far off retirement, so isn't going to change now, I just wish he would find someone who treated him right.

Thinking about it, I'm sure Jack's family are the same. No matter what they do, she wouldn't take any notice. Jack will carry on making the same mistakes time after time, just like my brother. Her family are there to help pick up the pieces.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 96
Going back to mackie having to get a job, tube drivers do 6 months training and are recruited from within, so cross that one off.
Jack’s train job list
Tube
Local train C2C
National train LNER

Jack’s actual options
TOOT TOOT
CEF7CC45-A07C-457A-9565-336A12915876.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.