Jack Monroe #477 I wish all millionaires cared about others like you do

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m pretty sure you’d fall foul of human rights laws and end up on trial at The Hague.

Not a single squig has posted to Twitter to show off their exclusive shithouse onion sketch or latest slop recipe card, so I think we can safely assume none have been sent.
And absolutely nobody on Patreon has commented to say they received anything.
---
I seem to recall one single person saying thanks for the framed photocards or some such. It felt a bit off though.
Framed photo card is available only on the £44 a month tier.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
View attachment 1959202
Hold on, does this squig believe we are JUST ONE PERSON?

Squig, most people here don’t believe keeper of the receipts extraordinaire @Marmalade Atkins can possibly be just one person, let alone the entirety of Jack Monroe tattle being a lone “lunatic”.

Also, if we’re discussing the different between singular and plural, it’s quite LITERALLY a lot more than “a page” too, hun.
They probably think the internet consists of Facebook and Twitter and that Tattle is a 'page' on Facebook.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
A tale of two Ian Duncan Smiths, by Jack Monroe
2018, her blog. This is really oddly written given what comes in the later account cos she makes it sound as if SOMEONE ELSE was speaking while he laughed and she sat there and got angry.

7B0C5408-4F97-4214-AEEA-282BB418F79D.jpeg
BC505D9B-2F3F-4529-A1CB-71047F3D361A.jpeg

Regardless, the “poverty stricken single mum” is talking about “being famished with hunger” Iain is “sniggering” while the mum is talking, and Jack is behind him “shaking with rage”

2021, Guardian. The tale is more detailed. Jack is still sitting behind IDS at the beginning and end , but now she’s definitely the single mum doing the talking. The subject now though is not about being “famished with hunger” it’s about the socko sanny pads.
30885F6A-773E-4BB8-8E6D-CC5D2C125DEC.jpeg
F4DC6ED6-2C26-4282-B48B-60B3EBB3656F.jpeg

In this telling then, IDS isn’t “sniggering” while the single mum is talking about hunger while Jack sits behind him “shaking with rage”.

Here, Jack talks, walks back to her seat crying, sits down. IDS says something to the person next to him and then they laugh so hard he “shakes with laughter” (so entirely possibly it was completely unrelated to what she said given she’s no longer saying it).

And she isn’t “shaking with rage at his insolence” in this telling. She had to leave in humiliation.

You literally cannot trust or believe a single word she says.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 77
I seem to recall one single person saying thanks for the framed photocards or some such. It felt a bit off though.
Framed photos is one of the highest tiers, isn't it? I wouldn't be surprised if she picked one person, particularly if they were vocal about wanting a refund or similar, and sent them their rewards, but not any of the others.

Reactions: 37
Also, I don’t know why but I’m just WTFing and laughing at “I’d put a nice blouse on to make them take me seriously” in the IDS tale.
7B650645-301F-4FE4-B981-EEA0482DFC80.jpeg

What is it about early-mid 20s Jack and “nice blouses”?

AD5CF460-12C3-4192-B8FB-348224D62ADD.jpeg

And continually calling the paper “the newspaper(s)” for that matter. (And the “lady” coming from the “newspaper”)
754E5258-F554-48FC-B205-01A5C5707727.jpeg

I know she’s trying to go for wide-eyed naïf, but does she know how bleeping imbecilic (and how much of a cloistered twit) she sounds?

It’s all as if it’s 1964 and she’s about 55.

Like she’s binge watched too much Endeavor and thought “If that’s how the good honest stout-hearted non-University educated housewives of 1960s Oxford do it, that will indeed be how I, Jack Monroe do humble working class!”

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 79
Not a single squig has posted to Twitter to show off their exclusive shithouse onion sketch or latest slop recipe card, so I think we can safely assume none have been sent.
Even if she sent one lot off after her October apology, she seems to have forgotten the fact that they're meant to be monthly awards. Then again, she resolved to write 4 blog pieces per week at the start of January and has since produced a grand total of none, so it's not like she ever, ever learns about overpromising and underdelivering.

Reactions: 73
Even if she sent one lot off after her October apology, she seems to have forgotten the fact that they're meant to be monthly awards. Then again, she resolved to write 4 blog pieces per week at the start of January and has since produced a grand total of none, so it's not like she ever, ever learns about overpromising and underdelivering.
Unfortunately she learned everything she needed to about overpromising and underdelivering from her Kickstarter book campaign.

She learned that if you just brass it out while sporadically playing the victim, you can absolutely get away with it. That’s been her MO (and way to rake in shitloads of other people’s money) ever since.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 67
Unfortunately she learned everything she needed to about overpromising and underdelivering from her Kickstarter book campaign.

She learned that if you just brass it out while sporadically playing the victim, you can absolutely get away with it. That’s been her MO (and way to rake in shitloads of other people’s money) ever since.
I am ashamed to say that I was a Kickstart backer and thought that all the reasons she gave for non-delivery were true and entirely understandable, to the extent that I very nearly sent a message to say that I didn’t mind waiting. Then I was a bit cross to see a full-colour properly-published version out at practically the same time. Then I donated to the tip jar, and was taken aback to not receive an automated thank(space)you because that very easy to set up and you only need to do it once. Then I bought TCC and couldn’t believe that anyone would use stuffing as a flavouring rather than herbs or spices, and that was the beginning of the scales falling from my eyes. And here I am now, and I love you all.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 160
The guy she referred to as a 'tedious wee shite' or w/e the other day has done a thread. His twitter account in in his real name, and he's actually a solicitor. Not the kind of person you'd really want to piss off, especially during a time when you're well aware people are waking up to you being "a fraud, a liar, a thief" (in Jack's own words).

Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 07.30.15.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 149
*Ringo Starr voice*

“You can’t be a train driver!” Said the Fat Controller. “You’re far too pretty and besides, a young lady like you ought to be wearing a skirt.”

“Oh please sir” said Young Mx Monroe “It’s always been my dream to drive the trains and I’m ever so good at shovelling coal.”

“Well perhaps you should have kept your legs shut!” Chortled Thomas

This is sublime. I had to illustrate your story.
Cupace20230215074517.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
God her proclivity for egregious trauma dumping to the general public never ceases to amaze me.

I can excuse it 6 years ago (just), but she apparently has learned a grand total of zilch since then.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Also, I don’t know why but I’m just WTFing and laughing at “I’d put a nice blouse on to make them take me seriously” in the IDS tale.
View attachment 1961163

What is it about early-mid 20s Jack and “nice blouses”?

View attachment 1961159
And continually calling the paper “the newspaper(s)” for that matter. (And the “lady” coming from the “newspaper”)
View attachment 1961168

I know she’s trying to go for wide-eyed naïf, but does she know how bleeping imbecilic (and how much of a cloistered twit) she sounds?

It’s all as if it’s 1964 and she’s about 55.

Like she’s binge watched too much Endeavor and thought “If that’s how the good honest stout-hearted non-University educated housewives of 1960s Oxford do it, that will indeed be how I, Jack Monroe do humble working class!”
"Cloistered twit" I'm using that more 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
"Blouse" is such a funny word! I wonder what kind of blouse Jack would consider not nice/nice/nicest?

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.