Jack Monroe #476 Avec Dangereux Dave and Les Pantalons of Beaucoup Grandes Humiliations

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She definitely used to encourage people to sign up with their email addresses to get notifications of when she dropped a new recipe, she's probably referring to all the personal data she harvested that way.
Wonder who she registered as data controller??? Pretty strict laws around GDPR etc.

She's gonna come adrift 10 ways from err today, at this rate!

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Right, something just occurred to me.

I remembered during the last all night multichaos seeing this Tweet and being a bit "eh?" (Immediately forgot because then we got onto the medicine chaos and well.)

1676209420011.png

because

1676209486866.png

But my bullshit radar was atwinkling because in my experience, Viakal is good but it doesn't do half as good a job as plain old vinegar for the more stubborn limecale. And the Stardrops white vinegar spray is fractionally less expensive than Viakal. Making your own out of a massive bottle of the stuff even more so, on a penny per liter basis.

So why would Thrifty not recommend the vin? Could there be strains of Jimmy N echoing over the latter paragraph?

Maybe I've gone too tin foil hat with all of this. Idk. Send Viakalos.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Thank you @WoolyMammoth 💕
I learned about this unmet need for night-time pants for primary-aged children, in especially-vulnerable households fleeing DV, at the tail end of the week. Annoyingly can’t say how/why (it’s only annoying because I know you mithering ninnies would actually be interested and care!) - though might be in a position to share a little info in future. But please do feel free to write to your local NHS boards, MPs, and councils to ask what they’re doing to identify and support this hidden need in your local area. The answer, if you get one, will probably be along the lines of “what? nobody knows anything about this” which is kind of the point, but it’ll help get someone’s cogs turning.

I hope Pampers don’t mind indirectly donating some packs to food banks! We might see if we can approach them directly, but have assumed that they would probably need publicity as an incentive for donations, and we can’t risk anyone’s safety so that’s a non starter.

Jack Monroe doesn’t know she’s bleeping born, she really doesn’t.
Could the publicity of the handover to the adult people running the food banks/need points work? Usually the big food or giant cheque handovers for charity are just some volunteer in a tabard, not service users anyway. So I'm guessing they wouldn't expect to see kids/recipient families as part of the donation? Xx

Honestly this is something I'd never thought of as I thought that children with medical nighttime incontinence would have been able to access support direct from NHS continence service. But also I suppose that involves someone in the family identifying it as a "medical" need which isn't always easy or openly discussed. That and some children may have a shorter term continence issue too so may not get the help when needed. Does this also translate into a need for waterproof mattress type covers and spare fitted sheets? It must I suppose but maybe food bank not best placed to distribute those larger more permanent items. More a baby/family bank type thing perhaps.

You've just reminded me to wash and fold the outgrown clothes from the kids that I sorted out last week. I do donate them but the time between me sorting them and donating them can be a bit delayed(!).

See, this is the thing. Jack isn't there inspiring us to help anyone. Yet massive platform. Works in the "niche". Nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I love that she’s posted a picture of the Express supplement she’s in because she looks like a crackhead. Which she is.
And says she “literally writes” recipes for them with a pic PROVING it. A pic of a newspaper dated three Christmases ago. So I believe the correct term to literally be “literally wrote”.

Also, someone needs to explain the word “colleague” to her. And the words absurd, rude and astounding. And especially the word DISHONEST.
E714E40D-0A89-4589-9FB7-7EA522C10F93.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
I do wonder wtf Jack thinks she actually does to merit the attention, speaking engagements, Twitter following, Patreon funds etc? She doesn’t campaign against poverty. She’s done sweet Wednesday Addams about the cost of living crisis. She no longer writes, no longer shares recipes, just publishes a book of rehashed slop with bonus dangerous #hacks. So, yeah, what in fact does she do?
BIB thread title nom!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Completely detached from reality. Does she even know what argument she's trying to make anymore?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Absolutely hanging today.
Jack chaos is on the same par as full fat coke and a sausage McMuffin. Cheers Jack ya beggy twit , perfect hangover cure
FFS @Nurseali when did you change your photo to the still-sentient “Welsh friend recipe”. Unc-egg?! 😱😳😬 Lol and more importantly, WHY?? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30
FFS @Nurseali when did you change your photo to the still-sentient “Welsh friend recipe”. Unc-egg?! 😱😳😬 Lol and more importantly, WHY?? 😂
I am ashamed to say five hours ago I would have eaten it.
To be fair before my deliveroo came I would have eaten most of Jack's back catalogue.
Bit gauche

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Thank you @WoolyMammoth 💕
I learned about this unmet need for night-time pants for primary-aged children, in especially-vulnerable households fleeing DV, at the tail end of the week. Annoyingly can’t say how/why (it’s only annoying because I know you mithering ninnies would actually be interested and care!) - though might be in a position to share a little info in future. But please do feel free to write to your local NHS boards, MPs, and councils to ask what they’re doing to identify and support this hidden need in your local area. The answer, if you get one, will probably be along the lines of “what? nobody knows anything about this” which is kind of the point, but it’ll help get someone’s cogs turning.

I hope Pampers don’t mind indirectly donating some packs to food banks! We might see if we can approach them directly, but have assumed that they would probably need publicity as an incentive for donations, and we can’t risk anyone’s safety so that’s a non starter.

Jack Monroe doesn’t know she’s bleeping born, she really doesn’t.
I appreciate you pointing out this need. One of the junior Elastoblast needed night-time pull-ups for quite sometime due to sensory issues and I am kicking myself for not thinking to include some in the food bank part of the weekly shop so I'll do so now. I'll alternate them with nappies and sanitary items. Cheers Tenderstem. Thank space you for all you do 😘

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Has anyone managed to do it without creating an account? I'm happy to buy a pack and donate if not able to claim without making an account with Pampers!
I just used an email account I don't use for anything else but spam emails from stuff like this. So they can send me whatever membership rubbish they like but I won't ever see it.

Reactions: 26
Point of order, if she’s talking about the print edition, circulation is the number of actual copies that get distributed. Readership is the figure that takes into account how many times one copy is likely to be read. As ForgettyB says, a physical newspaper is likely to be read by more than one person. A website, like hers, is not. So yet again she’s being tricksy and comparing apples with oranges. Doesn’t wash here though does it Jack. We’ve got all angles covered 💅
If she's referring to the number of people that have subscribed to her mailing list, this means duck all anyway. Many have likely forgotten they're subscribed as she doesn't put any content out anymore, and that number of people aren't representative of the people visiting her site. Why would anyone pay a return visit to it? Its useless, stuck on the 2018 version still and she doesn't add anything new to it.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Fingers kerridge is on bbc 2 now. Making a lovely looking Eton mess.
---

Is this like how scundered means something different in the country than Belfast?

back to Jack-she has no idea how much is in linekar’s bank account. Maybe he overspends too and is left with nothing. And as for wonky thinking they are friends…..

View attachment 1954008
If I'd been on Twitter for 15 years and thought every I said was profound or hilarious, and I still only had followers in the low hundreds, I may well latch on to a 'controversial' account(s) knowing it would boost my views.

The 'friendship' may not as one-sided as we think.

• Sad
Reactions: 25
Right, roll up, roll up... the book is open for bets:
1. Moving house/house inspection today/this week... 192-1
2. J1gging tonight.... 4-7
3. Flouncing before Tuesday... Evens

Going out for a lovely afternoon /evening in a restaurant with friends and neighbours. Hopefully, will be too happy to grunk later. So
4. New thread on my return.... Guaranteed!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Could the publicity of the handover to the adult people running the food banks/need points work? Usually the big food or giant cheque handovers for charity are just some volunteer in a tabard, not service users anyway. So I'm guessing they wouldn't expect to see kids/recipient families as part of the donation? Xx

Honestly this is something I'd never thought of as I thought that children with medical nighttime incontinence would have been able to access support direct from NHS continence service. But also I suppose that involves someone in the family identifying it as a "medical" need which isn't always easy or openly discussed. That and some children may have a shorter term continence issue too so may not get the help when needed. Does this also translate into a need for waterproof mattress type covers and spare fitted sheets? It must I suppose but maybe food bank not best placed to distribute those larger more permanent items. More a baby/family bank type thing perhaps.

You've just reminded me to wash and fold the outgrown clothes from the kids that I sorted out last week. I do donate them but the time between me sorting them and donating them can be a bit delayed(!).

See, this is the thing. Jack isn't there inspiring us to help anyone. Yet massive platform. Works in the "niche". Nothing.
IIRC from my days volunteering with food banks, night time wetting is considered “normal” until a much older age than you’d think, I want to say it was 11/high school start age.

So there’s not much support for it from the NHS until you hit that point unless it can be directly linked to a medical condition (eg a physical bladder problem or a global development delay) which is quite often tricky when it’s something like anxiety or trauma especially in younger children.

We did distribute items like mattress protectors if we got them in and the local launderette were really good with us, giving us effectively “vouchers” that we could pass to families either without laundry facilities and also to some families that were having to wash bedding daily which meant they could also get it dried properly not getting musty on an airer in a cold, damp flat.

All of this again is stuff Jack has absolutely no idea about. She could do so much good with the tiniest bit of effort and she just doesn’t.

ETA: even if they did manage to secure NHS help, it was often the bare minimum - eg exactly 1 pair per night which isn’t always enough etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
View attachment 1953739

Im embarrassed for you Jack that you have already admitted to spaffing donations on sideboards and booze.

You also claimed you couldn’t be trusted with a Million Ps as you would have spent that too.

Fraud in plain sight*
You wouldn’t know the account, it goes to another school. It’s the same as school my account for Patreon funds goes to actually. I keep that separate so I can pay Patreon-related outgoings (printing,postage, tax) from the Patreon income before moving it to my other account.

😂

Also, which we’ve said before, how can she meticulous maintain the donations for court cases separate from random “supporting what she does” gifts when she asks for it all to be paid to the same PayPal. Is she really expecting us to believe she forensically only puts the ones explicitly marked “donations for libel fund” into that fund??

Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.