Jack Monroe #468 Remove my photo! Warned!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
“I’m so pretty that people don’t believe I’m poor”
Doesn't that (made up) quote again show her prejudice - only unattractive people should be poor. Like the Jeremy Kyle stereotype she loved putting out there - 'this shouldn't happen to meeeee'.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
It reminds me of a line from Mean Girls:

"I'm sorry that everyone is jealous of me. But i can't help being popular."

• Haha
Reactions: 61
Yes, finally in real time and ready for the chaos when it inevitably occurs! She’s either moving or there’s been an intervention. It‘s not the longest flounce though. I used to be really quite concerned when she did this but I’m a bit meh about it now. Like the boy who cried wolf it’s lost its power. Listened to 2 mins of that tape, that was enough! Honk, honk!

Reactions: 32
Morning dearhearts. I can hardly believe this but thanks to you all talking about Greenbelt, I have found some brand new content (which is to say, I haven't heard it before). Jack in a heated debate about Fake news #ironyalert. I'm only ten minutes in but she's cosplaying as a reporter and talking about her forensic reportarge of Grenfell https://www.greenbelt.org.uk/talks/hot-house-the-truth-the-whole-truth-and-fake-news/
Smh I just randomly skipped to 40 mins in and she said she shagged her best mate at her sisters wedding and ended up having a baby… 💀💀
That’s certainly one way to hijack someone elses wedding and make it all about yourself!

Eta lol there’s a bit of beef. She goes on a mad rant about how she has loads of dirt on journalists, and then a daily mail journalist accuses greenbelt of not allowing him to prepare for this, she responds and calls him ‘bold’ for doing the talk with her and taking what she said ‘on the chin’ 🤣 (as if anyone would be scared of her)! Then he accuses her of doing a ‘snide attack on hundreds of male journalists’.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 65
Morning dearhearts. I can hardly believe this but thanks to you all talking about Greenbelt, I have found some brand new content (which is to say, I haven't heard it before). Jack in a heated debate about Fake news #ironyalert. I'm only ten minutes in but she's cosplaying as a reporter and talking about her forensic reportarge of Grenfell https://www.greenbelt.org.uk/talks/hot-house-the-truth-the-whole-truth-and-fake-news/
Can't listen to the rest of that. That bollox about her reading 7 newspapers a day, triple checking sources? Who does she think she's kidding? She never did any of that

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Yes absolutely. This 100%.
Notice how (even in the very Jack-centric world of Jack) every single blog, thread, podcast, whatever, she ALWAYS casts herself very firmly at the centre and is either hero or victim.
I also agree 100%. Another aspect of this is that her swinging between these extremes plus her constant taking up and then abandoning identities and the attention seeking via ailments reveal someone who has no true sense of herself. She is empty inside. I suspect this also goes back to childhood and to feeling unimportant and constantly displaced in her family. If she were a bit nicer and less dishonest, I would feel a lot of sympathy for her. It's not a nice mind to inhabit.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Sisters wedding? I thought her only sister was younger.

actually I think saying you are a lesbian and still have sex with men purely for sexual gratification is damaging. In 2023 lesbians still have to deal with men believing all they need is a shag from a bloke. Well done jack. I feel huge sympathy for the lesbian community and she’s not part of it.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 112
The “bananas have tryptophans and stop you being sad” thing is my aneurysm. I bought that book at the time to see what it was saying, and said it at the time, there’s no real evidence that the tryptophans found in food can actually do anything for your brain. I don’t know how she gets away with this.

My aneurysm too, tenderstem. About the only thing regarding nutrition we can say with confidence is that almost everyone should be eating more fruit, veg, legumes, nuts and seeds. Best evidence suggests 10 portions a day (800g) and a good variety, so not just bananas and onions. Eating a banana to improve your mental health is about as effective as eating a sardine to get smarter.

What can improve your mental health is overall a healthy diet (see above), a good social network, exercise, spending time in nature, feeling like you have a purpose, etc. Things that are not that easily fixed if they are broken.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
She also talks about her black brother again and the number of children who her parents fostered has gone up from 85 to 100.
She also says she’s someone who has ‘grown up in the social care system’ (51:50)…. Eh??? Your parents fostered children what the duck are you on about, YOU weren’t brought up by the system.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 91
She actually mentions peanut oil in that rant... Not having used the stuff myself I don't know. But I do occasionally use sesame oil (which is because it's far too expensive to use in substantial quantities on the regular) and, well, that makes things taste of sesame seeds....
There's a fish & chip shop in Spitalfields that uses peanut oil for frying, and the earthy, woody flavour clashes horribly with the fish.

To be fair, I'm probably a little over-sensitive to it - I like the taste of raw or roasted peanuts, but find the smell of peanut butter to be overwhelming... but even so, why use an oil with that flavour profile? If they're trying to be fancy, why not go with "locally-sourced organic cold filtered premier cru rapeseed oil" or somesuch? bah!

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Just my observation but any stuff that she says, she never thinks of any consequences. She talks tit and people call her out for it. She then whines and crys about the nasty trolls but it was her that usually brought it up. Don't like it? Don't talk tit. Simples

Reactions: 38
I'm so bored I thought I'd check out that Edinburgh video on YouTube itself. 500-odd views (most of them originating from here I'd guess) since it was uploaded two weeks ago, and three lovely comments about Jack. 🥰
when I posted it last night there were only 260 or so views and one comment about her epi pen being no good far away. Therefore expect new comments might have come from here and not be truly representative. Only because I often think how Twitter has got the measure of her now but I’m not sure about the wider general public.

Reactions: 25
Her forehead doesn’t move there does it. If I guessed her age from that I would say older than 32/33

were there bananas in the £20 shop, I dont think so?
She had some on one of them. She'd seperated them all, and blu tacked everything in place.

I have my doubts about Jack eating anything fresh though.

Reactions: 20
I think she says stuff with such confidence that people don't think to question it and just assume she's telling the truth.

Reactions: 31
Randomly dipped into this as they were discussing foster care (about 50mins) and she did say blah blah when she lived at home from between the ages of 5 and 20. So not left at 16 then? Or 17, or 18? I know people contradict themselves, no one is perfect, but the age you leave home is quite significant I would have thought. I left at 17, not 16 or 20, I’m unlikely to forget that, it’s not a big deal but I wouldn’t lie about it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.