Jack Monroe #468 Remove my photo! Warned!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So in this Greenbelt thing she says she wants to go to prison so that she can eat three times a day, would SB be left to fend for himself then?

Also I don't know if I'm misunderstanding this and I CANNOT watch it, but are you saying she breaks into song?!

I think ya'll being too nice. I think she has a massive ego and needs people to think she's amazing, but also wants all the attention and benefits of presenting herself as an eternal victim.
Ashamed to ask her family for food for 18 months (apparently) and scared SB would be taken into care if she did.
But plotting to go to prison so SHE could get three meals. Which obviously isn't shameful and wouldn't potentially get SB taken into care :rolleyes:
What gets me is she may have {DRAMATIC PAUSE} contemplated prison, but she regurgitated this anecdote with a sort of pride and as an indicator of poverty, when all it indicates is dreadful and selfish parenting.
If I had made some of the decisions she did about her son I'd keep extremely quiet and burn with shame just thinking about them, but she has made a career out of being a crappy parent. And none of it was ever her fault.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
😮😮😡😡FUUUUUCK MEEEEE😡😡😮😮
I think I’ve found my aneurysm (another one 😡).

View attachment 1908413
View attachment 1908414
View attachment 1908416View attachment 1908417
Sample quotes:View attachment 1908430View attachment 1908427
View attachment 1908425
View attachment 1908420View attachment 1908422

I can't believe Jack dared to compare herself to Irene.

Irene has a TV! Jack could only dream of those riches.

Anyway 1. bleeping patronising white saviour tit, with Jack centre of the story and photo.
2. How much of Irene's life do we think made it into Jack's fictionalised backstory?

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Bananas were in £20 shop - 8 for 3 people so if she is on one a day, SB and the lodger are getting half a banana each a week!
AE46CD7B-D767-42DC-8F71-8BA924C410F8.jpeg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 52
I'm assuming Jack's quiet because she's Farrow & Balling her walls. Thinking about it, should one of our Southend Frauen do a welfare check on poor Matt Gloss?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
You what? You wrote about reserve tanks and now, three years on, can't even remember what that is?

#expert

Why is her right eye so twitchy?
That’s the thing I noticed, that weird tic with her right eye. Reminds me of slightly drug addled aging pop stars you see. Allegedly.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
In this DRAMATIC PAUSE from Twitter, I have watched the scabby-clothed Edinburgh talk again. The mask slips SO QUICKLY at around 10 minutes (you only have to watch the minute) when SHE WASNT EXPECTING TO BE ASKED THIS

The “bananas have tryptophans and stop you being sad” thing is my aneurysm. I bought that book at the time to see what it was saying, and said it at the time, there’s no real evidence that the tryptophans found in food can actually do anything for your brain. I don’t know how she gets away with this.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
Noticed that when she talks sometimes it’s a fairly steady nasal honk. When the wobbly voice comes it’s usually when she’s talking about her poverty etc so most would put it down to emotion or nerves but i put it to you fraus, what if her voice goes like that when she’s lying..? I’m not willing to research because I value my mental health but, makes you think

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Oh lord that clip. I cringed so hard I prolapsed. What did she expect to be asked? And she’s written another book? I can’t take it. ‘Shut Your Legs : The Jack Monroe Story’ coming soon to a bargain bin near you.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Bananas were in £20 shop - 8 for 3 people so if she is on one a day, SB and the lodger are getting half a banana each a week!View attachment 1908845
Don't worry dear heart. Ocado brought a top up shop.

I'm still not over who that quarterhack tit is aimed at. All I can settle on is someone who only ever eats ready meals and has never put together a meal in their life, or someone incredibly stupid.

So which one is Jack?

Reactions: 32
So in this Greenbelt thing she says she wants to go to prison so that she can eat three times a day, would SB be left to fend for himself then?
Duh, it's a well known fact in working-class circles that if an adult visits a food bank, their children are immediately seized and placed in an orphanage or a salt mine. However, the toddlers of incarcerated parents are just left to hang out in the bulbless gloom of a draughty rented flat and wander to the foodbank on their own in search of more weetabix.

How is this not common knowledge? We need more working class women writers sharing their lived experience....

• Haha
Reactions: 77
Ashamed to ask her family for food for 18 months (apparently) and scared SB would be taken into care if she did.
But plotting to go to prison so SHE could get three meals. Which obviously isn't shameful and wouldn't potentially get SB taken into care :rolleyes:
What gets me is she may have {DRAMATIC PAUSE} contemplated prison, but she regurgitated this anecdote with a sort of pride and as an indicator of poverty, when all it indicates is dreadful and selfish parenting.
If I had made some of the decisions she did about her son I'd keep extremely quiet and burn with shame just thinking about them, but she has made a career out of being a crappy parent. And none of it was ever her fault.
I doubt she has contemplated it. She's stolen that from well known studies of homeless people, which she should know in her line of work, even if it's just from people mentioning it to her or talking about it at events. But the fact she doesn't see the problem with telling that anecdote alongside her dynamic bath story and saying she let her son freeze so he doesn't go to his Dads...

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 43
saw on the hellsite one of her stans telling her that the love of a good dog will get her through this hard time.
Wtf. What about her actual CHILD?
There's so many times I want to break rank and comment on there, how awful i hope that kid doesnt read her birdscape anymore 😖

Merail spoiler done a bit wrang

I have also had very dark times, especially post natally but mainly disabilities related and the thing that keeps me going more than anything in the world is my offspring. To be there for them, to not leave the legacy of the alternative, because I love them and no matter how much of a disappointment I often I feel I am to them, I know they love and need me and would be lost without me.
I had breadcrumbing parents growing up and it was absolutely traumatising to hear those threat, even as an adult, finally knowing that they were only ever threats, as a child it was terrifying
As it happens they found other ways to deal with it, slow burn and entirely predictable but even at middle age it still devastates me.
For all her cockney sparrer pesky blinding cheeky jackanaping, Jack is a bleeping ghoul publicly playing games like this scaring vulnerable strangers, knowing her kid, family, community all read her bollocking tripe. Shes nasty, horrible, spoilt, victimmy entitled grifty grifty biotch
I

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 88
I'm only a few minutes into the Greenbelt talk but..
"You're laughing now, you'll be crying later. I say that to my son too"
WTAF

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 76
Jack wouldn’t make it through her first holy communion practice confession, dear heart. Understanding what YOU have done wrong is pretty key. Also she couldn’t make her communion coz dress, innit.
Jack confessing her 'sins' -
"I've been neglecting my self care 🥺"
"I'm a chaotic people pleaser who works too hard 🥺"
"I didn't pay a bill because I'm too traumatised by envelopes 🥺"
"Did I mention I've been neglecting my self care?"

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 57
Bananas were in £20 shop - 8 for 3 people so if she is on one a day, SB and the lodger are getting half a banana each a week!View attachment 1908845
Imagine standing there pulling apart a bunch of bananas to lay them out for a photo. Coke. Not even once.

Jack confessing her 'sins' -
"I've been neglecting my self care 🥺"
"I'm a chaotic people pleaser who works too hard 🥺"
"I didn't pay a bill because I'm too traumatised by envelopes 🥺"
"Did I mention I've been neglecting my self care?"
“I’m so pretty that people don’t believe I’m poor”

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 64
Yes, or make French toast with sesame oil. It really doesn’t matter.
In much the same way as herbs are interchangeable until you put chives in a mojito.
She actually mentions peanut oil in that rant... Not having used the stuff myself I don't know. But I do occasionally use sesame oil (which is because it's far too expensive to use in substantial quantities on the regular) and, well, that makes things taste of sesame seeds....

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.