Jack Monroe #468 Remove my photo! Warned!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She exposes herself so badly. She says she lived at home till she was 20 šŸ’€ thought she moved out at 16?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 52
I have transcription software so I could transcribe the Greenbelt talks and add to the media? Will save us having to listen to the honk.

I transcribed edinburgh which is on my laptop somewhere (a doc calls Jackā€™s lies iirc)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 100
Just my observation but any stuff that she says, she never thinks of any consequences. She talks tit and people call her out for it. She then whines and crys about the nasty trolls but it was her that usually brought it up. Don't like it? Don't talk tit. Simples
As Jamie Vardy once said, so eloquently, "chat tit, get banged"

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Jack went through a rough patch financially (possibly partly self-inflicted) and used that experience to position herself as an expert on how to make food on a budget and leverage this into an entire career. She did not grow up poor at all (I for example, grew up poorer than Jack and I would imagine half the country did), so doesnā€™t know how that feels or what itā€™s really like, and she is not poor now. She experiences the kind of poverty you get when you donā€™t want to ask your parents (who are able to afford it) for a couple of hundred quid in between jobs, or when you earn good money but itā€™s spent before the month is up on stuff you donā€™t need. I think her fans are mostly middle-class types who donā€™t understand actually being poor as far as I can see.

If in recent years Jack has had no money in the bank at any time, itā€™s due to her disorganisation and profligate spending (now admitted), rather than lack of income.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Jack describing herself as a reporter and reads seven (SEVEN) newspapers a day. Send pathologistos, for I am āš°

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Sheā€™s so bloody unprofessional. Talking about her last book because Grifty Kitchen was late and she didnā€™t even refresh her knowledge of the shite sheā€™d written?

I know I am a Nigella Fanboy, sorry canal, but I guarantee you she could speak unprompted about a recipe from How To Eat, Domestic Goddess, or Kitchen as easily as she could about her latest book.

Itā€™s laughable that Jackā€™s considered any kind of authority on food or cooking at all. There isnā€™t even a surface to scratch.
In her head Jack thinks that her turning up is enough for her followers.
She doesnā€™t have to prepare, she just has to be.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I feel like that record was exceeded on her last flounce but I canā€™t remember by how much.
Oh my, you are correct! I failed to update the note on my phone. A truly Jack moment, I am so ashamed.

Record broken on 1st Dec when we hit 271 hours. Currently on 84 hours. To break that, it would be Feb 2nd!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
She exposes herself so badly. She says she lived at home till she was 20 šŸ’€ thought she moved out at 16?
Every interview of Jackā€™s debunks something from a previous interview, and many of her tweets donā€™t line up with each other. Moving out at 16 is the youngest age possible of course, and can be associated with kids who have been in care environments or had their education or home lives disrupted, or who are young single parents, or who have issues with their own parents. Moving out at 20 is, of course, fairly typical and doesnā€™t catch the eye quite so much.

Reactions: 41
She canā€™t even put in the effort of following her own lies.

Sheā€™s so full of tit no enema on earth could empty her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I couldn't listen to/watch a lot of the Edinburgh talk because she makes my skin crawl, always has I'm such a bleeping HIPSTER but the way she says 'twisted trolls' really irritated me. Like why mention trolls? Why stick an adjective before 'trolls'? It's another pity me tacked on for no reason. It didn't illustrate a point, didn't add anything to the 'conversation'.

I cannot understand how she has had the platform she has for so long. If I pulled a hundredth of the crap she pulls my family and friends would call me out on it pretty damn quick.

I remember years ago making a woenis me, no one loves me, my life is the WORST post on Facebook. I was mortified the next day seeing my mother reply "what about me and your dad, dont we count?". Well, that stopped me acting like a bleeping spoiled brat and I still feel the shame now.

• Heart
Reactions: 65
I have transcription software so I could transcribe the Greenbelt talks and add to the media? Will save us having to listen to the honk.

I transcribed edinburgh which is on my laptop somewhere (a doc calls Jackā€™s lies iirc)
Please do if you can, this is genuinely painful to listen to and greenbelt seems like an absolute mess.
Got a guy in the audience saying he gets his news from Russia Today as thatā€™s who he can trust šŸ˜‚šŸ‘

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
I couldn't listen to/watch a lot of the Edinburgh talk because she makes my skin crawl, always has I'm such a bleeping HIPSTER but the way she says 'twisted trolls' really irritated me. Like why mention trolls? Why stick an adjective before 'trolls'? It's another pity me tacked on for no reason. It didn't illustrate a point, didn't add anything to the 'conversation'.

I cannot understand how she has had the platform she has for so long. If I pulled a hundredth of the crap she pulls my family and friends would call me out on it pretty damn quick.

I remember years ago making a woenis me, no one loves me, my life is the WORST post on Facebook. I was mortified the next day seeing my mother reply "what about me and your dad, dont we count?". Well, that stopped me acting like a bleeping spoiled brat and I still feel the shame now.
I can't bear to listen to her either. I get so far and I have to call it a day.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I'm so bored I thought I'd check out that Edinburgh video on YouTube itself. 500-odd views (most of them originating from here I'd guess) since it was uploaded two weeks ago, and three lovely comments about Jack. šŸ„°
The limited knowledge of food is very true. Especially when she first started, but she has had lots of time to change that. She hasn't because she's a lazy entitled cow. She really could have a good food knowledge by now- could have learnt from the very best in the business if she'd been humble- and could have carved out a low-level successful career but she did nothing to further her knowledge or understand why the recipes that she was copying ever worked. That's why her substitutions make no sense and often ruin the recipe that she has ripped off from the BBC website.
I don't think she actually likes food at all that much- she went viral for one thing (which wasn't even cookery) and then made that her whole identity. Just because you struggled to eat (maybe) at one point it doesn't make you a good cook. I've been poor, I survived, but I couldn't have made a career out of that.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Lol sheā€™s also said both 17 and 18 in the past.

I wonder if the ā€œSomalian and Italianā€ will be surprised to learn that that honking dipshit furtively twatting around with their food was actually a 20 year old pretending to be 16?

89D5C6ED-0ED3-4540-B08B-9F15C329EA6B.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Dropped from Sloppy Savers by the Artist formerly known as Lorraine. The shame.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.