Jack Monroe #468 Remove my photo! Warned!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've emembered one of my minor aneurysms from the Edinburgh talk. She took about a minute saying the cooking establishment look at her askance because she says "any oil! It doesn't matter!" when they ask her to specify oil.

Ok love, I'll fry my tuna can eggs in the huge bottle of groundnut oil I have in the cupboard from when I was into stir frys ... I'm sure they'll taste lovely

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Dr Google, innit.
Because the internet is notoriously full of high quality, scientifically accurate information about nutrition and mental health....🙄
Not sure if this is right or not but if she's collaborated with "experts" on her book, do they not need to be credited?

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Her forehead doesn’t move there does it. If I guessed her age from that I would say older than 32/33

were there bananas in the £20 shop, I dont think so?
Yeah, she does look suspiciously smooth there, even when she's talking in a really animated way.
Given that this Celery Town talk was late summer, the botox would have worn off by the time of her ridiculous TROLLCLAIMS wrinkly forehead photo. I now suspect that her entire botox thread was exactly because it had worn off so a good opportunity for a photo to OWN THE TROLLZ, especially given that she didn't follow up with anything else

• Haha
Reactions: 36
In this DRAMATIC PAUSE from Twitter, I have watched the scabby-clothed Edinburgh talk again. The mask slips SO QUICKLY at around 10 minutes (you only have to watch the minute) when SHE WASNT EXPECTING TO BE ASKED THIS
I realise spotting Jackie lies is like shooting fish in a barrel at this point, but they're talking about/flicking through Good Food For Bad Days yes? And she says "I've written another two books since then"... When was this filmed? Last summer? So presumably one of them was Grifty Kitchen, which was still unfinished at this point, so what's the other?

Could it be that mysterious autobiography we've all been chuckling about, or could it be... A LIE?

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 35
If you're writing this book preaching about things you always do, surely you don't need to look up the answer?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
I've emembered one of my minor aneurysms from the Edinburgh talk. She took about a minute saying the cooking establishment look at her askance because she says "any oil! It doesn't matter!" when they ask her to specify oil.

Ok love, I'll fry my tuna can eggs in the huge bottle of groundnut oil I have in the cupboard from when I was into stir frys ... I'm sure they'll taste lovely
Yes, or make French toast with sesame oil. It really doesn’t matter.
In much the same way as herbs are interchangeable until you put chives in a mojito.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 62
I just realised that on her last (flounce) tweet, the replies are restricted to everyone, even the comments club.
If people STILL can't see what a calculating, manipulative narc she is, then nothing will. Especially, as we have all noticed, she's since been sneaking about deleting likes, unfollowing/following people, possibly donning the odd sock too...
On the plus side, her follower count seems to be declining again.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 46
Search Twitter for: Jack Monroe Feted

Just searching Jack Monroe at the minute is eye opening. Theres so many people taking the piss now, it's quite glorious..
I'm here for it. She could make it all stop if she made amends, paid back all the stolen money, even if that meant moving back in with mum and dad for a while- plenty of ppl have had to do that in their 30s due to debt or relationships collapsing, and closed her Twitter. If Twitter is detrimental to your MH don't fuckin use it. Please be under no illusions that the bitter, moaning, reams of woe that is your timeline is in any way good for business.

Its a complete fallacy that Twitter is necessary for business. The biggest stars in the world don't dilute their brand or lose their mystique by being available to be @'td. I dont know what colours Beyonce is planning to paint her walls. Now clearly Jack ain't no Bey but to pick a comparable person, a writer, Tom Cox, is a good example. I recently unfollowed him cos of his regular outbursts about the audacity of the things ppl say to him on twitter. Bore off. It's a public platform and a public conversation. Abuse is an entirely different thing and isn't the price you should ever have to pay for having a large following but ppl having views you don't like isnt comparable and can't be shut down. Get the duck off there if u can't ignore it and rise above it. Funny how the big *actual* public figures who must get sent crazy tit don't pop back. Never seen the Pope's account telling someone 'off you duck now.'

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Yikes! I just watched the first few minutes on x2 playback speed so as not to prolong the agony. Substitute “depression” with “coke comedown” and it all makes so much more sense!
You what? You wrote about reserve tanks and now, three years on, can't even remember what that is?

#expert

Why is her right eye so twitchy?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Totally. I don't think many, if any, here would disagree, we're not giving her a pass people are just speculating the origins of what is Jack. However it came about, at 34 years old she's totally responsible for being the ego driven, obnoxious, nasty, lying, grifting malingerer that she is.
I can see the argument that it was about getting attention if the parents were taking in foster kids. Although I imagine it was a lot less traumatic than she makes out and doubt she was ever used as a second parent. My sister is seriously disabled and needs full time attention, and when we were little I remember watching Children's Ward and wishing I had a serious illness. Luckily I grew out of it though and didn't become a narc/pathological liar!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
I can see the argument that it was about getting attention if the parents were taking in foster kids. Although I imagine it was a lot less traumatic than she makes out and doubt she was ever used as a second parent. My sister is seriously disabled and needs full time attention, and when we were little I remember watching Children's Ward and wishing I had a serious illness. Luckily I grew out of it though and didn't become a narc/pathological liar!
I can see that too, but I suspect she was always the same. A lazy brat.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Yikes! I just watched the first few minutes on x2 playback speed so as not to prolong the agony. Substitute “depression” with “coke comedown” and it all makes so much more sense!
i just followed your advice and watched it on x2 playback. bleeping hilarious

• Haha
Reactions: 23
So in this Greenbelt thing she says she wants to go to prison so that she can eat three times a day, would SB be left to fend for himself then?
She might relent and accept his father parenting him at that point :rolleyes:
Side note: I found a Greenbelt t-shirt in a charity shop the other week and had to hoot very quietly.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
So she's saying fruit, veg, pulses, meats, cheese and staying hydrated helps keep you healthy, whilst a diet of pot noodles and crisps won't do the same?? bleeping groundbreaking 🙄🙄🙄🙄 And she needed nutritionists, dietitians, scientists and 'clever people' to confirm this to her?! We all KNOW this, doesn't mean we CAN do it!!!
Yes, dear heart. Yet mysteriously, on the rare occasion when age stops tweeting about her sofa and actually tweets about food, it's always about pot noodles or chocolate bars or maize snacks.

She's the last person I'd take advice from about healthy eating. What she presents as her diet looks inadequate in nutrients and often calories. And then she makes up her calorie deficit by scarring down entire packets of cheap, cheap biscuits or white bread. Which is not something I hear many dietitians advocating for, but then I guess they are not

Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.