Jack Monroe #468 Remove my photo! Warned!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
'Yer ma's spuds are dire' flounce was longer.
And she was off for a long time at rehab.

The Greenbelt debate - she dragged up an article by Richard Littlejohn where he basically called SB's dad a deadbeat dad. Jack was enraged at this and said she had been protecting his privacy. Interesting interpretation of never mentioning the man, never mentioning he looked after SB regularly, and completely portraying him exactly as a deadbeat dad who was not on the scene at all.
I've finally got the the end of it and Jack's defending the journalists who worked on Grenfell by saying "we're all infallible humans" (she means fallible, dear reader) and that the BBC are still reporting on it even though it's not sexy any more.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
Oh my, you are correct! I failed to update the note on my phone. A truly Jack moment, I am so ashamed.

Record broken on 1st Dec when we hit 271 hours. Currently on 84 hours. To break that, it would be Feb 2nd!
Could you please make it the evening, Jack? I have to walk my old, hairy (not unruly) one to the groomers at lunch that day and it takes him nearly an hour just to get through the park these days, and I’ve ASDA coming at teatime. Ta.

Moving out at 16 is the youngest age possible of course, and can be associated with kids who have been in care environments or had their education or home lives disrupted, or who are young single parents, or who have issues with their own parents. Moving out at 20 is, of course, fairly typical and doesn’t catch the eye quite so much.
I reckon post-GCSE 16 was the first time she stayed out overnight without checking with the olds and this became moving out in Jackonoryland. Cor, she’s ard.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I've just been reading Jack's snotty response to that article which was published in the Guardian.

I know about the various other animals she has had over the years, but a ferret is a new one on me.

For someone who has been living hand to mouth for so many years she sure had a lot of pets!

ETA: She mentions over 30 things that were incorrect in the Littlejohn piece in that talk/debate but her article onlymentions 16 (some of which are tentative connections)

View attachment 1909302
That’s funny cos I’ve always thought Jack looks like she smells of ferrets.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
I've just been reading Jack's snotty response to that article which was published in the Guardian.

I know about the various other animals she has had over the years, but a ferret is a new one on me.

For someone who has been living hand to mouth for so many years she sure had a lot of pets!

ETA: She mentions over 30 things that were incorrect in the Littlejohn piece in that talk/debate but her article onlymentions 16 (some of which are tentative connections)

View attachment 1909302
OMG that is hilarious! I liked this bit best. I think she might actually be telling the truth here.
F45BB2D8-5879-4EC8-9C1E-612AFA630288.jpeg

And while that Littlejohn article is typically vile and he’s a hideous human being, this bit is bang on:

4036407E-81B2-4BEC-9EAD-FACA79F217F4.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 55
I want, nay, NEED, this.
I'm actually considering getting the kit for this. I did one that says "Come Back With A Warrant" a few years ago that my OH (who hasn't LEFT) has begged me not to display downstairs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Ooo I think I’ve uncovered something (not a biggy), I’m not as forensic as other fraus and herrs, and I’ve not been following Jack as long as other more vintage fraus, so happy to be told otherwise.
I’m looking at YouTube videos of our Jackie. (I’ll post the links) but are these the same kitchen? The kitchen she couldn’t paint and all that. They are posted from around the same time..

The first vid made me a bit nostalgic. That was back when I thought she was just this normal nice person who was trying to feed herself and her kid on a tiny budget. Oh my sweet summer child. Hard to believe that’s the same person who honks and toots on Twitter and goes on sideboard sprees with grifted money.

• Haha
Reactions: 47

I think she has timed her flounce with her move. Knowing she'll be internet-less and actually BUSY for a while. She loves people mithering her. If she was so 'embarrassed' by Harold's welfare call, then why share it to the Hellsite? She is mad on Munchies and is probably pissing her knickers thinking people are concerned for her.

It's sick.

• Sad
Reactions: 52
Doesn’t ever work, so has the time. Obviously complete bollocks, but being generous this would be about £120 a month
I have not read the article this is taken from, but if the date matches up with the LJC years, I could see the Head of Channel 4 News having a look at that many papers in the morning. Perhaps it was during lock down and afterwards the subscriptions left.

Reactions: 35
I can see the argument that it was about getting attention if the parents were taking in foster kids. Although I imagine it was a lot less traumatic than she makes out and doubt she was ever used as a second parent. My sister is seriously disabled and needs full time attention, and when we were little I remember watching Children's Ward and wishing I had a serious illness. Luckily I grew out of it though and didn't become a narc/pathological liar!
I honestly believe that even if the fostering hadn't happened she would still be who she is. I think it's more about family dynamics and the way she looks at her father and feels about her brother. I'm convinced that's what some of the nb,imbutcherthanyou, fighty pal behaviour was about. She desperately wanted to be dad's golden son.
I may be projecting my own experience here. I was brought up in a complicated situation in a VERY misogynistic family. I became a tomboy, refused dresses, played with boys, did diy, etc to be the boy my dad wanted. They had their next child - a son - once I was at junior school and once he and the others were old enough to take that role things changed drastically. I was expected do girl/womans work while the boys did no housework and got to do the fun stuff. I spent too many years trying to please him and get him to be proud of me, it didn't work and caused a lot of issues for me and in the family. However, once I was an adult I did what almost every adult does. Toom responsibility, put my children first and got on with not being a malicious twit.

Apologies for the merail, I just thought it might give an insight to the subject

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 81
Ooo I think I’ve uncovered something (not a biggy), I’m not as forensic as other fraus and herrs, and I’ve not been following Jack as long as other more vintage fraus, so happy to be told otherwise.
I’m looking at YouTube videos of our Jackie. (I’ll post the links) but are these the same kitchen? The kitchen she couldn’t paint and all that. They are posted from around the same time..

Is this the one where she says that carrots taste the same as sweet potatoes in a recipe? I tried out that tip and they DON'T. I also bought loads and loads of those jif lemon things, to my embarrassment. Currently using them to clean the toilet with. I squirt them around the rim. Do not use this tip unacknowledged. WARNED.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
We always say Dire Spuds was the big flounce, but I don't think she'd have flounced over the spuds had it just meandered along at that. No, she had to double down and bring up the fact her Mum is disabled. And when that didn't stop the mocking and everyone wondering why she was being so salty over some sad spuds she quadrupled down with the killer blow along the lines of "how tf do you expect me to be, I've only just found out a good mate has topped himself". Even Jack realised this was a step too far, deleted and actually stayed away, earning herself her current flounce record.
Sick if true, especially for his poor family.
Just as sick if not.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 64
I'm actually considering getting the kit for this. I did one that says "Come Back With A Warrant" a few years ago that my OH (who hasn't LEFT) has begged me not to display downstairs.
I used to sell these on Etsy 🍉 and my most popular one was ‘Don’t do drugs in the bathroom.’ Really makes you think.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I think she has timed her flounce with her move. Knowing she'll be internet-less and actually BUSY for a while. She loves people mithering her. If she was so 'embarrassed' by Harold's welfare call, then why share it to the Hellsite? She is mad on Munchies and is probably pissing her knickers thinking people are concerned for her.

It's sick.
She’s not internetless. She’s never internetless, dear heart.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
The screenshot below will always be the best part of her Edinburgh appearance.

I'm desperate to know who this sister is that she refers to. When did Yannis get married? Perhaps she's one of those people who refer to their SIL as their sister?

View attachment 1909174
Just skimmed through this video on YouTube - God she’s such an oddball, no? Terrible story teller, not remotely interesting or funny - yet finds herself absolutely hilarious…

Anyway, something jumped at me suddenly - so have to admit: my brother, generally a fairly nice a decent guy, he is though known to exaggerate or even make-up stories, for some weird reason. Has done his whole life. Whatever. anyway, when she said “I spent the best part of 10 years drunk” - the way she said it, the tone, and the fake laugh to follow it - it just *is* exactly the sort of thing my bro would say! Exactly… her whole ‘woe is me I’m a hopeless drunk’ sob story is just more performative nonsense, have never once believed it personally, and watching her talk about the issue just seems to support this view.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
post number 499, 1 post too early - sorry! I don't make the rules.

Anyway, how about “Overly verbose to hide a limited knowledge of food” for thread title!
if you are credited for this title that I stole from someone else I will literally stop breathing.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Just skimmed through this video on YouTube - God she’s such an oddball, no? Terrible story teller, not remotely interesting or funny - yet finds herself absolutely hilarious…
Not got round to watching this one yet, but I thought the same about her greenbelt thing. Before she starts talking about how she tried to unalive herself she makes a series of tit jokes and like slightly pauses for the audience to laugh and then when no one does, starts cracking up herself. It’s so awkward 🙈

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.