Jack Monroe #468 Remove my photo! Warned!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She also talks about her black brother again and the number of children who her parents fostered has gone up from 85 to 100.
She also says she’s someone who has ‘grown up in the social care system’ (51:50)…. Eh??? Your parents fostered children what the duck are you on about, YOU weren’t brought up by the system.
Can we start a list of things Jack claims to be adjacent to?!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Yes. Yes that is what she is saying. So it becomes a chopping race against time.
She chops everything first and dumps it in a cold pan. Instead of chopping everything first and then heating the pan to put it in. Makes perfect sense 🤪
When you think how much money she's spent on recipe books too!

• Haha
Reactions: 29

Has she arisen or is she still huffing with twitter. She is like gollum with the rinf in LOTR. She loves and hates twitter and no matter much she tries she cannot let it go.

• Haha
Reactions: 33

Has she arisen or is she still huffing with twitter. She is like gollum with the rinf in LOTR. She loves and hates twitter and no matter much she tries she cannot let it go.
Original Fraus- how long is the record for her being deactivated/silent?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Jelly, you KNOW she ISN’T LIKE all those SUPER FAST AND FANCY CHOPPERS.

View attachment 1909099

FFS do you LITERALLY want her to STOP BREATHING? Or perhaps chop all the veg first?

Sort of get a mise en place, ummm… in place. If you will.
View attachment 1909105

My critics often tell me I’m too pretty to be au fait familiar with “restaurant industry parlance” terminology, so I defer to Jack’s expertise here.
Or, prep the veg first, heat the oil and then add to the pan.

I know, I know

1674651746050.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Ooo I think I’ve uncovered something (not a biggy), I’m not as forensic as other fraus and herrs, and I’ve not been following Jack as long as other more vintage fraus, so happy to be told otherwise.
I’m looking at YouTube videos of our Jackie. (I’ll post the links) but are these the same kitchen? The kitchen she couldn’t paint and all that. They are posted from around the same time..

This is so clearly the nice "well-educated, middle-class girl" talking. She says people don't know about the stress of children needing shoes and yes, pretty much every working class or "precariously middle class" knows that feeling. It only feels alien to her because she grew up comfortably middle class.

She talks about how there was literally not a crumb of food in the house, not even one solitary stock cube, but at the same time enough 2ps and 5ps 🙄 in various handbags to go out and buy "one of everything" in the value range - in other words, she was simply doing a chaos and hadn't gone shopping when she should have but there's no tiny 🎻 in that, is there?

She just infuriates me.

• Heart
Reactions: 73
Smh I just randomly skipped to 40 mins in and she said she shagged her best mate at her sisters wedding and ended up having a baby… 💀💀
That’s certainly one way to hijack someone elses wedding and make it all about yourself!
Jack tries to downplay her relationships with men. As I’ve mentioned here before, I slightly know a guy who dated her for a while some years ago (not the father of her child).

One article (perhaps the recent Guardian piece?) suggested the father of her child was “more of a friend than a boyfriend” or something along those lines. My personal impression when you put everything together is that it was someone she was seeing; perhaps not very seriously, but not just a friend she happened to have sex with. Of course, many lesbians have past relationships with men before they come out, but Jack is not a lesbian (it’s relevant to me as I AM a lesbian, and quite boring when women who regularly date / have sex with men claim to be gay).

• Heart
Reactions: 80
This is not the longest flounce. I don't have the receipts to hand, but I can promise you I remember ones that have been longer. And by my measure, she hasn't really and truly flounced unless she's deactivated her account. Nah. She's just lurking, and possibly moving to Schrodinger's forever home (both perfect and crappy in every way!).

• Haha
Reactions: 40
No definitely not the longest flounce. Plus we know she’s lurking at the very least and i don’t think it’s a massive stretch to suggest she’s likely 🧦 ing too

Reactions: 35
This is so clearly the nice "well-educated, middle-class girl" talking. She says people don't know about the stress of children needing shoes and yes, pretty much every working class or "precariously middle class" knows that feeling. It only feels alien to her because she grew up comfortably middle class.

She talks about how there was literally not a crumb of food in the house, not even one solitary stock cube, but at the same time enough 2ps and 5ps 🙄 in various handbags to go out and buy "one of everything" in the value range - in other words, she was simply doing a chaos and hadn't gone shopping when she should have but there's no tiny 🎻 in that, is there?

She just infuriates me.
I remember growing up poor (TM) and our grandmother would buy us our shoes because my parents were always broke and she would use some of our pension money to get them for us. Living as I do now a middle-class lifestyle (entirely financed by the job I’m lucky enough to have after a lot of hard work, but which could go at any second and so could the lifestyle, no safety net), that detail somewhat breaks my heart. However, having a relative who could get my sister and I shoes does suggest we were not as poor as some, as some people have absolutely nothing. Jack of course knows nothing about any of this, because she is entirely chaotic energy, didn’t pay attention / didn’t do well at school because trying to be cool or not that bright, pretends to be edgy, but really hasn’t been through it at all, mediocre middle class, through and through.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Jack tries to downplay her relationships with men. As I’ve mentioned here before, I slightly know a guy who dated her for a while some years ago (not the father of her child).

One article (perhaps the recent Guardian piece?) suggested the father of her child was “more of a friend than a boyfriend” or something along those lines. My personal impression when you put everything together is that it was someone she was seeing; perhaps not very seriously, but not just a friend she happened to have sex with. Of course, many lesbians have past relationships with men before they come out, but Jack is not a lesbian (it’s relevant to me as I AM a lesbian, and quite boring when women who regularly date / have sex with men claim to be gay).
My understanding is that it also plays into the old homophobic trope of 'all they need is a good dicking'. Jack is bi, not gay, not lesbian.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 61
I wonder if the "household name journalists" (I see it's plural🙄) would describe the situation very differently. I wonder if their recollections may vary.

Just a thought.
You know, had I been Simon Hattenstone with access to her past Guardian articles, and given that her “recollection” had already immediately varied from everyone else’s with her lie that she’d been “nude” in the studio (and talk about her tit falling out and of her arse), PLUS his allusion to her ❄honk, I absolutely would not have made the choice as SH did to subsequently put myself in any ambiguous position with Jack Monroe.

Mither…same article SS.
4EF1F578-D441-4388-825B-3DF5C3920B47.jpeg

He’s already implied it’s apparent she’s still abusing substances in the article. She’s already claimed she made the decision to go to the pub despite being “emotionally and mentally fragile”, that they were clearly out pretty late at night (8 hours together), and that he “saw she got home safely”. I’d say that’s some well-laid groundwork by Jack should she ever choose to drop the dirty on him. Ridiculously naive and foolish of SH, two dictaphones or not.
7AEDAE54-20D4-48A3-BC5C-635A05F1FDAD.jpeg

50A6AE5B-D9BE-4DB6-AF21-1CD2E02C93B7.jpeg
64B75A46-8A5D-4F41-83CE-5AA0818E4B0E.jpeg
7F90B26A-24CB-4BB9-8B09-29CFFED1BC92.jpeg
173D81C8-7802-42F6-9484-4BB072BF44A9.jpeg

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
I thought she said it was a drunken shag at a party under the other guests' coats. I could have made this up tbf.
I thought he’d cooked her a pizza and she thought she might as well shag him. I may have this mixed up with Twinkle from dinnerladies though.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
'Yer ma's spuds are dire' flounce was longer.
And she was off for a long time at rehab.

The Greenbelt debate - she dragged up an article by Richard Littlejohn where he basically called SB's dad a deadbeat dad. Jack was enraged at this and said she had been protecting his privacy. Interesting interpretation of never mentioning the man, never mentioning he looked after SB regularly, and completely portraying him exactly as a deadbeat dad who was not on the scene at all.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 61
You know, had I been Simon Hattenstone with access to her past Guardian articles, and given that her “recollection” had already immediately varied from everyone else’s with her lie that she’d been “nude” in the studio (and talk about her tit falling out and of her arse), PLUS his allusion to her ❄honk, I absolutely would not have made the choice as SH did to subsequently put myself in any ambiguous position with Jack Monroe.

Mither…same article SS.
View attachment 1909172
He’s already implied it’s apparent she’s still abusing substances in the article. She’s already claimed she made the decision to go to the pub despite being “emotionally and mentally fragile”, that they were clearly out pretty late at night (8 hours together), and that he “saw she got home safely”. I’d say that’s some well-laid groundwork by Jack should she ever choose to drop the dirty on him. Ridiculously naive and foolish of SH, two dictaphones or not.
View attachment 1909203
View attachment 1909201View attachment 1909204View attachment 1909205View attachment 1909206
I dont think Simon ever replied to back her up did he 😆

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
My understanding is that it also plays into the old homophobic trope of 'all they need is a good dicking'. Jack is bi, not gay, not lesbian.
She certainly is bi and good for her. I’m afraid I see the “lesbian” identity as just part of the persona. I don’t think “bisexual” quite felt as edgy or with such a claim to being oppressed or whatever in Jack’s head, even though, gasp! — there are all kinds of lesbians in all kinds of life situations. Some of us are extremely boring and not edgy at all (I’ll happily plead guilty on that account).

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Even if I could kind of understand if she said she was a lesbian because she liked sex with any gender but only had relationships with women (which I know is problematic for exactly the reason you just said, but I could see the JackLogic), her most recent relationships were with men. She has regularly blogged about dating and falling for men.

Why the duck she thinks bisexual or pansexual are dirty words is beyond me, especially given she claims to be non binary when it suits her. You'd think she'd be all for sexual fluidity.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.