Jack Monroe #468 Remove my photo! Warned!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooo I think I’ve uncovered something (not a biggy), I’m not as forensic as other fraus and herrs, and I’ve not been following Jack as long as other more vintage fraus, so happy to be told otherwise.
I’m looking at YouTube videos of our Jackie. (I’ll post the links) but are these the same kitchen? The kitchen she couldn’t paint and all that. They are posted from around the same time..

Reactions: 28
Omg just listened to that bit 😬
She patronises DM journo Peter Oborne, telling him how brave he was to turn up knowing she'd be there - 'a gobby twit'. Asking the audience to be respectful to him (around 40 min mark). He basically tells her to duck off 😂

And puerile I know - but every time she goes to speak her microphone goes HONK! 😂
Jack, you can't really dismiss Peter Oborne for being a "DM journo" - he's a hugely respected writer and broadcaster. Yes, he did have a weekly column in the DM at the time, but he's better known for his long-running associations with the Telegraph and Channel 4. His views aren't exactly "stereotypical DM", either - they're eclectic, well thought-through, and often surprising.

Ugh. She acts like he's an unwanted guest at her event - but in reality, he has twice as many talks listed on the Greenbelt website as she does, and seems to have been doing stuff for them since 2010. And I found what looks like the initial lineup announcement for Greenbelt 2017 - again, Oborne is mentioned but Jack isn't.

More evidence of Jack thinking that the world revolves around her.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 74
I thought the immaculate conception happened when she gave her boss (friend) a gratitude shag after he saved her from her stalker?
I thought she said it was a drunken shag at a party under the other guests' coats. I could have made this up tbf.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
If you’ve never seen this one, it’s Peak Jack. It’s also A LOT. WARNED. Linky link to the CHAOS here.
These pics sun it up pretty well. Also, crying. Also, seemingly/possibly a ❄ break
View attachment 1908993
Link and SS from dear @Marmalade Atkins

(it’s like ten thousand contradictions when all you need is a straight backstory)
Quoting myself like a tit but 16 year old Jack’s Somalian and Italian first housemates are Nepalese and half-Italian here (all nationalities are interchangeable) and she moved out at “about 17” 😂 starts at just under 33 mins in.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
Very interesting little snippet there from Vanessa Baird around 42 minutes in. I wonder why Jack didn't say anything?

VB: Lies are so persuasive, so entertaining. People very often, when they’ve been asked whether something is true or not, they don’t really mind too much when they find out for example that Trump has lied. They still support him. And I think that lies… create a sense of hatred and a sense of belonging in hating another or ridiculing them, that is very, very powerful and it’s also economically very powerful because it gets the hits, and it’s politically very powerful and I don’t think we’re beginning to grasp just how powerful lies are.

Really makes you think.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
BTW fraus I found this photo I'd probably downloaded as thinspiration during one of my failed diets. Eva Green. Y'kno the 1 Jack declared she looked like🤣. Yes. Really. That 1.
20150225_114535.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Ooo I think I’ve uncovered something (not a biggy), I’m not as forensic as other fraus and herrs, and I’ve not been following Jack as long as other more vintage fraus, so happy to be told otherwise.
I’m looking at YouTube videos of our Jackie. (I’ll post the links) but are these the same kitchen? The kitchen she couldn’t paint and all that. They are posted from around the same time..

May we also mention the first vid, in which Jack slices an onion very amateurly

Reactions: 30
What is her obsession with grating things?
And why does she always look like she's trying to explain herself to the headmistress?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I hate to break it to Jack, but seems someone’s actually already beaten her to the memoir.
58DF1156-B974-492B-8783-3A2B5A48E440.jpeg
C9C93F18-C3F6-4A33-BCEA-0D2B125F72AE.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 87

1st video. Badly chopping onions directly on the worktop of the rental property where the capitalist pig landlord absolutely, definitely won't let you paint the walls?

Can't bring myself to watch the 2nd until the rage subsides.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 52
And then dumps it into a cold oil free pan 😩
Hnngggghhhhhh! Why did I watch that, whyyyyy???

Cooks onion and garlic and spices together at the same time (garlic and spices will burn before the onion softens in its cold oil)
Fries dry lentils for…reasons.
Seems surprised by lentils absorbing water, and adds more.
Then says that cooked, tinned potatoes will be cooked in the same amount of time as raw carrots and frozen beans.
Also, what’s the mustard doing in there? Mustard seed, sure, but English mustard?
What‘s going to thicken that watery tomato sauce?
Ew.
I‘d take the tinned curry, myself. Safer 😭

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 60
May we also mention the first vid, in which Jack slices an onion very amateurly
Into a cold pan - the one thing she is consistent about.

Also

"Getting more and more depressed - it's not a word I use lightly" the duck it isn't, you absolute shameful s*****e baiting ghoul

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
1st video. Badly chopping onions directly on the worktop of the rental property where the capitalist pig landlord absolutely, definitely won't let you paint the walls?

Can't bring myself to watch the 2nd until the rage subsides.
It's the ickle fragile lil voice she puts on in the first one for me

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
Woah, we're halfway there
Woah, living on a bootscheese
Eat my slop, I made it, I swear
Woah, living on a bootscheese
Back in a mo, Fraus… just switching to my notes app for a sec to add ‘Bonjovi’ to Big List of Things Jack has Ruined for Me

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 28
Can't listen to the rest of that. That bollox about her reading 7 newspapers a day, triple checking sources? Who does she think she's kidding? She never did any of that
You have to be out Of bed before lunchtime to get the ‘morning' papers or is she paying subscription for online?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
😮😮😡😡FUUUUUCK MEEEEE😡😡😮😮
I think I’ve found my aneurysm (another one 😡).

View attachment 1908413
View attachment 1908414
View attachment 1908416View attachment 1908417
Sample quotes:View attachment 1908430View attachment 1908427
View attachment 1908425
View attachment 1908420View attachment 1908422
Valid dear heart, I think we can both agree that Jack had NOTHING in common with Irene. I hope wherever Irene is now and whatever she is doing she's thriving.
And Jack - you can stop appropriating other people's experiences as your own. We see you.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I really think if Jack had spent some time learning how to chop and sautée an onion half her cooking problems would be resolved.
Add to that the most basic knowledge of various cooking times of ingredients and you'd have a decent basic home cook.
That she foisted seven cookery books on the general public with not one of those skills is quite baffling.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.