Jack Monroe #464 Twitter isn’t compulsory ya prune

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely. Look, lads (as most of you might guess) I'm as far from GC as it goes on account of being massively queer and ridiculously fabulous.
However, last week JM made it crystal they were non-binary, but was happy for the paid Guardian interview to use the 'she' pronoun (to make it "easier"?)
It's massively offensive to now be appropriating faux rage and disgust in a vain attempt to centre oneself at the centre of a gender based issue.
Yes, women are massively criticised, harassed and abused often because of their gender, this is abhorrent and wrong. But, this arguement surely has to include all women, not just the ones you personally align yourself to.
I don't care what you are, I just respect who you are.

However Jack, as a lesbian who has spent the last year bouncing off various penises to try and prove a point, I doubt you'll understand why your LGBTQ+ umbrella will never keep you dry. (and if I see you at PRIDE I'm gonna kick you right in the conscience).
The only part of commenting on jack I’m uncomfortable with is the whole gender /sexuality thing because I am, I’m afraid, from a slightly different time. It wasn’t a better or worse time but it was different and try as I might I don’t always ‘get’ what the right term of expression is. As such I shy away for fear of offending.

I’ve been scared to enquire about Jack as it seems a trap she is setting. Any questions with make me ‘phobic’ or guilty if an’ism’ when I’m deffo not. I’m just really not getting certain things, like, for example-,if you’re a woman who has relationships with men, then women, and then men again- well surely that makes her bisexual? Not a lesbian? And if she is none binary, then why does she sometimes say she straps her breasts up yet at others says she is ‘proud of her tits’ and call herself a she? It just feels like it makes a mockery of genuine transgender people and dilutes any Positive work achieved by others I’d spreading awareness.

Apologies to anyone if I’ve offended I genuinely do not get Jacks individual case.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 131
I honestly think she says this so people think she has some massive reach and has whole canals of unhinged lunatics threatening her. I bet there *might* be one or two crackpots who *possibly* give her a bit of hassle via DMs or whatever, but I do think she's flattering herself thinking there are thousands of people who want to harangue her, when in reality, she's not on most of the population's radar at all.

Also, has she tried claiming a Maori/NZ branch of her gently, crazy, blended heritage yet? 🤔
She better not! My mum was asked when I was born if we had Màori blood as I was quite dark. We haven't by the way. I was obvs born in NZ and grew up there. I am so enraged at her trying to centre herself in Jacindas resignation. There was no mention of abuse etc in her resignation speech, but Jack had to make it about that so she could align herself to the news of the day. She's an absolute bleep and I hope one day the realisation of her crappy behaviour comes back to bite her when she can't do a thing about it. Karma is a witch.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
That first photo you attached @Valiofthedolls is the one she says she’s clearly deep in the throes of anorexia. Having lived with an anorexic, I can tell you they don’t look like that

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Fraus (this auto 🥕 to Fraud 3 times 😆), Eastenders is messing with us, there's a golden 🍍 on Billy's stall! #plot# gets knocked over and tampons go everywhere, courtesy of our likkle BBC insider *taps the 👃*
#j1gisacunt #honk

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
That first photo you attached @Valiofthedolls is the one she says she’s clearly deep in the throes of anorexia. Having lived with an anorexic, I can tell you they don’t look like that
I bet she just forgot to have her slop one morning, and that has become a battle with anorexia.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
HaHa classic Jack, making it all about herself. Sadly for all of us Jack is not going to follow Jacinda and step down as she has ‘nothing left in the tank’ as Jack is nothing like Jacinda.
To me Jacinda Ardern has been an inspiration to women and girls across the world, the compassion and courage she’s displayed, despite hospitality at times has shown that politics can be one of hope and respect, unlike our own recent political leadership. To compare herself with Jacinda in any capacity is my aneurysm !

Jacinda, a woman of integrity and vision, stepping down on her own terms, as 5 years of intense strain and hard-work has taken it’s toll, Jack, a lazy small-time grifter, lying at every opportunity with little care for anyone but herself, who’s finally been rumbled and outed as a fraud, yeah I see the similarities Jack 🤦🏽‍♀️
That's an angry at Jack's audacity in solidarity with you, not at you @SmillieKylie dear ❤

Reactions: 9
Fraus (this auto 🥕 to Fraud 3 times 😆), Eastenders is messing with us, there's a golden 🍍 on Billy's stall! #plot# gets knocked over and tampons go everywhere, courtesy of our likkle BBC insider *taps the 👃*
#j1gisacunt #honk
I must say I LOVE the idea that creative type Fraus might be hiding Easter eggs in their oeuvres for the canal to find. Winking at you Sandi! 👏🏼

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
The only part of commenting on jack I’m uncomfortable with is the whole gender /sexuality thing because I am, I’m afraid, from a slightly different time. It wasn’t a better or worse time but it was different and try as I might I don’t always ‘get’ what the right term of expression is. As such I shy away for fear of offending.

I’ve been scared to enquire about Jack as it seems a trap she is setting. Any questions with make me ‘phobic’ or guilty if an’ism’ when I’m deffo not. I’m just really not getting certain things, like, for example-,if you’re a woman who has relationships with men, then women, and then men again- well surely that makes her bisexual? Not a lesbian? And if she is none binary, then why does she sometimes say she straps her breasts up yet at others says she is ‘proud of her tits’ and call herself a she? It just feels like it makes a mockery of genuine transgender people and dilutes any Positive work achieved by others I’d spreading awareness.

Apologies to anyone if I’ve offended I genuinely do not get Jacks individual case.
I’m possibly younger but I worry about this too. Can’t speak for gender stuff but sexuality wise I like boys and girls, and therefore I’m bisexual. I don’t get why she can’t just say that 😂 (though she says “queer” which some people use for any sexual attraction (or none) that isn’t straight)

Reactions: 33
*emerges blinking from a speed-lurk-grunk*

Jack said of Jo Cox: "I didn’t know her well, but I’d done some events with her…". Must admit I've only done a quick Google, but can't see any evidence of that. I guess they could have been at the same events on occasion, this being when Jack was in her Luvvieland phase with Leggy, but, but, but...?

1st Google results are for here ✊ and then a batch of images of Jack posing as she lays flowers for Jo. With her still very young son (full face, very identifiable) next to her 👿

Ghoulish.
She’s an absolute ghoul. At the time of her murder, I was working with a number of people who knew her well and had worked with her, so much so that we were called to a company meeting to be formally informed, offered counselling and organised a kind of vigil in reception. Jack wasn’t fit to lick Jo’s shoe.

ETA 🍉

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 78
Dearest canal. I have taken so much thought and courage from you all with your honesty, integrity, transparency and open discussion on a variation of topics since I joined. Something has been not right with me for a while now and a text this morning pushed me over the edge and I cried for the first time in forever. Got dressed, walked into the gp practice, clearly in an heap with snot making my mask stick to my face. So attractive. Asked could I see a doc and within 20 minutes I was uttering the words “I need help”. I’ve a long road ahead, possible complex grief disorder so talk therapy as well as new meds to try for depression. I would’ve been stuck in the cycle of trying to get on with it but your shared experiences and strength urged me to walk in and admit I need help. We might all be a bunch of mithering ninnies but there’s a lot of respect and transparency amongst the memes, general battshittery and belly laughs that go on here. I ❤ you all!

On topic. Jack, thanks for bringing us together. You may be a grifting, infuriating liar but I will forever be indebted to your 17 personalities for leading me to Tattle. Oh and you’re not fit to polish Jacinta Ardern’s shoes ya loon, trying to find a way to loophole yourself into her drama is so, so you.
So pleased for you that you have taken that big step @shugabug23 ❤ if you need more Off Topic chats there's also the Food & Drink threads which are the sweetest place on the internet.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I dread to ask but how on Earth did she make herself the victim in the Jo Cox murder?

Edit- I’ve seen the quote. Ten quid says she never ever met her in any capacity whatsoever. Never known anyone to claim kinship with so many tragic public figures or notable events.

• Heart
Reactions: 46

tender one, honestly the sad thing is there are no coherent answers which is why it‘s easier to shout ’x-phobe’ as you gently ask honest and open questions..

Reactions: 32
#j1gisacunt #honk
allegedly upside down pineapples are the new pampas grass as the sign of a swinger’s house. Putting a golden pineapple upside down is a damn sight easier than balancing a real one. Probably.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Dearest canal. I have taken so much thought and courage from you all with your honesty, integrity, transparency and open discussion on a variation of topics since I joined. Something has been not right with me for a while now and a text this morning pushed me over the edge and I cried for the first time in forever. Got dressed, walked into the gp practice, clearly in an heap with snot making my mask stick to my face. So attractive. Asked could I see a doc and within 20 minutes I was uttering the words “I need help”. I’ve a long road ahead, possible complex grief disorder so talk therapy as well as new meds to try for depression. I would’ve been stuck in the cycle of trying to get on with it but your shared experiences and strength urged me to walk in and admit I need help. We might all be a bunch of mithering ninnies but there’s a lot of respect and transparency amongst the memes, general battshittery and belly laughs that go on here. I ❤ you all!

On topic. Jack, thanks for bringing us together. You may be a grifting, infuriating liar but I will forever be indebted to your 17 personalities for leading me to Tattle. Oh and you’re not fit to polish Jacinta Ardern’s shoes ya loon, trying to find a way to loophole yourself into her drama is so, so you.
Sending so much love, my darling - that took courage beyond words. This group of nefarious ninnies is the best corner of the internet, with love, laughter and understanding (and somebody PLEASE shoot me, I sound like one if those motivational posters.🤮) aplenty. We'll always be here for each other. ❤
Jack has no idea what (real) human interactions with no attached agendas feel like, and that's sad.
Long live the canal!

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.