Jack Monroe #464 Twitter isn’t compulsory ya prune

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dread to ask but how on Earth did she make herself the victim in the Jo Cox murder?

Edit- I’ve seen the quote. Ten quid says she never ever met her in any capacity whatsoever. Never known anyone to claim kinship with so many tragic public figures or notable events.
It's a deadly serious narc version of Limmy's 'down to earth and VERY funny' bit

Reactions: 26
Has Jack written her essay yet, the youngest prime minister in history ever must be on tenterhooks?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Whilst pondering Jack’s love of attaching herself to drama I wondered if she’d ever commented on the Manchester bombing, an event incredibly close to my heart and never too far from my mind for deeply personal reasons. I note that she seems to have tweeted on it but deleted all her tweets. Does anyone know what she originally said?

A88732DD-3FCF-4342-AE6E-1C74D5476DA9.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Absolutely. Look, lads (as most of you might guess) I'm as far from GC as it goes on account of being massively queer and ridiculously fabulous.
However, last week JM made it crystal they were non-binary, but was happy for the paid Guardian interview to use the 'she' pronoun (to make it "easier"?)
It's massively offensive to now be appropriating faux rage and disgust in a vain attempt to centre oneself at the centre of a gender based issue.
Yes, women are massively criticised, harassed and abused often because of their gender, this is abhorrent and wrong. But, this arguement surely has to include all women, not just the ones you personally align yourself to.
I don't care what you are, I just respect who you are.

However Jack, as a lesbian who has spent the last year bouncing off various penises to try and prove a point, I doubt you'll understand why your LGBTQ+ umbrella will never keep you dry. (and if I see you at PRIDE I'm gonna kick you right in the conscience).
Oh Sweet, I would marry you in a heartbeat.❤
(The husband might have a problem, however.😁)

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Actually even more trite and pathetic than that. It was at Southend YMCA. In August 2012. Spiteful bleep

Evening Standard 2017
View attachment 1895155
View attachment 1895283
(Edited to correct date as I’d mixed it up with an October event- thanks to @Cack Conroe who grabbed this initially)
Glad she got over her horrible aversion to skirts and heels from 2008. I love the stories where people reject her attention seeking bullshit and Jack is just left to seethe.

0731E5FD-98CE-4995-BAD2-CE4F6F8BED18.jpeg

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 59
I hope she doesn't mean her yellow sticker recipes, what to do with a freezer full of gifted fish, and priced by the penny general bollocks. But agree, what else is there? Not the Quarterhack? It has just occurred to me that apart from being a made up word, it is vaguely reminiscent of Quarterback. One for the American Moms?
Quarterhack (tit name btw JM) makes me think of Quatermass and the unpleasant thing lurking in the pit which cyclically brings us right back to JM

• Haha
Reactions: 31
George Floyd, Sarah Everard, Capitol Hill riots, Grenfell, COVID, Brexit, Jo Cox and so many more.
Re covid - only Jack could make a GLOBAL pandemic all about her 😂.
I wonder if she still goes to church for 'private prayer'? Because surely she wouldn't have started that up just as an excuse to go out in lockdown... 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 43
The only part of commenting on jack I’m uncomfortable with is the whole gender /sexuality thing because I am, I’m afraid, from a slightly different time. It wasn’t a better or worse time but it was different and try as I might I don’t always ‘get’ what the right term of expression is. As such I shy away for fear of offending.

I’ve been scared to enquire about Jack as it seems a trap she is setting. Any questions with make me ‘phobic’ or guilty if an’ism’ when I’m deffo not. I’m just really not getting certain things, like, for example-,if you’re a woman who has relationships with men, then women, and then men again- well surely that makes her bisexual? Not a lesbian? And if she is none binary, then why does she sometimes say she straps her breasts up yet at others says she is ‘proud of her tits’ and call herself a she? It just feels like it makes a mockery of genuine transgender people and dilutes any Positive work achieved by others I’d spreading awareness.

Apologies to anyone if I’ve offended I genuinely do not get Jacks individual case.
Just call her an Arse Crumb..its factual
Anything else out of Jack is lies and slop.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Actually even more trite and pathetic than that. It was at Southend YMCA. In August 2012. Spiteful bleep

Evening Standard 2017
View attachment 1895155
View attachment 1895283
(Edited to correct date as I’d mixed it up with an October event- thanks to @Cack Conroe who grabbed this initially)
Bet Sir Dave saw right through her. I didn’t agree with him about … eerrrrrrrr … much? anything? politically, but credit to him, he was a proper grafter, and he was a proper local MP, not interested in climbing the greasy party pole or gladhanding the right people to get a cabinet post. He was always present locally, he even got the commuter train to work in London with everyone else (including in my carriage a few times!) like a normal person.

In effect his hard work and consistent effort at the coalface was what got him murdered - the fact that he always did in-person stuff for his consituents, he was always available to chat face to face with his people and find out what the problems were that they needed him to help fix. That’s why that evil hole was able to hop on a train, easily book in to see him, and murder him.

Jack’s beloved own MP Duddridge has never done anything for local people, is never seen in the supermarket just doing his family’s weekly shop like Amess was, doesn’t go to local things, never mind lowers himself to actually seeing local people in person at surgeries. Sir Dave was not my cup of tea ideologically but that doesn’t matter because he did a lot to help his constituents, and Southend was made poorer by his murder. In spirit if not in funding, bless him he got his long held and very loudly expressed wish for city status in the end (which apparently gives more government cash to the place?).

I probably disagreed with him more than Jack did, but I can still find it in me to say good things about him, because they’re true. Pity she didn’t have the grace in her to do the same. Is there anything she hasn’t been a gigantic bleep about?

• Heart
Reactions: 93
Absolutely. Look, lads (as most of you might guess) I'm as far from GC as it goes on account of being massively queer and ridiculously fabulous.
However, last week JM made it crystal they were non-binary, but was happy for the paid Guardian interview to use the 'she' pronoun (to make it "easier"?)
It's massively offensive to now be appropriating faux rage and disgust in a vain attempt to centre oneself at the centre of a gender based issue.
Yes, women are massively criticised, harassed and abused often because of their gender, this is abhorrent and wrong. But, this arguement surely has to include all women, not just the ones you personally align yourself to.
I don't care what you are, I just respect who you are.

However Jack, as a lesbian who has spent the last year bouncing off various penises to try and prove a point, I doubt you'll understand why your LGBTQ+ umbrella will never keep you dry. (and if I see you at PRIDE I'm gonna kick you right in the conscience).
Ah I do like you.

There's plenty of people in the world who don't mind what anyone else identifies as, or who anyone else loves. I couldn't give a hoot what gender anyone is or who they sleep with. I don't care what religion they are or what colour their skin is. If they are disabled or not.

My only request, my sole request, is that people aren't arseholes. Sadly Jack hasn't managed that. My bar was set so low and she's still not managed to walk over it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 69
If she'd claimed a gender fluid ID I'd have shrugged but for me this is typical of how Jack appropriates issues. If she can link her situation to transphobia then she's NB. If claiming to be a woman earns more victim points on a particular day she'll claim to be a woman.
She is like a one-stop shop of those “real life” buy-bait articles from Now magazine and the like.
They would have a pic of a celeb and a current story about them “Daniela Westbrook - I stole food during my drug hell!” But inside they would just regurgitate the basics of the story then spend two pages about non-celeb Jacquie from Essex who had shoplifted designer jumpers whilst in the throws of a £100 per day coke habit.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Whilst pondering Jack’s love of attaching herself to drama I wondered if she’d ever commented on the Manchester bombing, an event incredibly close to my heart and never too far from my mind for deeply personal reasons. I note that she seems to have tweeted on it but deleted all her tweets. Does anyone know what she originally said?

View attachment 1895439
Also an event v close to my heart. What an absolute piece of tit. Once again, you're not welcome round here Jack.

ETA been searching twitter and found her mining for more AA member data
Screenshot 2023-01-19 204709.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 44
That first photo you attached @Valiofthedolls is the one she says she’s clearly deep in the throes of anorexia. Having lived with an anorexic, I can tell you they don’t look like that
I just want to say that this isn’t always true, healthy weight ≠ mentally recovered. You can defo still be ‘deep in the throes of anorexia’ even if you’ve physically recovered and look ‘healthy’ again. Some of the worst mental torture from an ED actually comes when you’re weight restored.
I know this is Jack we’re talking about here so whether what I’m saying applies to her or not is very debatable given her history of lying about health conditions, but I wanted to put this out there anyway because I think this is quite a misunderstood aspect of the disorder. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 72
far be it for me, a cis het woman who considers herself an ally, to police anyone's gender or sexuality - i believe in everyone's truth and treat them accordingly

but this is jack we're talking about. despite her saying she chooses her words with "laser-focused accuracy" she just doesn't. she'll hurl out any old identity to turn criticism into abuse

I'm irish, stop abusing me!
I'm greek, stop abusing me!
I'm working class, stop abusing me!
I'm gay, stop abusing me!
I'm enby, stop abusing me!
I'm trans, stop abusing me!

unfortunately, this works a lot because a lot of her critics are gc, but the tide is turning and more and more lgbtq+ and allies are seeing the truth

the way she carries on is actually harmful to lgbtq+ people and that time when she said "my pronouns are getting people fed" was incredibly offensive

• Heart
Reactions: 77
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.