Jack Monroe #464 Twitter isn’t compulsory ya prune

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This particular tweet is my aneurysm, I believe. Jack seems to believe that by repeatedly mentioning her 'vulnerability', she will stop being a hard-nosed grifter and become the delicate smol creature she apparently believes she should be recognised as.
Jack please take it from a fellow* ‘different’ and indisputably fragile person, the reason we criticise you so much and so harshly is because you’re an unrepentant grifter who has caused a lot of harm. Hope that helps.

*Jack is neither fragile nor different and these are traits she has made up to enhance her grift

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
There is no actual understanding of being non-binary because the concept itself is sexist nonsense that actually reinforces the idea that there are stereotypes, personalities, actions and appearances that are inappropriate for the sex they aren’t traditionally assumed to be associated with. Jack’s “non binaryness” is no more real and no less real than anyone else’s; she’s female and sometimes she seems to act as if she expects people to pretend not to know that.
I know I'm getting on a bit but I've just read that 3 times and still haven't got a clue

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Mom is sharing vegan cookbooks on Insta. Not Jacks…
Her Vegan(ish) book has always wound me up. I was always under the impression that it's something you either are, or aren't- no "ish" about it, it's a whole lifestyle isn't it? Surely the addition of anything that makes it "ish" is making it vegetarian, rather than Vegan? Happy to be put right though and I know in the grand scheme it's a minor irritation! (Also every time I tried to type "ish"- my phone tried to suggest the word grift 😆 nice one Mr Samsung!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
There's a thread in Off Topic for that discussion, lads.

Have we seen the eels yet?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Her Vegan(ish) book has always wound me up. I was always under the impression that it's something you either are, or aren't- no "ish" about it, it's a whole lifestyle isn't it? Surely the addition of anything that makes it "ish" is making it vegetarian, rather than Vegan? Happy to be put right though and I know in the grand scheme it's a mirror irritation! (Also every time I tried to type "ish"- my phone tried to suggest the word grift 😆 nice one Mr Samsung!
The book is fully vegan. There are multiple reasons she's given for calling it vegan-ish. None make sense.

It's of course still terrible because it's part of her body of work.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
And Shrunken Head Jack’s flowery boilersuits

View attachment 1894262
And Jack’s denim boilersuits (just like Beloved Slumlord Grandad’s who is DEAD)
View attachment 1894272
And Jack’s well…everything really. IT’S THE NATURE OF HER WORK TO NEED A ~SPARE~ OKAAAAY? Do you want her to STOP BREATHING?
View attachment 1894275(thanks to @Veronicaaa @Marmalade Atkins and @Silver Linings for the screenies)
I haven’t seen these posts before and I’m shocked! So she casually mentions that she buys two of everything, like it’s no big deal, but she thinks she’s poor? (She must really like those sideboards then hah!)
I just can’t get my head around how people could read those posts and still believe she’s destitute and in need of donations to survive? does she think normal people have the means to go “oooh I love that shirt, better buy multiple of them”?? MASSIVE twit!!!!!

• Sad
Reactions: 33
At the end of 2020, Jack said she was writing a thing about her heroes and asked for suggestions. Lots of people - including this squig - suggested Ardern.

View attachment 1894515

Not only did Jack never write the piece but she didn’t even acknowledge any of the squigs’ contributions. See those 9 likes? Not Jack.

She treats others with utter contempt.
Sorry, I know this is a point that's been done to death by better Frauen than me, but will she ever STOP with the "slowly, gently, restfully" crap? As if she is some serene, ethereal being who glides through life while the rest of us mere mortals stomp our way through like bulls in a china shop. She just gives me the complete ICK!

And don't start me on her shameless and baseless comparison with the lovely (actually serene) Jacinda, who from the little I know appears to have more grace and intelligence in her little finger than JM has in her whole self.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
I woke up this morning not to my radio clock alarm but to my cat jumping on my legs. Seriously WTF? I don't doubt for a minute that Ardern gets nasty emails, Tweets, etc 24/7 (like most women in politics) but for Jack to hijack this as being like what (allegedly) happens to her is beyond ridiculous.

And unless some big scandal is about to break AFAIK Ardern doesn't have a Patreon that she uses to collect money for vaguely described campaigns, and doesn't get snotty with people that criticize her. That's why she's *not* like you, Jack.

Reactions: 38
The book is fully vegan. There are multiple reasons she's given for calling it vegan-ish. None make sense.

It's of course still terrible because it's part of her body of work.
Thank you for clarifying- I've never had the misfortune to read any of her slop manuals, Vegan or otherwise!

Reactions: 18
I
One of the many baffling things I find about Jack is when she tweets, writes, posts on SM, she has time to think about it. She has time to even go back and check what she's said previously! It's very different to blurting something out in a social/face 2 face situation where you think 'Oh duck. I shouldn't have said that'. She doesn't appear to use that delay between thinking, typing and pressing post at all. Ever. And never has done. Even when she's tying herself up in knots she just barrels on through like a blunderbuss. It's really odd.
She does go back and check it, but she thinks 'Jack that already sounds amazing, but it needs more adjectives'

• Haha
Reactions: 34
There's a thread in Off Topic for that discussion, lads.

Have we seen the eels yet?
I see what you did there, deploying the Deflection Eels 😏

well done, you'll get to the bottom of it all in time, and you’ll get it sorted ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Amen. She's a bad shithouse who's made gender non conforming folk look like cranks. That's not arthritis, it's bad knees from relentless bandwagon jumping. She's an abhorrent, self interested coke fiend.

Imagine going to an act of public mourning dressed as the third member of Wham with your kid in tow? She does my bleeping head in. Truly.
She wishes she could dress like Gorgeous George (RIP- still heartbroken).

• Heart
Reactions: 23
JM constantly drawing attention to the fact that she’s being sent "abuse" and is being "trolled" (which I don’t believe is relentless) is just a way of gaining traction from her dwindling supporters. If she has ever spoken to the police about being trolled she will have been given the same advice that I was when I was trolled for discussing a difficult recovery from a life threatening illness on a support forum. I was told to block anyone who posted a message that upset me, NEVER EVER engage by replying, never make threats in retaliation and if I couldn’t do those three things to leave the forum, delete the app and take a break from being online, she is constantly attention seeking instead of working.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.