Jack Monroe #462 Tectonic plates make less fuss about moving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The only time I have ever been really ill from food was defrosted prawns. I'm still loath to buy and eat them to this day which is a shame as I love them!

Sausages- another typesetting error, it should be
sausages
cooking oil

Eta it's funny because she specifies cooking oil (vs baby oil or motor lube), and yet the 5* reviews talk about her not being patronising, and giving clear explanations.
Shouldn’t it be vegetable oil not cooking oil? Usually recipes specify either vegetable oil or olive oil, as olive oil has a distinct flavour and vegetable oil has a neutral flavour.

Reactions: 34
I had to go back to that because I couldn’t White believe it. Reading the whole recipe and method, I think my eyebrows have now LEFT my face. If you’re feeling fastidious you could, instead of quartering the cherry tomatoes, cut them into EIGHTS. Surely if you were feeling fastidious you’d mix mayonnaise, ketchup, lemon juice and have your own cocktail sauce?
Pan fry the grapefruit in its own juice or solid fat - it’s impossible to say how long for because everyone’s pans are different.
once it’s all prepared, pop it in the fridge until you want to eat it.
by which time, the liquid from the prawns, the lettuce, cucumber and grapefruit will have pooled in the bottom and you’ll have a watery plate 🤮

who pays her for this?! bleeping HELL.
It's really quite insulting to all that somehow everyone thought these recipes were a great idea for thrifty cooking.

I'm still cringing at her giving a lengthy description of what a rolling boil is. It really shows to me what disdain she has for ' the poors'

My eyes are bleary (send coffee-os) but does the non-rosemary roast potatoes really say to cook them for one and a half hours?? 90 mins??
Yep! Such thriftiness

• Wow
Reactions: 35
I’ve been vegetarian for 37 years 🍉 but the thoughts of putting plain tofu in that pie instead of sausage is making me feel quite peculiar. That plus mealy dull white beans sounds horrific. I might have to take myself over to slopalong and do it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 74
The first thing I thought when I looked at the pages - 'I've seen that chicken somewhere before'... 🤔
That chicken looks like when archaeologists unearth a really well preserved gravesite and their skin is like v patinaed leather

If you saw it at the M+S rotisserie you’d be scared

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Turns out my best friends parents know Tom 'Fingers' Kerridges mum. I've asked her to TELL them to try and get his honest opinion on Gak Monroe. Watch this space!

im hungover to my eyes, lads i think im still drunk.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 104
My bathroom's Sulking Room Pink.

Getting absolutely roasted by these threads. bleeping hell.
My kitchen and hall and stairs are both painted in churlish green (we bought far too much when we did the kitchen hence using it up. That's a thrifty tip for you all)

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Shouldn’t it be vegetable oil not cooking oil? Usually recipes specify either vegetable oil or olive oil, as olive oil has a distinct flavour and vegetable oil has a neutral flavour.
Literally, what’s the point of saying ‘cooking’ oil anyway, doubt anyone was going to be using crude oil to cook their sausages in.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
I had to go back to that because I couldn’t quite believe it. Reading the whole recipe and method, I think my eyebrows have now LEFT my face. If you’re feeling fastidious you could, instead of quartering the cherry tomatoes, cut them into EIGHTS. Surely if you were feeling fastidious you’d mix mayonnaise, ketchup, lemon juice and have your own cocktail sauce?
Pan fry the grapefruit in its own juice or solid fat - it’s impossible to say how long for because everyone’s pans are different.
once it’s all prepared, pop it in the fridge until you want to eat it.
by which time, the liquid from the prawns, the lettuce, cucumber and grapefruit will have pooled in the bottom and you’ll have a watery plate 🤮

who pays her for this?! bleeping HELL.
I think she needs to collaborate with Pippa Middleton who famously suggested that you could freeze water to make ice - what a book on entertaining they could do!

• Haha
Reactions: 48
I have a friend who works for a well known premium paint company 🍉 in the marketing dept I’ve suggested that they rename Elephants Breath and call it Grifty Grey

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
How do you finely slice a bollock sausage? They’re just paste inside.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
The cringe bio has changed. As has the assertion of sober. Just the one day at a time hashtag now

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 27
I've had a good long sleep, had a scroll through the hellsite and the thirsty Monroe stans are still trying to get her to notice they exist with their dreary paint suggestions. She's responded to barely any of them. Aren't they embarrassed? 🥹

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
I have a very similar cast iron pot that I use to cook my chicken in, and I can say without fear of contraction that that chicken is cold and has just been dumped in there, it's also overcooked and will be dry as duck.

• Sick
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.