Jack Monroe #462 Tectonic plates make less fuss about moving

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Coming back to this because those recipes make me feel sick, what relevance is her very limited experience from 10 years’ ago anyway? The benefits system has completely changed since then. It’s about as useful as her Lucca restaurant suggestions
That's her whole thing though, isn't it? Being the face of poverty / austerity, a self-appointed spokesperson, so she can be included in things like this and the tories think they've ticked a checklist of hearing from the poors. It's farcical but also depressing.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 67
There isn't anything new or interesting in the Sunday Express Grifty supplement - I've attached it behind the spoiler below for completeness.

They haven't even named her on the front page advertising it! 🤭

View attachment 1883987

Saw copies of the book in supermarket this morning, all untouched 5 copies. Hid them behind a TK book. Last thing anybody strapped for cash needs is a copy of Grifty.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
The piano thing has made me chuckle, coming up with a plausible alibi that weaponises frugality in a gotcha moment against her trolls…

Forgetting entirely that most households don’t also just happen to have a piano laying around 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Taking a snapshot of her media currently, seeing as she's so committed to attempting to wind us up with non stop posts about Mizzle by Farrow and Ball :rolleyes: . Only succeeding in making herself look ridiculous, again.

Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 11.24.39.png

• Haha
Reactions: 32
The toffee chat has brought back memories of sausage toffee. Send sick bags.

A Wario version of Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat is both hilarious and accurate, thanks for that laugh.

Seconded that you don't use hot water on stains, it does indeed set them because heat denatures the proteins in things (see above, I'm Waaario!) so it's best to use the appropriate enzymes and room temperature water to soak spillages.
Or just wash your sofa cushions like a normal person.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
The piano thing has made me chuckle, coming up with a plausible alibi that weaponises frugality in a gotcha moment against her trolls…

Forgetting entirely that most households don’t also just happen to have a piano laying around 🤦🏻‍♀️
Yes, and weirdly, an expensive keyboard that sits on top of a pricey Cotswolds sideboard. It doesn’t even have a proper seat. Why would you spend all that money on something and not utilise it properly. Joker

Reactions: 36
Saw copies of the book in supermarket this morning, all untouched 5 copies. Hid them behind a TK book. Last thing anybody strapped for cash needs is a copy of Grifty.
Saw three in asdas yesterday - bored of lunch was sold out so I covered GK in pinch of nom and a copy of ‘Elizabeth’ by Giles Brandreth (I’m sure he’d approve).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Appearing in the FT is serious. They have the investigative journalists that have exposed some of the biggest financial frauds in recent times.
I have no idea what she will be wittering on about today in an attempt to astroturf her timeline, but I hope this FT article is posted after every tweet. The Guardian article walked so this one could run. Sue ‘em Jack! 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
**Eta ahhh my quote didn't work. But it's about frozen onions being double the price of fresh**

Or, you can have the convenience of frozen onions for half the price by buying fresh onion, chopping it up, and freezing it in a bag. For half the price and maybe 3 mins of effort to cut and bag 500g of it.

Also on the subject of being thrifty, anyone know a good way to clean ugg boots? Without buying the ugg cleaner? If someone suggests a nail brush I'll not be delighted. Last time I stuck some in the washing machine in the end and it broke them as I couldn't find any other way to clean them inside and out that worked. But id like to keep these...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Taking a snapshot of her media currently, seeing as she's so committed to attempting to wind us up with non stop posts about Mizzle by Farrow and Ball :rolleyes: . Only succeeding in making herself look ridiculous, again.

View attachment 1884286
Also just makes a mockery of the problems so many renters face. I consider myself super lucky because my rent is low and the flat is in a good area, but equally we have to clean black mould off every external wall monthly, it’s so damp I can’t keep flour in bags in the cupboards (or salt in my pig 🥺) and when an electrician referred to our metal kitchen and bathroom light fittings as “death traps” it took seven months for them to be replaced. I couldn’t give a tit that all the walls are white and all the carpets are grey and all the pictures are hung on command strips.

But I’m actively lucky compared to people having rent increased by hundreds of pounds, houses sold from under them, overcrowding, water pouring through the ceiling, pests, carbon monoxide leaks, unsafe cladding etc etc. Compared to the family of that poor tot who died due to black mould.

Jack’s been renting for centuries yet her utmost concern seems to be paint which just doesn’t reflect why most tenants would like to not be tenants or at least have better rights. She pays lip service to it but the Farrow and Ball obsession tells us otherwise.

• Heart
Reactions: 83
Who the duck cleans a sofa with a nail brush?
So strange that I seem to be able to receive emails that don’t automatically head to spam-what bad luck Jack has. Nothing to do with the threat of small claims court that she’s responded, I’m sure…
Wait a minute, she has a nail brush 😲

I thought she was a year sober in 2019? Is she lying again?

View attachment 1883828
She looks like a smug toad seated in a mud hollow and clothed in murky orange, the colour in bru goes when mixed with pish. The smugness disgusts me most.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 45
How frigging hard is it to make a seafood sauce.. my 13 Yr makes it every Christmas/Easter etc.. ( its her job and we declare its her best ever yet)

She hates food and food pissing hates her.
Bet she has nightmares of cloudy with chance of meatballs actually coming true.

• Haha
  • Heart
Don’t want to boast like but my sofa cushions have zips so the covers can be removed and washed, I only do it every six months or whenever a child spills something, whichever is sooner 😄

it’s sad reading all the renting issues people have. I’m out of touch now, I've been a homeowner for 15 years now but back when I was at uni the rented places were the pits. Mould, rats, mice, broken windows, dodgy electrics and gas - they were death traps. Rent paid in cash, naturally. And not once did I get my deposit back.

I’m currently packing up half my home and am doing all the pre house buying things - including my AIP - do banks WANT you to not have a life because the budget we were given for a house was double what I’d even dare to spend, maybe I am too cautious. If Jack is buying I hope for her sake she hasn’t mortgaged herself to the hilt.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
My kitchen and hall and stairs are both painted in churlish green (we bought far too much when we did the kitchen hence using it up. That's a thrifty tip for you all)
My house is like balamory..I had the same Abigail Ahern lamp( gave it my mam .. not Rose west) and I have certain ceilings painted not white ...she's stalking me 😬😭

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.