Jack Monroe #46 Patreon Saint of waifs and strays.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And THE HUSKS! Those sodding corn-on-the-cob husks from the last episode of Hellscapes Live. I’ve got a barrowload of Withered Husks™️ kicking about here and no delicious recipe to grate them into 😢
Ah she answered the husks one. Wrap stuff and bung in oven. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Is she serious? Are people really believing that this is the caper of a totally devastated woman today? She truly can't bring herself to take one day, even half a day off her socials to make the 'grief' slightly more believable.

Reactions: 43
I agree entirely with this, and the previous post you quoted. I've talked about this before, and sorry if it's like I'm going on about it, but I have regular thoughts of suicide. Less so when things are going well, but they sneak up on me even then. It's mostly just tiresome, like having an ongoing argument with someone who doesn't like me very much. I dropped a big milk carton and made a mess at the weekend, because my (probably arthritic) hands were hurting and I didn't want to accept I couldn't lift it and my first thought was 'God, you're just a useless c**t, why don't you kill yourself and then people won't have to put up with you any more'. It's like it's not me talking when it happens, and 'actual me' has to take over and tell that thought to duck off. I sort of assume that most people don't have that happen to them on the regular and over such small things. I don't know what it is that causes it, because though I have had a lot of tit in my life, I am sure there are plenty of people who have had far worse things happen to them and didn't end up with that voice in their head, that ever present option. What I'm trying to, poorly, articulate is it's not about the situations I've faced, not about specific events that have driven me to the point where I'd consider it, it's just that somehow, it's an option for me.

Sorry, I don't mean this to sound all 'woe is me' because I don't mean it like that and I am fine, not JM fine, proper fine, I suppose what I'm saying is that the same event could happen to two different people and one would have that option and one wouldn't, because it isn't how their brain works. I have a suspicion, though it's only from personal experience and talking to a few people, that those who do kill themselves (sorry, I don't know the right words to use here), might have the same switch flipped in their head as I have, for whatever reason that happens.

I'm sure it's different for everyone, like most things, but the couple of times I have ever come close in 20+ years of feeling like this were not a result of one particular event, it was a build up of things until what I can only describe as overwhelming tiredness took over, and really just a desire to rest and not have to keep fighting any more. I appreciate that's only personal experience though. I guess what I'm getting at is that had I done it, no event/person/situation would have been the cause, it would have been the way my head deals with things.

Sorry, that was long, and not very well written and I hope doesn't seem insensitive.
Oh, Flumps 😢. Big love ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 25
fallen down a bit of a JM insta hole trying to pinpoint the beginning of the fillers but got distracted by how many looks she’s had! She looks like a completely different person multiple times. Also clearly a fan of the filters long before the fancy iPhone 11. 2017 - May 2020 lots of looks in between and after 😬
She had a period of looking really good and healthy last year. (not any of these examples but had a lovely photo with Nadiya)
5E6CD498-C076-490D-811B-38477470E9C3.jpeg
2D73D9CB-9FAE-4971-B759-18714C075656.jpeg
A2423B1D-EFE6-426B-AFE7-22F8896A5A83.jpeg
ACBC3B3B-7AAC-4093-BB40-74B02984BBD7.jpeg
68CF569E-578F-4EB1-B2A1-F238BD396C0F.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Me too! I adore Edinburgh, and Scotland in general, I'm obsessed with Highland cows and puffins.
I hope you get a chance to visit the North East or Highlands. We went out for a drive (or “a run in the car” as we say) today and we were saying how lucky we are to have such beauty on our doorstep. Then it rained. But it was still bonnie 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 23
wouldnt it just be a dream to travel around Scotland, starting in Edinburgh and going all the way to the top? And men with Scottish accents make me weak at the knees, seriously. Scottish accents are my Matt’s forearms.
This is literally my dream trip. A lot of my friends have done the europe or Australia road trips - I'd love to go to the islands to see the puffins then work my way down from inverness to the borders, Scotland is one of my favourite countries in the world

• Heart
Reactions: 17
This is literally my dream trip. A lot of my friends have done the europe or Australia road trips - I'd love to go to the islands to see the puffins then work my way down from inverness to the borders, Scotland is one of my favourite countries in the world
It’s on my to do list too, I’ve seen a small part of Scotland but want to see so much more!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
duck sake, an invasion is afoot. I just start venturing out round the town again and she is on her way!

Also, fucked off to see Ian Rankin and Irvine Welsh reply to her. 2 of my favourite authors. Ian seems like a nice guy, Irvine is a bit of a twit. Similarly to Jack he likes a bit of working class tourism. Good books though.

Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.